• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Yeah barrel is definitely choked, so its absolutely pellets only then, my only worry with that is keeping it in the sweet spot 800-900 fps with the best pellet options, kinda only allows me to reach 25-32 ftlb before my fps start going way up - anyway, I'm sure I can crank the power when I get some unchoked barrels - I bought the gun 2nd hand, very low use age, like new condition, I'll attach a pick see if anyone can tell me if its got the dog and bone thing, ive heard of this, I'll deffo wanna go 30cal soon, what are my options if it has this dog and bone thing?

View attachment 415447
You need to look straight into the hole. See the white thing inside the red "puck" in this picture? That's the dog bone and collar.
PXL_20231210_200539839.jpg

But yeah your rifle looks lightly used.

So this dog bone and collar thing, am I best leaving it in or taking it out? If I wanna be able to switch between 22 and 30?
You'll need different jetting for the .22 vs. .30 unless you're okay with the .22 wasting an enormous amount of air.

When you change the jetting you can take the dog bone and collar out. It's a pretty easy thing to do.

Another thing you could do is get a second forward plug (pictured) or perhaps the entire rear end (stock), one for the .22 and one for the .30. That way you'd have less fiddly work to do when switching between calibres. It's what I do.

Screenshot from 2023-12-13 15-44-12.png

The advantage of having a 2nd stock over just the forward plug is you have the regulator in the stock, so you can keep all your settings.

I've still got to grab a chronograph, its high on the list, I realise I'm kinda blind without one, but I've spent out on the gun and all the upgrades and that's it for a few weeks before I can somehow spend a bit more on chronie etc, I'll def be sticking with 350 barrels, wanna keep it compacr! Out of the many 22 pellets youve tried, any that stand out for the walther 350 barrel that you remember ? I might not have time to spend years and thousands of pellets out! Haha
You are doing it backwards, but oh well, your money.
.22 x 350mm barrel need a short Dwell. OK, mount a 0.7+0.7 jet to start with something, chrony it and you may need to change again.
pellets? read the thread

Reactions: delooper
Also chasing an indexing issue on a used Leshiy 2 and have been working through the indexing video. The indexing wheel was dented, but replacement did not fix. Video states that the gear spring should be 10mm +/- 0.5, however both the installed spring and the one in my repair kit are around 8.35mm (calipers zeroed, but maybe not accurate?) Additionally, the two pins near R2D2 are not budging.. suggestions? Tried punching them out with an Allen key and pulling them out with pliers.

Many people pumping up the Regs because having short barrels. But most mistake is in how to calculate the jets (Dwell).
The indexing mechanism won't move below 60-70 bars just not enough juice to feed both the projectile and the indexing, and that mechanism will advance = accelerate with 140-150-160 bars and higher some people have it on 180.
Either you manage your Dwell with jets (lower Reg), or slow down the mag with #12. This all assumes you have no worn pieces already somewhere inside the mechanism.

1702659303338.jpeg

I got a metal replacement for part #3, if I switch it out with the plastic one should I change lubricant to graphite powder? Also wondering what people use as a lubricant for the primary hinge that connects the two halves of the Leshiy 2. Does something like frog lube seem okay or is a more heavy duty grease ideal? And if so, recommendations please?

Thank you!

Also chasing an indexing issue on a used Leshiy 2 and have been working through the indexing video. The indexing wheel was dented, but replacement did not fix. Video states that the gear spring should be 10mm +/- 0.5, however both the installed spring and the one in my repair kit are around 8.35mm (calipers zeroed, but maybe not accurate?) Additionally, the two pins near R2D2 are not budging.. suggestions? Tried punching them out with an Allen key and pulling them out with pliers.
Edgun Spain recommended stretching the gear spring to the recommended length. My real problem though was the R2D2 spring, the spring was compressed so much (14.69mm) that I stopped to question if the replacement spring even belonged there. Once swapped, the #12 adjustment was easy. If everything else is checking out and #12 isn’t doing anything significant, check that spring!

I plan to optimize for the 700-750 fps range and EDgun Spain recommended 2x 0.6 jets. Currently there are 2x 0.4 jets in there. I plan to swap from a 350mm to a LW 250MM choked. Currently running the Mod50 with 2 sections. My question is, how loud is the 250mm with stock moderator and do any of the aftermarket baffles for the stock moderator help?

Edgun Spain recommended stretching the gear spring to the recommended length. My real problem though was the R2D2 spring, the spring was compressed so much (14.69mm) that I stopped to question if the replacement spring even belonged there. Once swapped, the #12 adjustment was easy. If everything else is checking out and #12 isn’t doing anything significant, check that spring!

