EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Getting a slug to fit available magazines means the slug will not optimally fit the barrel.

For example, most of my builds built on rimfire barrels shoot best with a .220+ slug. A .217 slug will work but is not the most accurate. If I were to force a .220+ slug through an available mag, it would size it down. To around .216 , which is not ideal.

It seems they made the mags to fit commonly available slugs and not the barrel.

Dave

I imagine it's much like Ed said in one of his previous posts. Until there's standards in slug sizes, you can't really manufacture things to fit a standard. So you get a bit of a hodge-podge of things that work but are maybe not optimal.

If slugs start to standardize, maybe you'll see individual slug barrels as well, or perhaps they'll standardize to fit the pellet barrels -- which would hopefully be everyone's preference.

Reactions: allinssd
I imagine it's much like Ed said in one of his previous posts. Until there's standards in slug sizes, you can't really manufacture things to fit a standard. So you get a bit of a hodge-podge of things that work but are maybe not optimal.

If slugs start to standardize, maybe you'll see individual slug barrels as well, or perhaps they'll standardize to fit the pellet barrels -- which would hopefully be everyone's preference.
Makes sense. I do think it is a bit strange that 1 out of the 2 slugs types sold on the european edgun webshop happen to not fit the mag very well. I haven't tried out out the knockOuts slugs yet since they don't sell them in .30 currenty, but the Zan's don't feel right.

NSA makes the L2 slugs .219 for the 22cal. .254 in .25 cal. .303 for the thirty. These are the ideal size for the L2 barrels from what I understand. NSA has obviously been dealing with the mag confusion and are attempting to clear things up. I will post the link rather than paraphrase.

Uhm, how to say it politely to people that "want to shoot slugs in semi auto mode from the Mag" and why is not working ????
YOU are missing a lot !!! Dimensionally not matching. Why? Because cannot ...
Way too long writing for a learning curve, get back to your high-school Tech class first.
Since I brought up the subject, I suppose you are saying I need to get back to my high school tech class?

Dave

Since I brought up the subject, I suppose you are saying I need to get back to my high school tech class?

Dave
No Dave, please don't take the offence.
First and foremost...the barrel choses the projectile that will POI the most precise.
And that projectile may not fit the Mag the best. Dimensionaly your Slug can fit either the barrel or the Mag, you may try to make a compromise but may end up loosing one or the other.
You line up 10 people from this same sub-forum and may not find 2 with a same setup ??
So how would you make a generic projectile to suit all the folks?
If you have already your own slugs, you can test it to yourself. Remove the Mag, move the barrel back to the puck and single load. I guaranty you will be amazed how it hits the POA - or not.
So you need to make a call, what you need more...accuracy/precision @ POI - or no tinkering loading the Mag.

Maybe you missed my point.

Why use a slug barrel meant for 22rimfire to build a gun then only offer airgun dimension mags.

I understand completely what’s going on here as pointed out in my initial post on the subject.

I’m not griping or complaining, just simply stating some facts about the dimensions.

The l2 is my favorite platform but it’s not without flaws.

How about look at it from the other direction….consider it a pellet only gun….arguably the twist is too fast and the bore is too loose for common pellets.

Dave

So the thing that I love about the L2 is that it fits into a normal backpack! But also the problem is that I run out of air SO FAST. What buddy bottle tanks/sizes have y'all found to be the best fit so that I can carry more air with me in a backpack along with the L2?
i use a 18 cu. ft, "guppy" for portable air, there are some that are smaller, but then you don't get many refills.

A couple months ago I bought the Behemoth for my L2, but due to weather and time I didn’t shoot it till today. Damn it is loud now! Why would putting the moderator specifically designed to make it as quiet as possible made it extremely loud? As part of the install of the Behemoth I did put a longer locking pin on which required degassing and taking the valve assembly off. I didn’t mess with the regulator at all, but is it possible that in the disassembly I did that the reg changed and is now letting too much air through? I don’t have a regulator gauge but the pellet velocities are still reasonable, just under 900. I have never done any tuning on this gun, and didn’t chrony it till today. This is the gun that I just pulled out of the box and it shot well so I left it alone except for the Behemoth.

A couple months ago I bought the Behemoth for my L2, but due to weather and time I didn’t shoot it till today. Damn it is loud now! Why would putting the moderator specifically designed to make it as quiet as possible made it extremely loud? As part of the install of the Behemoth I did put a longer locking pin on which required degassing and taking the valve assembly off. I didn’t mess with the regulator at all, but is it possible that in the disassembly I did that the reg changed and is now letting too much air through? I don’t have a regulator gauge but the pellet velocities are still reasonable, just under 900. I have never done any tuning on this gun, and didn’t chrony it till today. This is the gun that I just pulled out of the box and it shot well so I left it alone except for the Behemoth.

Air could be coming out somewhere other than the barrel -- perhaps you did not install your puck, or you forgot to put the backing plate on your magazine? Either would result in a lot of noise and air loss.

Thank you. I just checked both of those things and they were not the problem.

If I understand, this is the first time you fired the Behemoth, i.e. you haven't experienced any other noise levels with it previously?

I don't know anything about its internals, but perhaps something basic is wrong: forgot to install the baffles, or they're installed backwards, etc.

I recommend ordering an extra gauge so you can see your reg pressure. Doesn't have to be one of the fancy digital ones. A standard analog one will suffice. It's nice to able to read the numbers right away. As for the loudness, I think delooper mentioned the common issues. I have a bohemoth with only 3 chambers and it's still quieter than the stock suppressor.

I doubt degassing it could've affected the reg though. I degas mine regularly for maintainance and my reg pressure has always remained consistent. Both with the original EAR and the Huma Raptor.

If I understand, this is the first time you fired the Behemoth, i.e. you haven't experienced any other noise levels with it previously?

I don't know anything about its internals, but perhaps something basic is wrong: forgot to install the baffles, or they're installed backwards, etc.
That is correct today is the first time firing with the Behemoth. I do think it is installed correctly, but I will double check everything.

I recommend ordering an extra gauge so you can see your reg pressure. Doesn't have to be one of the fancy digital ones. A standard analog one will suffice. It's nice to able to read the numbers right away. As for the loudness, I think delooper mentioned the common issues. I have a bohemoth with only 3 chambers and it's still quieter than the stock suppressor.

I doubt degassing it could've affected the reg though. I degas mine regularly for maintainance and my reg pressure has always remained consistent. Both with the original EAR and the Huma Raptor.
I will get a gauge. I have second Leshiy 2 same caliber. I am going to switch the whole rear assembly from it to this one and see if there is any difference. That should confirm or eliminate the problem being the reg.

Reactions: SlimPlinkins