• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Hi there. Ive spent hours searching and found your post here. Just wanted to know what jet size I need for a .22 250mm Leshiy 2 shooting NSA slugs in 24 grain. I appreciate your help

Two 1.2mm would be a reasonable starting place. What are you trying to accomplish? i.e. 1000fps vs. economising on air usage are two different objectives.

Ok friends, Brian hasn’t answered my emails, so I’ll ask the masses.
I have a 25 350 L2, and decided to play a little and converted to a 30cal with fx 500mm superior barrel.
My question is, in 30, the action sounds much louder than it did in the 25. Im only shooting 44gn jsb at 720fps with a 500 barrel, so I’m not pushing it very hard. Is there a different jet size or something else I’m missing that would quiet the action down? It’s borderline obnoxious.
The bohemoth does its job up front. So what will help from the back?
Thanks in advance!

Air efficiency. I want to get the most shots before losing FPE to eliminate small pests. I dont know if that makes sense?

Are you comfortable with 600fps shots? For most small pests that should be plenty.

You'll want the dog bone and collar. Two 1.2 jets should work well. Then tune the regulator appropriately.

Kinda the nature of the beast so to speak. The valve operates by dumping the air on one side of a piston (large end of poppet). This blows the poppet open and the jets regulate how fast the chamber refills, allowing the poppet to close. The trigger that dumps the valve gets disconnected as soon as the poppet initially moves.

This chamber that dumps holds the same amount of air volume unless a dogbone is added or removed. The pressure the reg is set at has the most effect.

I’ve never messed with trying to quiet it down, hopefully someone can give you something to try.

Dave

Are you comfortable with 600fps shots? For most small pests that should be plenty.

You'll want the dog bone and collar. Two 1.2 jets should work well. Then tune the regulator appropriately.

Yeah I can start at 600 fps. What do you recommend I change as I look to increase fps and tune it to where I like it? For example starting with 2-1.2 jets, Id adjust the reg up or down, at what marker or indication would I go back and change jets?
Im essentially trying to understand how to brainstorm and tune the gun. For instance, and I could be completely wrong; If “x” happens, turn up reg. If Reg is maxed, swap jets. Tune reg down, shoot x amount of slugs, measure fps tune reg up/down, if xyz then swap 1 jet etc etc.

Yeah I can start at 600 fps. What do you recommend I change as I look to increase fps and tune it to where I like it? For example starting with 2-1.2 jets, Id adjust the reg up or down, at what marker or indication would I go back and change jets?
Im essentially trying to understand how to brainstorm and tune the gun. For instance, and I could be completely wrong; If “x” happens, turn up reg. If Reg is maxed, swap jets. Tune reg down, shoot x amount of slugs, measure fps tune reg up/down, if xyz then swap 1 jet etc etc.

There's probably people here who have more insights into tuning a Leshiy 2 than myself.

My strategy is largely designed to optimize the amount of time I put into the process. So I pick my jets, then adjust the regulator until I find a sweet spot.

Jets take the most amount of time to adjust. But the regulator (if you have the REPR model) is relatively quick and easy.

So I try some jets and then turn the reg up and down until I hit my desired velocity or hit the point of "diminishing returns", i.e. where increased reg pressure gives less velocity increase than previous increments. Exactly where you draw the line is a bit of a gray zone, largely depending on if you're happy with your velocities and air wastage levels (draw the line at lower speeds to minimize air wastage). Something along those lines. I don't have a fully set system as I've only done it a few times.

Basically I have two regulators for my Leshiy 2 (well, two rear ends), the "modest power" reg+jets for long-life back-yard pesting in .22, and the "high power" reg+jets for the .30 cal or heavy .22 slugs, etc.

If it feels like I'm wasting air, I'd pick bigger jets. But by and large I haven't deviated far from Edgun's recommendations -- it's been over a year since I last touched my jets so I forget which ones I have in the gun.

There's probably people here who have more insights into tuning a Leshiy 2 than myself.

My strategy is largely designed to optimize the amount of time I put into the process. So I pick my jets, then adjust the regulator until I find a sweet spot.

Jets take the most amount of time to adjust. But the regulator (if you have the REPR model) is relatively quick and easy.

So I try some jets and then turn the reg up and down until I hit my desired velocity or hit the point of "diminishing returns", i.e. where increased reg pressure gives less velocity increase than previous increments. Exactly where you draw the line is a bit of a gray zone, largely depending on if you're happy with your velocities and air wastage levels (draw the line at lower speeds to minimize air wastage). Something along those lines. I don't have a fully set system as I've only done it a few times.

Basically I have two regulators for my Leshiy 2 (well, two rear ends), the "modest power" reg+jets for long-life back-yard pesting in .22, and the "high power" reg+jets for the .30 cal or heavy .22 slugs, etc.

If it feels like I'm wasting air, I'd pick bigger jets. But by and large I haven't deviated far from Edgun's recommendations -- it's been over a year since I last touched my jets so I forget which ones I have in the gun.
I wish I could own two of these lol that would be nice. Maybe one day!