I plan to optimize for the 700-750 fps range and EDgun Spain recommended 2x 0.6 jets. Currently there are 2x 0.4 jets in there. I plan to swap from a 350mm to a LW 250MM choked. Currently running the Mod50 with 2 sections. My question is, how loud is the 250mm with stock moderator and do any of the aftermarket baffles for the stock moderator help?

I have an L2 and switched from the factory baffles to the STO baffles. They definitely made a difference.

For what it is worth, I have a bit of regret going with the 250mm barrel. With the factory shroud it's as long as a 350mm setup without shroud & with the quick detach options available now I think I would go with the advantages of the longer barrel.

But I do like how it looks & handles currently.

Reactions: Treks
I have an L2 and switched from the factory baffles to the STO baffles. They definitely made a difference.

For what it is worth, I have a bit of regret going with the 250mm barrel. With the factory shroud it's as long as a 350mm setup without shroud & with the quick detach options available now I think I would go with the advantages of the longer barrel.

But I do like how it looks & handles currently.
Do you mind if I ask what type of shooting you do? Thank you for the baffle suggestion too!

Do you mind if I ask what type of shooting you do? Thank you for the baffle suggestion too!

A good question but one I can't answer. I developed a fairly uncommon & serious vestibular issue when I was already well invested into this hobby.

Purchasing an L2 was my way of seeing if semi auto would get me to fall in love with shooting again. Need to get it set up for my needs & shoot several thousand pellets through it before I can really answer that. And hopefully find a new niche in this hobby.

I'm very fortunate given my condition that I can hike several times a week. Hoping the L2 becomes an enjoyable backwoods plinker as well as a reasonably quiet pest dispatcher.

Hoping the L2 becomes an enjoyable backwoods plinker as well as a reasonably quiet pest dispatcher.
Ditto. Right now with only a couple Mod50 sections it measures in around 33''. I love how light the package is, but the length is a little more than I would like. Looks like a 250mm with OEM moderator would be about 26'', however I am having trouble finding how much extra length running a 3 section Behemoth would add (best guess from what I have seen online is around 3 inches). The tri-lug would be awesome though.

What speed and caliber have you set it up for? My hope was that by increasing the jet sizes, reducing fps and changing OEM moderator baffles, most of the bark would be taken out. I have never heard a stock Leshiy 2, but would probably settle for a dull thump over a higher pitched report. For what it is worth, I am shooting .25.

Wonder if anyone makes a thread adapter that I can take off the OEM 250mm shroud and run my 350mm handguard with something like a 0db.
Not sure what you mean. You can of course build your own moderator. I could imagine something like the stock shroud, if it was substantially enlarged (say, swollen-out on the right side) could be given enough volume to suppress a .30 cal configuration.

The Leshiy 2 can't be made as silent as most PCPs, as the semi-auto mechanism produces some noise. That said, if you're only hearing that, it's not very bad. Sounds like a pneumatic nail gun. Very easy to ignore.

Not sure what you mean. You can of course build your own moderator. I could imagine something like the stock shroud, if it was substantially enlarged (say, swollen-out on the right side) could be given enough volume to suppress a .30 cal configuration.

The Leshiy 2 can't be made as silent as most PCPs, as the semi-auto mechanism produces some noise. That said, if you're only hearing that, it's not very bad. Sounds like a pneumatic nail gun. Very easy to ignore
Found one: https://www.edgunleshiy.shop/products/eagle-vision-adaptor-leshiy-2?variant=37064105885846

The 0db almost clears the Leshiy 2 handguard (eyeballing it), by removing a little material from the 0db moderator I could probably optimize length while still having a nice quality moderator.

Ditto. Right now with only a couple Mod50 sections it measures in around 33''. I love how light the package is, but the length is a little more than I would like. Looks like a 250mm with OEM moderator would be about 26'', however I am having trouble finding how much extra length running a 3 section Behemoth would add (best guess from what I have seen online is around 3 inches). The tri-lug would be awesome though.

What speed and caliber have you set it up for? My hope was that by increasing the jet sizes, reducing fps and changing OEM moderator baffles, most of the bark would be taken out. I have never heard a stock Leshiy 2, but would probably settle for a dull thump over a higher pitched report. For what it is worth, I am shooting .25.

The length is more than you'd like when you're shooting it or when you're packing it around?

My L2 is 22/250 & shooting around 24 FPE as I recall. I measured it but just don't remember. Have all the parts to tune it, add a bottle & shorten the length of pull. Just need the time.

As far as your other question, you can add a Striplin adapter to the factory shroud & screw on any 1/2 UNF adapter or even use the Behemoth or new QD DonnyFL moderators.