EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Thanks for your input. While I will mostly be doing back yard plinking,I am currently using an AEA HP MAX+ SS 30 CAL(which I am selling to buy the Leshy 2.0 30 cal) and my neighbors do not complain.
I want 30 caliber to also use as home protection and when I am out an about in my motorhome
I would highly recommend a 357mag and/or a 12 gauge for personal protection. I would not want to rely on an air rifle for personal protection.

Reactions: SHOMER
I would highly recommend a 357mag and/or a 12 gauge for personal protection. I would not want to rely on an air rifle for personal protection.
This.

I love my airguns, but I'd take a tire iron or a baseball bat over my L2 for home defense or travel trailer defense. Neither are what I havs for that application, but point stands.

Reactions: SHOMER
Is anyone aware of anyone selling baffle inserts, for the stock 350mm shroud in the UK??

The Silent Thunder Ordnance ones look great, but they dont ship outside of the US :(

I think there are a few up on thingiverse.com. You could send one of them to a local 3d printing service, if you don't have a printer. There's a load of them on-line, even in the UK. No idea if there's any company selling finished products in the UK, though.

Local 3D printing service, is that a thing in Canada?
Pretty sure it's a thing in the UK, too. Even in small towns you can find hobbyists with 3d printers willing to print things for a fee.

I did a Google search "3d printing service UK" and found loads of places.

edit: If you look around a little further you'll likely find people who would design custom parts for you, then give you the data file to print. That would be more expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrSeagram
Tinkering what I shall - or can - change in my L2 setup to be able effectively shoot Action games. I am right handed + right eye dominant, but the L2 opens to the left. How to make mag reloading fastest possible? With my left hand I feel doing it so - weird?

If you're standing and have a strap attached to the mount point on the stock, you just unlock the rifle with the barrel pointed upwards and it folds. Easy swap. I think there's a video of the Edgun Spain owner (Francisco) doing this quick open and close technique. That's what I do when I'm pesting.

Shooting from a bench you have all the time in the world, so I don't expect it to be fast.

When pesting I'm almost always in the dark. Swapping the magazine in complete darkness takes some practice. But I'm getting better at finding the right hole. . . Just takes practice, as my first girlfriend used to say.

Last edited:
Tinkering what I shall - or can - change in my L2 setup to be able effectively shoot Action games. I am right handed + right eye dominant, but the L2 opens to the left. How to make mag reloading fastest possible? With my left hand I feel doing it so - weird?
I have pondered this myself. I’m in the same boat as you and find it awkward to reload. My leshiy inspired build (my avatar) opens opposite and seems more natural to load. It’s single shot so it gets opened quite a bit.

By all counts, the leshiy seems to be made for a lefty. Early single action pistols also appear to as well.

Dave

If you're standing and have a strap attached to the mount point on the stock, you just unlock the rifle with the barrel pointed upwards and it folds. Easy swap. ... Just takes practice, as my first girlfriend used to say.
Not really limiting my note to a poster but to all.
You guys missing the rules applied to most (North American) gun clubs and shooting ranges. Please don't mix when you alone somewhere deep in a bush where you really can do whateverF you want. In a "controlled environment" transferring a gun from position to a position is allowed only with a muzzle pointing UP holding a gun by a "barrel". How da hell to reload the mag facing down unless replacing the entire mag? Me in example I have the metal bearing on the indexing mechanisam, to remove the mag need a third hand (my fingernail actually) ... for this same reason when I am shooting off the bench I don't replace the mag but load the mag directly - one by one.

I have the 14x50 immersive on my Leshiy 2 and on a Wildcat bottle. I won’t go back to regular scopes for hunting. Love the field of view like looking through binoculars. Some people say they can’t get used to the close eye relief or contact with the scope. But I see it as the same as using binoculars. It is another point of contact on your brow bone that helps with holding the gun steady. The huge field of view helps in following moving prey through trees, and I prefer a heavier second focal plane reticle for hunting in dark tree canopy. Plus these scopes have illumination with a push of a button. They do look unconventional compared to regular scopes. Hawke scopes has a mini prism scope too. I would like to try one of those on one of my conventional looking rifles.

Reactions: Redtick12
I have the 14x50 immersive on my Leshiy 2 and on a Wildcat bottle. I won’t go back to regular scopes for hunting. Love the field of view like looking through binoculars. Some people say they can’t get used to the close eye relief or contact with the scope. But I see it as the same as using binoculars. It is another point of contact on your brow bone that helps with holding the gun steady. The huge field of view helps in following moving prey through trees, and I prefer a heavier second focal plane reticle for hunting in dark tree canopy. Plus these scopes have illumination with a push of a button. They do look unconventional compared to regular scopes. Hawke scopes has a mini prism scope too. I would like to try one of those on one of my conventional looking rifles.

That's a good point about using contact with the scope as another "bracing point" for the rifle. We're perhaps so used to rifles with recoil we've conditioned ourselves out of the idea of using the eyesocket as a bracing point.

Not really limiting my note to a poster but to all.
You guys missing the rules applied to most (North American) gun clubs and shooting ranges. Please don't mix when you alone somewhere deep in a bush where you really can do whateverF you want. In a "controlled environment" transferring a gun from position to a position is allowed only with a muzzle pointing UP holding a gun by a "barrel". How da hell to reload the mag facing down unless replacing the entire mag? Me in example I have the metal bearing on the indexing mechanisam, to remove the mag need a third hand (my fingernail actually) ... for this same reason when I am shooting off the bench I don't replace the mag but load the mag directly - one by one.

I only do the fancy quick-load techniques when I'm hunting and unencumbered by the rules of civilization. When I go to the range, I mostly just keep the rifle planted on a table and take my time reloading.

Reactions: SHOMER and bigHUN
That's a good point about using contact with the scope as another "bracing point" for the rifle. We're perhaps so used to rifles with recoil we've conditioned ourselves out of the idea of using the eyesocket as a bracing point.

As long as there are rifles with recoil out there, it's a bad habit to learn.

I have the immersive on my L2 and I also have the MTC SWAT prismatic on my Brocock. I prefer the MTC a little, but love them both. The downfall to the MTC’s is they are lower magnification for same size scope. I love the huge field of view and I also really like placing the scope against my brow. It eliminates the moving your head back and forth trying to find where the field of view is right. By far my favorite scopes.