• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Thanks, this one Is doing my head in a bit now, stretched the new spring out today and exactly the same thing happened, worked fine for about 10 mags then starts playing up…and when it starts playing up it’s regularly failing to index, no point renewing the spring again until I get the bottom of what’s causing it to come out of spec so quickly

Take a closer look with a jewellery higher power lens ;)
(the piece on left side is worn, also the drum below)

wear cannot index.JPG

wear cannot index 02.JPG

Reactions: dwm
While I was very earlier adopter of the Leshiy 2 (way back on Christmas 2020), strangely I have not posted on this thread, though had been following this thread through 2021, but trailed off since. Now that I’m back it seems there have been a number of marked improvements since then and I took the time to catch up on the thread. I currently have a stock first gen L2 .30 cal with 250mm barrel and stock shroud and red alloy mag, plugged nozzle and the other marked #2. Only mod was a STO shroud insert. Mostly target practice at 50 to 75 yards and destructive critter control on my property, though at some point would like to go hunting with it. Like the compactness of it (why I chose the 250mm) and overall weight. So, looking for possible upgrade recommendations, in particular:
  1. Is it worth it going REPR external regulator with shortened plenum to keep LOP the same? Are there any improvements to regulator creep? I have not used reg tester nor put a gauge in the bleed port, so I don’t have clear sense of how much creep there is with my version 1 setup. I do notice a first shoot being higher but only after not use the guns for many days/weeks.
  2. Per above if REPR is recommended, is the Huma external regulator a worthy improvement in creep area and recharge?
  3. Is it worth exploring engineered nozzles rather than relying on the drilled on that I probably have? Has anyone else moved away from the stock .30 cal plugged nozzle setup?
  4. Is it worth upgrading the valve if I have no plans to reduce the caliber from .30?
  5. Per 1, has anyone used a dial in the bleed port location successfully for ongoing use?
  6. Are the alloy mags still a going concern? Or should I move to the poly version?
  7. I dabbled in slugs 2 years ago and found them not to be accurate. Is it better to get the slug-specific mag or L2 specific slugs?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: maxzhou
While I was very earlier adopter of the Leshiy 2 (way back on Christmas 2020), strangely I have not posted on this thread, though had been following this thread through 2021, but trailed off since. Now that I’m back it seems there have been a number of marked improvements since then and I took the time to catch up on the thread. I currently have a stock first gen L2 .30 cal with 250mm barrel and stock shroud and red alloy mag, plugged nozzle and the other marked #2. Only mod was a STO shroud insert. Mostly target practice at 50 to 75 yards and destructive critter control on my property, though at some point would like to go hunting with it. Like the compactness of it (why I chose the 250mm) and overall weight. So, looking for possible upgrade recommendations, in particular:
  1. Is it worth it going REPR external regulator with shortened plenum to keep LOP the same? Are there any improvements to regulator creep? I have not used reg tester nor put a gauge in the bleed port, so I don’t have clear sense of how much creep there is with my version 1 setup. I do notice a first shoot being higher but only after not use the guns for many days/weeks.
  2. Per above if REPR is recommended, is the Huma external regulator a worthy improvement in creep area and recharge?
  3. Is it worth exploring engineered nozzles rather than relying on the drilled on that I probably have? Has anyone else moved away from the stock .30 cal plugged nozzle setup?
  4. Is it worth upgrading the valve if I have no plans to reduce the caliber from .30?
  5. Per 1, has anyone used a dial in the bleed port location successfully for ongoing use?
  6. Are the alloy mags still a going concern? Or should I move to the poly version?
  7. I dabbled in slugs 2 years ago and found them not to be accurate. Is it better to get the slug-specific mag or L2 specific slugs?
Thanks in advance

The REPR does have less creep than the original in-line reg. The main advantage of the REPR is the adjustability, but if you have no plans to fine tune it for different loads - especially in .30, where choice of projectiles is limited - then what's the point? Set it once and forget it. Also, the creep with original reg can be significantly reduced just by polishing the springs. And the REPR does come with its own issues, such as finicky piston o-ring and valve seal. The in-line reg just works.

I did not like the HUMA Raptor reg because it is SLOW. It takes up to 5 seconds to fully recharge the plenum after each shot. The REPR does it in about 1 second. It is very consistent shot to shot - IF you take your time to let it recharge - and with no creep to be seen, but looks like it's most suitable for a benchrest gun, which your L2 is not.

