• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Hello all, and haply new year! I'm a bit of a novice, need a little more advice, I'm shooting 21.14gr barracuda match pellets in 22 out of my L2 at about 880 fps I'm currently waiting for a holosun red dot to go with a 3x Bushnell magnifier ive got ( I bought this model as I heard it has very good eye relief, I'm awaiting delivery of the red dot, as a temporary solution I bought a cheap pair of flip up iron sights off Amazon which appear to have no elevation adjustment and its shooting way to the right so have had to wind the windage adjustment way off centre - the gun seems to be grouping fairly ok but just quite low since I can't adjust elevation on the front sight, I'm only shooting at 20 yards or so, is it normal to have to just aim above your target when this close with iron sights? And Will I be able to zero the red dot and magnifier for 20 yards? Or will I have to zero for more like 50 and just aim high on closer range targets?

Can you include a picture of your iron sights, as they're mounted?

Excuse the messy bench, I dont work on it here!

2024-01-01-22-55-08-107.jpg

I've never used picatinny mounted open sites but can they be shimmed?

Sounds odd since the L2 rail has 30 MOA built in. If anything you should be having the opposite problem.

I hope you post back with how the magnifier works for you. I thought about trying either the Bushnell or the Riton behind my PA 1x prism but sounded like it was going to be tough to get them to work together.

The PA magnifier either had to little eye relief or was too short to work on the L2. Or maybe both.
I am only using the iron sights for a few days till I can get the red dot and magnifier (hopefully) set up, 30 MOA built in? Is this to do with the height of the rail above the muzzle? I'd of thought it made sense that its shooting low then? I'll let you know how it goes with the magnifier, I chose the Bushnell because someone in another thread suggested it and apparently has bigger eye relief then most of the others out there, it seems nice but I can't really say until I pair it up with the dot

I am only using the iron sights for a few days till I can get the red dot and magnifier (hopefully) set up, 30 MOA built in? Is this to do with the height of the rail above the muzzle? I'd of thought it made sense that its shooting low then? I'll let you know how it goes with the magnifier, I chose the Bushnell because someone in another thread suggested it and apparently has bigger eye relief then most of the others out there, it seems nice but I can't really say until I pair it up with the dot

As I recall the Bushnell & the Riton by far had the longest eye relief of any magnifiers. There may have been one more with about the same amount. Regardless, your choice should give you a better chance of success with an L2.

The MOA rail allows you have have flexibility dialing for elevation. There are some excellent diagrams online that explain it better than any words I can write. I'll try to post one later.

Are you sure that front sight isn't altitude-adjustable?

It looks like the centre pin may rotate. But the picture is a little blurry and at a distance.
I agree, the front sight pin does appear (blurry) to be adjusted. The pin also appears to be unscrewed quite a ways. There should be a pin you can push down that will allow pin to turn to the next notch (1/4 turn).

Good luck,
Dave

Excuse the messy bench, I dont work on it here!

View attachment 421103
Looks like you have both your front & rear sites installed backwards. Flip them around and start over. Also, just looking at your front site and from what I can see, you should be able to adjust for elevation. It looks like a standard AR-15 front post. Can you post a better pic close up of your front site?

Looks like you have both your front & rear sites installed backwards. Flip them around and start over. Also, just looking at your front site and from what I can see, you should be able to adjust for elevation. It looks like a standard AR-15 front post. Can you post a better pic close up of your front site?

I think the front and rear sights are in roughly the right location.

Do you mean they're oriented the wrong direction? i.e. the rear sight is at the rear, but the adjustment markers are facing forward rather than backward?

Yes, I agree with that, although it probably won't matter much as there don't ?seem? to be any kind of illuminated markers on the rear sight.

I think the front and rear sights are in roughly the right location.

Do you mean they're oriented the wrong direction? i.e. the rear sight is at the rear, but the adjustment markers are facing forward rather than backward?

Yes, I agree with that, although it probably won't matter much as there don't ?seem? to be any kind of illuminated markers on the rear sight.
They are in the correct location. They just need to be rotated.

Reactions: sb327 and theLBC
Well I turned the iron sights around and the thread stripped off the front one trying to tighten it slightly over FINGER tight ah well cheap Amazon crap! I have my red dot in a few days, ive temporarily mounted the last thing I had to hand which had compatible mounts, a green laser, zeroed at 15 yards, atleast I can actually shoot it finally! Ive just been may dumping stuff at point blank for the hell of it with no sights until now! 🤣

Reactions: Peskådot671
Well I turned the iron sights around and the thread stripped off the front one trying to tighten it slightly over FINGER tight ah well cheap Amazon crap! I have my red dot in a few days, ive temporarily mounted the last thing I had to hand which had compatible mounts, a green laser, zeroed at 15 yards, atleast I can actually shoot it finally! Ive just been may dumping stuff at point blank for the hell of it with no sights until now! 🤣
Oh bummer. If you still want to get in the game, get at least a set of Magpul MBUS sights. It's cheaper if you purchase them by the pair. It's around $75 for the gen2 version or $80 for the gen3 on Amazon.

Last edited:
Also I bought the hornet mod maybe 2 years ago or around the time it first came out for the L2. Was severely disappointed. What I thought would be a great improvement of maybe 15-20db quieter end up being something like 5-6db quieter, from what I remember testing on a DBmeter on my iphone.

Its funny how I go on the site and see the hornet mod50 is sold out. Anyone else disappointed in it? Maybe its because I saw a recent video of DonnyFl's Yokozuna and how that improved FX's beast of an air rifle. I know, not the same power as an L2, but still. That DB improvement was insane, despite not showing any numbers, just video of how much quieter it got.
I’m definitely excited to try the Yokozuna on my L2 9mm 450. I’m not sure how much improvement it will provide over the Behemoth though. I think 50% of the audio signature you are hearing is coming from the pneumatic magazine/valve noise. There are some 3D printed baffles you can buy or make but in my experience the improvement is modest.

Has anyone seen this regulator design before? Its from a brand new Leshiy 2!
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/leshiy-2-new-regulator-design.1304554/
Thread has already been started, January 3rd. No answers!

Reactions: msg1979
New design on the E.A.R:

How many in here have creeping E.A.R regulators? It looks like the new design still creeps

Last edited: