• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Good morning everyone, I'm new here in the group, but full of doubts...my leshiy 2 (.177) with a 450 mm alpha barrel and two 0.8mm jets, I can't increase its speed at all by shooting 15.1 grain slugs , because I wanted speeds between 905 and 900 fps please help me .... thanks in advance.
Start by replacing couple of 0.1mm jets and increase your regulator pressure until you are shooting 940 fps (That’s your maximum speed for that regulator pressure). Once you have that speed then swap out the 0.1mm jets to bigger sizes until your L2 is shooting 900-905 fps which is around 96% of your maximum speed of your regulator setting. Less wasted air this way.

Good morning everyone, I'm new here in the group, but full of doubts...my leshiy 2 (.177) with a 450 mm alpha barrel and two 0.8mm jets, I can't increase its speed at all by shooting 15.1 grain slugs , because I wanted speeds between 905 and 900 fps please help me .... thanks in advance.

What have you tried so far: regulator settings, jet size, barrel length. Which regulator do you have?

human regulators, one internal (110 bar in a 27 cc plenum and another huma raptor regulator at 135 bar in a 57cc plenum) a 360cc cylinder at 300 bar, I have already made adjustments to the regulators, adjustments on the trigger valve, I changed that black sphere because it was cracked, I put a stainless steel one ..... I don't know where else to move to increase the speed because I'm using a 450mm barrel and 4.5mm caliber.

human regulators, one internal (110 bar in a 27 cc plenum and another huma raptor regulator at 135 bar in a 57cc plenum) a 360cc cylinder at 300 bar, I have already made adjustments to the regulators, adjustments on the trigger valve, I changed that black sphere because it was cracked, I put a stainless steel one ..... I don't know where else to move to increase the speed because I'm using a 450mm barrel and 4.5mm caliber.
The 27cc plenum might be your primary limiting factor at present. I think that plenum was designed for the UK market, to limit the Leshiy 2's power level. My vague recollection is 12ft-lb is the limit in the UK before you need a firearms permit, and the 27cc plenum was the primary device they used to achieve that -- as well as the puck (red transfer port sleeves). If you have the small plenum you should check to see if you have the small puck, too. If you have the small puck, it's fairly easy to drill it to full size.

The standard plenum is the 42cc one, which will allow you to hit some fairly high fps numbers, and should more than suffice for anything .177 calibre related, but there is also a 57cc plenum available -- as far as I know it's only needed for the .30 and .35 calibres.

I had a look -- it appears you are in Brazil. I don't know your laws exactly, but it sounds like you might have to pass a course to get a firearms permit, to legally have such a modded Leshiy 2. The 27cc plenum sounds like your distributor is going the UK route to sell a Brazil-legal "non-permit" gun. So to check all your bases you should ensure these mods are legal where you live. If you have said firearms permit, though, it looks like you'll be fine.

Reactions: gabrielmoreira
:)

How can you make it mouse fart if the muffler is blowing right into your face?

Maybe something like this can help:

View attachment 380194

View attachment 380195

View attachment 380196

View attachment 380197

View attachment 380198

View attachment 380199

The work is still in progress, the form and function is correct, just to define the cosmetics a bit more....
That is cool. I bought a similar item from Silent Thunder Ordinance. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

This rev.03 was a quick and dirty design with 50 micron tolerances for resin printers (only). I don't own any filament printer so I don't know what dimensions I shall change to make the part fit.
Initially I wanted to make a new cover piece only, but could not "borrow" a 3d scanner on time. I would need the position of the 2 dowels to the indexing barrel relation correct, the rest of the shape is easy. I would just make that plug "thicker"

forward plug cover.JPG

This my box is a little big to my liking, but works well. Next all rain day season I will minimize the shape a bit in a rev.04 but that time must wait for now busy with outdoors.

Here is a stp file to anyone want to try. I am usually using eSun Hard Tough + Shiraya Tenacious in ratio 3:1, my current print is in black.

View attachment Cover Forward Plug 03.zip

Last edited:
I have my L2 350mm .22 when it first came out. Recently converted to a 460cc tank with Behemoth and I’m shooting 18.13 JSB with 90+ shots. Extremely happy!

In route I have a L2 350mm, 9mm re-barreled in .25. 460cc tank and Behemoth. Looking to shoot .254, 38gr AVS.

.22 and 9mm/re-barreled in .25 are two different guns due to one being the larger plenum.

Question is, what am I expecting for shot count on the new gun?

Ideal to tune it down to shoot 28gr - 34gr to squeeze more shots?

Can you post a close up picture from front-right side, how much gap you have between the FV plug?