A single .2 nozzle does not sound right for a .30/250mm, but yeah, it could be drilled. What's the problem with the current nozzle setup? Not enough power? Low efficiency? If it works, leave it alone. If not, then yeah, you could pick up a set of nozzles and experiment.

The main improvement of the front plug is the possibility of addition of two extra parts (dog bone and collar) that are only used to improve efficiency with low powered .177 and .22 setups. Other than that, the new plug behaves exactly the same as the old one, so no need to upgrade, really. You do, however, need the new front plug if you want to use the gauge in the bleed port: the thread sizes are different between the two.

In my experience, the slugs properly sized for L2 bores (.219, .254, .303) work the best. I'm a big fan of NSA slugs in my L2's. NSA slugs in these sizes are specifically designed to work with newer polymer mags (not the slug mags).

Never had an issue with aluminum mags. Using them (for pellets) all the time.

Last edited:
You do, however, need the new front plug if you want to use the gauge in the bleed port: the thread sizes are different between the two.
In my experience, the slugs properly sized for L2 bores (.219, .254, .303) work the best. I'm a big fan of NSA slugs in my L2's. NSA slugs in these sizes are specifically designed to work with newer polymer mags (not the slug mags).
Thanks for the response.

So would this adaptor not work with original L2 valve section bleeder port?

Regarding the slug suggestion, It make sense to size to the L2 bore. So are the poly mags tighter than alloy mags, but not a tight as the slug mags? IOW, would the 0.303 NSA slugs fall through the alloy mag but not with the poly mag?

Thanks for the response.

So would this adaptor not work with original L2 valve section bleeder port?

Regarding the slug suggestion, It make sense to size to the L2 bore. So are the poly mags tighter than alloy mags, but not a tight as the slug mags? IOW, would the 0.303 NSA slugs fall through the alloy mag but not with the poly mag?

Right, I don't believe it will.

Poly mags have a larger "mouth" than the poly mags and fit and retain the .303 slugs nicely. Then the bore gets tighter, but since the polymer is somewhat elastic, it allows the slug to go through with little resistance and does not size it down as it pushes through like a metal mag would. The .303 NSA slugs do not fit the aluminum mags unless you hammer them in.

The slug mags are even tighter and are designed for .300 sized slugs that fall through the standard mags.

Original standard aluminum mag on the left, newer standard polymer mag on the right.

20230711_100609.jpg

Yeah it's a mess. Bottom line, if you shoot NSA slugs, get them in sizes specifically made for the Leshiy 2, which is .219, .254, 303, and use standard polymer mags. With other manufacturers, all bets are off.

Last edited:
Reactions: slickrock
Do you have occasional cycling issues that you can't resolve? Have you checked your mags? With metal mags, a slightly bent back plate may create interference, preventing the mag from rotating freely. With the newer polymer mags, the mag body itself may be warped and cause bad fit even with a good plate and also catch on the face of barrel while rotating. Tolerances are tight, and even a small problem here may cause cycling issues. Obviously the plates are easy to replace, but the mag bodies need a little work to fix.

I've encountered a few problematic mags in different calibers, this is what I do to fix them. All cycle flawlessly now.

Tools needed: a perfectly flat surface, 800 and 1500 grit sandpaper, a 2.5mm allen key, and a vise.

Hope this helps someone.

Checking for plate gap
View attachment 364794

A bent plate
View attachment 364795

Disassembling for inspection
View attachment 364796

Mag body
View attachment 364797

Yep, a warped mag body. This is actually not too bad, I've seen worse.
View attachment 364798

View attachment 364799

Sandpaper to the rescue...
View attachment 364800

Carefully sanding on a flat surface. You can see the high spots being sanded away as you progress. Finish with 1500 grit sandpaper.
View attachment 364801

View attachment 364802

View attachment 364803

Cleaned up
View attachment 364804

View attachment 364805

Perfect fit (with a new plate)
View attachment 364806

Thickness before:
View attachment 364807

Thickness after (total 0.1mm of material removed)
View attachment 364808
I particularly like the before and after micrometer reading. Good job.