I had reached out to Brian at Edgun West and he said to use .5/.7 jets.

What should I expect from that setup? Higher FPE, more shots, less shots?

I wish I could own two of these lol that would be nice. Maybe one day!

I had reached out to Brian at Edgun West and he said to use .5/.7 jets.

What should I expect from that setup? Higher FPE, more shots, less shots?

That will use more air than the double 1.2 setup (for the same projectile weight and speed). If you have the dogbone and collar installed, it probably won't be a tonne more air than the double 1.2 setup. It doesn't hurt to start with something like that. I think most of the .22's ship out of EGW with something like a .5+.7 setup. My .22 was similar to that, originally.

That will use more air than the double 1.2 setup (for the same projectile weight and speed). If you have the dogbone and collar installed, it probably won't be a tonne more air than the double 1.2 setup. It doesn't hurt to start with something like that. I think most of the .22's ship out of EGW with something like a .5+.7 setup. My .22 was similar to that, originally.
Sorry but whats the dogbone and collar?

I figured factory jets is what I needed to start out with I just couldnt find those specs. And googling “edgun jet chart” no longer brings it up. Not sure where it was archived for referencing

Sorry but whats the dogbone and collar?

I figured factory jets is what I needed to start out with I just couldnt find those specs. And googling “edgun jet chart” no longer brings it up. Not sure where it was archived for referencing

They are parts 32 and 33 on this page: https://www.edgun.shop/collections/...forward-plug-lsa242200?variant=39652659986466

They're also available on sites like Thingiverse (just search for "Leshiy"), if you can 3d print them.

These were included in .22-calibre Leshiy 2's after about the first year of production. They were only included in low-power guns, i.e. I think they were mostly intended for the UK market. They mostly just help you optimize air usage when firing relatively light pellets and small calibres. If you are the original owner of your Leshiy 2 and you purchased it in .22 in the past year, you likely already have these.

To update, I messaged Brian to ask his advice about making the action quieter in my 25cal. He said to try 2 .7 jets and do the rest with the reg.
If my thinking is correct, factory keys are .4 or .5 in the 25cal, so wouldn’t going with a .7 mean I need higher reg pressure for the same velocity, and if noise is pressure related, that would mean it would be louder? No matter how much I research this system, it’s still complicated to me.

To update, I messaged Brian to ask his advice about making the action quieter in my 25cal. He said to try 2 .7 jets and do the rest with the reg.
If my thinking is correct, factory keys are .4 or .5 in the 25cal, so wouldn’t going with a .7 mean I need higher reg pressure for the same velocity, and if noise is pressure related, that would mean it would be louder? No matter how much I research this system, it’s still complicated to me.

I could see where a short blast of higher pressure air would mean less air escaping from the magazine area.

I assume there is a brief moment when the puck has a tight seal to the back of the magazine plate while the pellet is still between the magazine and the breech. However brief that moment, that is the time that the action is closest to being sealed against air escape.

The sooner that valve shuts the less air there should be escaping from the action once the puck recedes and the pellet is fully into the barrel.

Disclaimer. I have zero experience with tuning the L2. Curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: madeintheuk
They are parts 32 and 33 on this page: https://www.edgun.shop/collections/...forward-plug-lsa242200?variant=39652659986466

They're also available on sites like Thingiverse (just search for "Leshiy"), if you can 3d print them.

These were included in .22-calibre Leshiy 2's after about the first year of production. They were only included in low-power guns, i.e. I think they were mostly intended for the UK market. They mostly just help you optimize air usage when firing relatively light pellets and small calibres. If you are the original owner of your Leshiy 2 and you purchased it in .22 in the past year, you likely already have these.

Aww I see. Thank you for that. I do not have these then. So I guess Ill try the 1.2 first and see what results I get. Jets arrive today in the mail

It could mean quieter, it all depends on the balance of how long your valve is open vs. the pressure.

If your valve is open for a shorter amount of time, that gives more time for the air pressure to diminish in the barrel (as the pellet leaves and the air expands), i.e. larger jets + higher pressure could result in a quieter gun, provided you don't increase the pressure too much. The noise made at the barrel largely depends on how much pressure there is behind the pellet as it leaves the barrel. So the idea is to diminish this, and concentrate the pressure + acceleration as the pellet is departing the magazine area, similarly you would have less acceleration towards the end of the barrel.

I do think it will result in a louder action (i.e. the semi-automatic magazine cycler gizmo). So if you are shooting suppressed I don't think it will help much at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: madeintheuk
Does anyone have any experience with the Huma in-line regulator for the first generation L2? How's the refresh rate comparing to the original? Hoping to address the creep issues with the original reg without having to upgrade to REPR.
What type of creep are you getting? In the L2 creep would show as a faster first shot due to the hammerless system compared with a slower valve locked first shot on a standard hammer based system.

I tried the Huma inline reg a few years back and was not impressed with the refresh rate. I found it to be noticeably slower that the EdGun reg.