Can you post a close up picture from front-right side, how much gap you have between the FV plug?
My
My scope mount is kinda in the way at the moment, but I will put it on and post soon.

What is this sorcery? Is this made by Edgun or aftermarket? Will it explode into my face?

What is this sorcery? Is this made by Edgun or aftermarket? Will it explode into my face?

Isn't it the plenum from the new .35 cal model? I imagine all the parts will slowly appear on the EGW page.

In other news... I continue my experimentation with Behemoth blast baffles, this time with the 30 caliber. I must say the Behemoth performance in 30 cal has been hard to improve compared to .22 and .25. I went though a few different baffle designs and little tweaks, lots of pellets and air, had moderate successes and total failures (where with my baffles the damn thing actually became LOUDER than in the factory configuration). This is my take on the Tesla baffle which seems to work the best.

I've tested this on a 450mm 30 cal barrel using both non-reflex Behemoth and a reflex model with my big reflex tube, using both 1 and 2 middle sections. Numbers below.

Again, ignore the absolute dB numbers, this is not a good indicator of how loud it actually is, but it provides a good relative comparison of different setups and my ears agree.

So basically, there is a smaller improvement than what I've observed with .22 and .25. Short non-reflex models clearly benefit more. Here, I measured a 1.1 .. 1.7 dB improvement on short Behemoth setups with only 1 middle sections, and only a 0.5..0.6 db improvement with 2 middle sections. There is, however, also a change to the tone of sound noticeable on the non-reflex model: it takes away higher frequencies making the sound signature a deeper thud (similar to how the reflex model sounds).

I guess a reflex Behemoth especially with 2 mid sections and a bigger reflex volume is pretty efficient in this caliber already, and there are diminishing returns from adding additional sections or a baffle from there. Hard to improve on perfection (whereas the .25 caliber round in the same exact can is a bit sub-optimal due to the bore not ideally matched to the projectile, hence bigger gains from a properly sized baffle with a tighter bore).

In any case, it appears that adding my baffle to any Behemoth, either reflex or non-reflex, is approximately as effective as adding another section to it, which helps my goal of keeping things short. I was basically able to lose one suppressor section on my 30/450 setup which makes the while setup a little more manageable without being too loud.

I have a few more ideas so I'll keep playing with it...

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 4.53.30 PM.png

behemoth_baffle_v10_30_1.jpg

behemoth_baffle_v10_30_2.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 4.36.02 PM.png

Last edited:
I recently purchased 2, .22 caliber polymer magazines for the Leshiy 2. I immediately noticed a difference in accuracy between these 2 new mags versus the older, metal type. The accuracy with the new polymer mags is so poor as to be unusable. Also, these new mags will occasionally misfire, whereas the older metal ones cycle every shot.
I’ve checked them for flatness and measured thickness with and without the plates - all seems good there. I visually inspected them for flaws and I can see none.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be the issue?
Might be weight. I found that they cycle significantly better with very heavy pellets. It makes me think the lower weight may throw off the timing of the indexing. .22 250 have 2 pressure zone that function pefectly, above and strangely below 90-110 bar. Has problems 90-110 bar of failure to index or partial index.

The cycling isn’t the real issue, it’s an accuracy problem. The new polymer mags are just plain and simple, not accurate.
I’ve owned the rifle for nearly two years and it’s been great. Still is great when using the .22 x 350 or .30 x 350 barrel and metal mags. But if I try using either of the two polymer, .22 mags recently purchased, the rifle scatters pellets. Go back to the metal mags and all is good again.
Check alignmnent to see if the mag is off (bad mag). Otherwise timing will show as good first shot and bad follow ups. I don't usually shoot paper but I will do some testing with mine this weekend.

Sorry it took me forever. Hope this helps. For what it’s worth, I don’t think it helps that much. It was sort of a waste of money. The STO internals made a huge difference though.
What is that red dot quality? I just got one tube type feyachi rds-36 from Amazon to try if I like it...this is scary 1x view I got used to 32x and up...
STO internals?

What is that red dot quality? I just got one tube type feyachi rds-36 from Amazon to try if I like it...this is scary 1x view I got used to 32x and up...
STO internals?
The UUQ red dot was like $54 dollars on Amazon. It is a reliable and clear sight but obviously not the quality of an eotech. It holds zero and adjusts consistently but the dot has a weird shape when you turn up the brightness all the way. I haven’t tried it with a magnifier yet. I bought a new baffle stack/silencer core from Silent Thunder Ordinance. It made my gun noticeably quieter. The plastic piece that fits over the action made no discernible difference to me.

Reactions: bigHUN