I’ve been thinking for some time now about upgrading my stock L2 250mm setup with STO insert to a 350mm setup, but have so far not been a fan of increasing the length of the gun when folded with the 350mm shroud. Now with the a quick disconnect Behemoth, it might make sense to go with a 350mm barrel with hand guard extension and get the roughly the same folded length as the stock 250mm, when the suppressor is disconnected. Has anyone else gone this way and can share details?

Also, a 350mm barrel would allow going with the reflex option, though it has not been clear if the reflex shroud really adds to suppression. Had anyone baked off tri-lug vs. Reflex that can share details?

Also is there a carbon fiber version of the m-loc handguard extension that can work with the 350mm setup for the Behemoth?

Reactions: tnbndr
I’ve been thinking for some time now about upgrading my stock L2 250mm setup with STO insert to a 350mm setup, but have so far not been a fan of increasing the length of the gun when folded with the 350mm shroud. Now with the a quick disconnect Behemoth, it might make sense to go with a 350mm barrel with hand guard extension and get the roughly the same folded length as the stock 250mm, when the suppressor is disconnected. Has anyone else gone this way and can share details?

Also, a 350mm barrel would allow going with the reflex option, though it has not been clear if the reflex shroud really adds to suppression. Had anyone baked off tri-lug vs. Reflex that can share details?

Also is there a carbon fiber version of the m-loc handguard extension that can work with the 350mm setup for the Behemoth?
I can't answer all your questions but I recently purchased and L2 in .22 350mm with Behemoth moderator. Full length of the rifle is 38", folded with the moderator 28" and with Behemoth removed it is a mere 18". Now this includes the extension of the scope off the rear when folded. So that is a determining factor in folded length, see top pic. Without the scope the folded length is 15". I was able to get my folded L2 into a Pelican 1605 Case.
I can tell you that with the Behemoth off this rifle is about as loud as a PB .22 LR, with the Behemoth on it is backyard friendly.
I am pretty sure there is a carbon fiber M-Loc handguard that will work with the Behemoth setup. Best bet is to talk to Brian at Edgun West, he is quite knowledgeable in all things Edgun.
IMG_7519.jpg
IMG_7595.JPG

I can't answer all your questions but I recently purchased and L2 in .22 350mm with Behemoth moderator. Full length of the rifle is 38", folded with the moderator 28" and with Behemoth removed it is a mere 18". Now this includes the extension of the scope off the rear when folded. So that is a determining factor in folded length, see top pic. Without the scope the folded length is 15". I was able to get my folded L2 into a Pelican 1605 Case.
I can tell you that with the Behemoth off this rifle is about as loud as a PB .22 LR, with the Behemoth on it is backyard friendly.
I am pretty sure there is a carbon fiber M-Loc handguard that will work with the Behemoth setup. Best bet is to talk to Brian at Edgun West, he is quite knowledgeable in all things Edgun.
View attachment 372678View attachment 372679
That's the reflex Behemoth, correct? Since the reflex part acts like an air stripper, do you sense any sound or air movement from it since it's pushing are back toward the shooter? Thanks.

Reactions: tnbndr
That's the reflex Behemoth, correct? Since the reflex part acts like an air stripper, do you sense any sound or air movement from it since it's pushing are back toward the shooter? Thanks.
Yes, it is the reflex Behemoth per Edgun ad. I do not perceive any sound or air movement from the Behemoth. I believe that it is pushing air backward but it is all contained within the Behemoth sections.
The only air sound detected is the bit that is used to rotate the magazine.

The Behemoth reflex shroud does add suppression as you can see from the photos below when I open up the reflex shroud. Unfortunately the 350mm reflex shroud is kinda short so I made longer and bigger diameter shroud to replace the factory shroud which add to the initial discharge chamber for the Behemoth moderator. This dropped almost an additional 5db on my sound meter during testing with the meter mounted on a tripod 12ft away.
As for the CF handguard at the time of this writing I don’t believe Edgun has a CF handguard for the Behemoth reflex. The Valkyrie CF handguard for the 350/450mm barrel is too long for this setup since the Behemoth moderator can’t fit inside the handguard.
IMG_3533.jpeg
IMG_3532.jpeg
IMG_3534.jpeg
IMG_3535.jpeg
IMG_3536.jpeg
IMG_3537.jpeg
IMG_3538.jpeg
IMG_3540.jpeg