• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Can keep pressure 300+ bar?
My gauge:
ed.JPG

I find reference to both 300cc and 350cc bottles being used to replace the lower air tube on L2's. I am have trouble finding consistent specs on these bottles.

Is the 300cc bottle shorter than the 350cc bottle?

Do they both allow the L2 to lock in the folded position without the longer locking pin?

I am looking to shorten the LOP on my L2 and want to maintain some clearance between my thumb/wrist and my grip. Grip is vertical so I have some room.

I find reference to both 300cc and 350cc bottles being used to replace the lower air tube on L2's. I am have trouble finding consistent specs on these bottles.

Do they both allow the L2 to lock in the folded position without the longer locking pin?

I am looking to shorten the LOP on my L2 and want to maintain some clearance between my thumb/wrist and my grip. Grip is vertical so I have some room.
Same length, different diameter. Longer locking pin need, has more to do with shrouds than the air tank.

Reactions: Scouty

I have the 350cc bottle and you don't need the extended pin. Just make sure to de-pressure the gun, close the stock and move the bottle until it clears the trigger guard and then pressure it up to lock it in place.

Reactions: Scouty
I have the 350cc bottle and you don't need the extended pin. Just make sure to de-pressure the gun, close the stock and move the bottle until it clears the trigger guard and then pressure it up to lock it in place.

Is it the bottle that has wiggle room or the butt stock? Or both?

I've watched videos on this but it has been a while.

As mentioned, you have to change the angle of the stock, so the stock won't be straight up-down in your shoulder. Depending on what you're comfortable with, you may or may not like that.
To provide a few mm clearance between the bottle and the trigger guard your really don’t have to move the stock that much. I don’t even notice it on my L2 with 350cc bottle

Im afraid I am no longer in the L2 gang. I sold mine today. That whole "exploding rervoir" debacle and the lackluster explanation never sat well with me. It made me unable to enjoy shooting it. It's probably just me being paranoid, but once you know, you know...
I read a little on that thread but did not follow the full journey. Has there been a documented case since?

I have plenty of airguns, and I will continue to shoot them. I just don't want an airgun where my cheek rests on 300 bar of pressure.

If Ed found a clear and obvious cause behind the explosion it would've been a different story. Like maybe the guy filled it with something dubious or assembled it wrong, whatever. But as it stands, there is no clear reason why the airtube failed. All they know is that the rupture started at a corroded part on the inside. Ed thinks there is no cause for concern and we should move on. I disagree.

Reactions: Bullysyclone
Can't care less with this my engineering mind...after two years and maybe 10K shots down the pipe if this L2 explodes in my face you can be sure it was my own error. Ed would just not say it any differently...
Your logic is baffling to me. Engineers solve problems. They don't handwave them away or default to user error. Your reasoning basically equates to: "This bridge has been successfully operational for 10 years, so if it ends up collapsing, then it was clearly the fault of that one heavy truck putting too much weight on it.".

Is it really that hard to even consider the possibility of a structural/design error, or are you just THAT blinded by loyalty to the EdGun brand?

I've only been able to find 2 verified cases of a PCP exploding, and these were indeed proven to be caused by user error. One instance where a guy tried to convert a CO2 rifle to HPA, which ended up almost killing him. And one where someone filled their gun with pure oxygen.

As it stands, the L2 explosion is the only case where a clear explanation behind the catastrophic failure is absent. User error was speculated, but these were largely ruled out by Ed's research team. No traces of dubious substances were found, and it was proven that the rupture started at a point of corrosion on the inside of the reservoir. Which rules out the initial theories that the gun may have been assembled incorrectly.

Im am by no means saying that YOU should throw your L2 in the trash, or even that there was no user error. It's possible. However, the current lack of an explanation simply does not make me feel comfortable using this product. And I would much appreciate it if you would temper your persistently dismissive tone towards people who are critical and/or doubtful.

You honestly sound like one of those Apple fanboys. "Oh no, the overheating or exploding battery cannot possibly be Apple's fault. They probably just used their iPhone wrong".

Last edited: