EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Have to share the Good news,

L2's in 177 and 22 are already in Los Angeles. I spoke to Brian at edgunwest today. 25 and 30 barrels are set to arrive in about 10 days.

RJ

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

That's definitely some good news in a world of bad news these days. It's weird about the .177's and .22's arriving first considering that all the reviews and videos coming out are for the .25 and .30 calibers.

L2's in 177 and 22 are already in Los Angeles. I spoke to Brian at edgunwest today. 25 and 30 barrels are set to arrive in about 10 days.

RJ

1f44f-1f3fc.svg
1f44f-1f3fc.svg
1f44f-1f3fc.svg

That's definitely some good news in a world of bad news these days. It's weird about the .177's and .22's arriving first considering that all the reviews and videos coming out are for the .25 and .30 calibers.

Its because I picked the Alpha barrels as a standard for the 25 and 30 caliber. After my own experience and speaking with Ed about his testing I felt it was the best choice. LW are great, I just liked the hammer forged non choked barrels from Alpha. They were shipped separately. Alpha does not make 177/22. The Alpha absolutely crushed the Polymags in accuracy 

RJ

1f44f-1f3fc.svg
1f44f-1f3fc.svg
1f44f-1f3fc.svg

Its because I picked the Alpha barrels as a standard for the 25 and 30 caliber. After my own experience and speaking with Ed about his testing I felt it was the best choice. LW are great, I just liked the hammer forged non choked barrels from Alpha. They were shipped separately. Alpha does not make 177/22. The Alpha absolutely crushed the Polymags in accuracy

Thanks for the update Brian. I'm patiently waiting for my 250mm in .25 and 350mm .30 barrel kit.

Nice...non-choked .30...gives slugs a chance for those that are a-wanting. Guess it's time I started making my final decisions on the rest of the kit that's out there. 

I sure do wish there was more tech info on everything, including the 350 mm barrels and all, directly posted like manufacturing specs ala other AG makers. Just so I could sit there with everything laid out before me in B&W and be like, "so the .30 350mm can do a max. 20 shots @ 150 bar @ 70 fpe while the .30 450 mm can do a max 25 shots @ 150 bar @ 85 fpe." I'd also like to see the reg adjustment or port adjustment or whatever, but I'm assuming that will be in the literature that ships with the L2.

Anyway..the excitement is finally starting to build in me now that the end is near. The L1 was my first Edgun, which I had long enough and just prior to the L2 announcement to know that I had to sell it to fund the L2. I sure wish I had others since it was built like a tank, but I do love my Cricket .25 and Taipan Long .22 as they are tuned to perfection so I find it hard to part with them. I almost pulled the trigger on a RM5 Long .30, but for the single shot, a while back. The L2 seems, with the right config, as capable as that though. I have a feeling the L2 may result in me parting with a couple from my stable...

I sure do wish there was more tech info on everything, including the 350 mm barrels and all, directly posted like manufacturing specs ala other AG makers. Just so I could sit there with everything laid out before me in B&W and be like, "so the .30 350mm can do a max. 20 shots @ 150 bar @ 70 fpe while the .30 450 mm can do a max 25 shots @ 150 bar @ 85 fpe." I'd also like to see the reg adjustment or port adjustment or whatever, but I'm assuming that will be in the literature that ships with the L2.

those specs don't seem to be available but you could have a shot at it with a calculator while you wait, Ed say his target for efficiency is "9-10 joules per CC on anything I make"  

https://www.edgunleshiy.com/blog/2020/5/26/a-sit-down-with-ed-to-talk-edgun-leshiy-2/

Tank volume is 152cc, pressure drop e.g. 300 - 130 = 170

Efficiency formula - (volume of reservoir in CC) x (pressure drop) / (number of shots) / (power)

Energy of pellet, Joule - (pellet speed meter per sec) x (pellet speed meter per sec) x (pellet weight gram) / 2000

Have fun :)

RJ

1f44f-1f3fc.svg
1f44f-1f3fc.svg
1f44f-1f3fc.svg

Awesome!

those specs don't seem to be available but you could have a shot at it with a calculator while you wait, Ed say his target for efficiency is "9-10 joules per CC on anything I make"  

https://www.edgunleshiy.com/blog/2020/5/26/a-sit-down-with-ed-to-talk-edgun-leshiy-2/

Tank volume is 152cc, pressure drop e.g. 300 - 130 = 170

Efficiency formula - (volume of reservoir in CC) x (pressure drop) / (number of shots) / (power)

Energy of pellet, Joule - (pellet speed meter per sec) x (pellet speed meter per sec) x (pellet weight gram) / 2000

Have fun :)

Well, I guess that's fun for some folks. Kind of like guessing at how fast/the performance specs of a prototype car or motorcycle are before it's released. Not my particular cup of tea. And I believe we have passed the prototype stage and are in the 1st gen released-to-market stage, so I'm sure you and many others can "feel" me.

My fun will come when I'm sending lead down its barrel(s). I just prefer to not have to suss out all the nuances myself. Spare time is short in my life as it is and now the days are getting shorter due to the season change. So knowing how to set-it and forget-it to where I'd like it would be very nice. That's all my comment was about.

But I know we're all just musing and having fun here..myself as well 🤘🤘

For those old enough to remember Carly Simon..."Anticipation..anticipa-a-ation"...

Curious... what guns has everyone bought while waiting for their L2? ... I’ve succumbed to 2 Weihrauchs, and and 2 old school Dianas in the lead up...

Hahahahaha - glad to know I am not the only one. Although I have managed to resist each time I get close to clicking Add to Cart. 

Been close on the Wildcat MKIII, but I want to wait until all the plenum BS is resolved and the gun can actually shoot the advertised fpe. Also looked at a few other gun like the Impact MkII Compact, the LCS19, the Huben, etc...... Managed to come to reality each time that the Leshiy 2 is coming and will fill the niche that any of these guns would have. 

Curious... what guns has everyone bought while waiting for their L2? ... I’ve succumbed to 2 Weihrauchs, and and 2 old school Dianas in the lead up...

Impact 700mm in 25cal, Compact Impact in 30cal and spending a lot on optics for the Leshiy2. So far, an Athlon Ares BTR and an AGM Python Thermal with QD mounts, this is all because of Covid, all funds were from a cancelled trip to Hawaii and Japan..😏

Ha...an HW97K, an HW77K that was traded for a Beeman R9 branded HW95. Like yourself, I'm leaving the latest and greatest for the L2 to blow me away...if that's what you're doing.