• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

When the index wheel is undersized the indexing accuracy may suffer by any rotating drag, be it friction in the rotating part or small particles located on either side of the index wheel - I know I posted this before but why not take that possibility out of the equation..

View attachment 301089
I have the 6x2 steel bearing installed somewhere back in Apr-May and for sure over 2-3 K shots worked fine.
Earlier in spring I wanted to shoot .22 MRD's and had lot of fliers because of a blow by, also the indexing was shaving the heavy pellets=stuck. Asked Brian for advise and the answer was to install the 0.7 jets. In meantime I abandoned the MRD's so no repeating problems until recently. the Baracuda 21's are again on heavier side...That was fine until I had to raise the Reg, once reached 140b the indexing started shaving the pellet = stuck... I need to open the action and close almost for each shot.
I think the indexing may be still correct for lighter pellets, but the heavier 21gr or 25gr "full body" pellets didn't had enough time to sqeeze through the mag hole and this is why shaving off the skirt or stuck completely the mag?

Last edited:
New gun, less than 100 shots, sometimes it will not index after the shot or move past the next round

I own 3 L2's in two calibers and have never experienced any fail to index beside one mechanical defect of the plunger in the radio tower, and that stopped the indexing for good - and never had to touch the overrun adjusting screw

It's quite amazing how well the indexing is designed and work down from reg setting 60 bar to way up high, and ad to that the variation in inertia from different pellet weight over calibers

Random under and over indexing of mag should not happen (with same ammo size and weight) on a new gun, I would contact the seller

... It's quite amazing how well the indexing is designed...
I opened yesterday the forward plug, changed the jets back to 2x0.6 until I figure out. Once in parts I removed the #19 indexing barrel and there is a visible wear on it. Ok, several tausand shots is banging that small plastic piece, I can accept the wear, but also, whenever the pellet stuck the mag and need to open the action to release the mag and jumps = that indicates to me a huge stress on that little part.
Last night I sent a Support request to EW, and will also need to order that #19.

I removed the #19 indexing barrel and there is a visible wear on it.

After 20.000 shot I also see a bit of wear on the resetting side of the teeth but nothing to worry about, should be good for the next 50.000 shot at least

My first born left, newest at the right, only shot 1 tin

L2 20000 vs 400 shot.JPG

Reactions: madeintheuk
Mind you measuring what height is your trigger travel adjustment screw from the bottom black face?

No problemo

0.50mm (extra back stock, new edition)
0.45mm - .177/350mm
0.40mm - .22/350mm
0.90mm - .177/250mm (was, now adjusted down to 0.5)

the wear is inside between #17 and #19 exactly on the edge of contact is rounded already.

OK, haven't looked at those part lately

0.50mm (extra back stock, new edition)
0.45mm - .177/350mm
0.40mm - .22/350mm
0.90mm - .177/250mm (was, now adjusted down to 0.5)
Thanks, I never altered the trigger long arm screw always adjusted that one below the pin, but since I have some wear in areas I could not control or maintain (as how it is designed in that R2D2 tower) whenever the trigger stopped I just adjusted that M4 (I guess, or maybe is it M5?)

"It will solve all known issues of the factory model regulator"

What known issues are there with the factory EAR reg?

I got an email from edgun west about this thing. It's funny that there are no specific issues are mentioned on the website or in his video... Why do we need this thing? :)

Anyone who’s owned a leshiy 2 repr for any length of time knows the issues with the repr regs. I’ve been lucky enough not to have them on mine, but I’m also seldom touching it. Esteem blown out orings and deformed plastic balls in the reg, there have been many people disappointed in its design from the start. Like everything else, there is growing pains, but when a company like HUMA gets involved, that has the r&d already setup for regulators, and have much more experience in that area, you know the product you are getting is going to be top notch.
that being said, I don’t like the adjustment style. after watching Brian’s video, and seeing him use an adjustable wrench to adjust the reg, I can see a lot of people damaging the anodizing on the tube when adjusting. Hopefully edgun or huma comes out with a tool to do this properly.

Reactions: ram2jeep
Anyone who’s owned a leshiy 2 repr for any length of time knows the issues with the repr regs. I’ve been lucky enough not to have them on mine, but I’m also seldom touching it. Esteem blown out orings and deformed plastic balls in the reg, there have been many people disappointed in its design from the start. Like everything else, there is growing pains, but when a company like HUMA gets involved, that has the r&d already setup for regulators, and have much more experience in that area, you know the product you are getting is going to be top notch.
that being said, I don’t like the adjustment style. after watching Brian’s video, and seeing him use an adjustable wrench to adjust the reg, I can see a lot of people damaging the anodizing on the tube when adjusting. Hopefully edgun or huma comes out with a tool to do this properly.

(y)

I guess I've been lucky with mine too... It's only popped one o-ring in the nearly one year I've had it. Admittedly, it hasn't seen heavy use (less than 1k pellets) and I dont fuss with it much either..

None.

I had picked up the Huma for the original non-REPR reg and the refresh rate was terrible compared with the EdGun reg.

Anyone who’s owned a leshiy 2 repr for any length of time knows the issues with the repr regs. I’ve been lucky enough not to have them on mine, but I’m also seldom touching it. Esteem blown out orings and deformed plastic balls in the reg

If the reg valve fail to seal the o-ring will blow - I went through 3 o-rings before I finally found the problem, a small piece of aluminum embedded in the delrin part under the ball
Bad design?, surely something gotta give if the valve fail to seal, and there is a filter on the inlet side so should not happen unless in this case some grit was left from production

L2 REPR fail 3.JPG
Leshiy 2, reg fail.JPG

I don’t like the adjustment style. after watching Brian’s video, and seeing him use an adjustable wrench to adjust the reg, I can see a lot of people damaging the anodizing on the tube when adjusting. Hopefully edgun or huma comes out with a tool to do this properly.

Yes that was hard to watch, I designed and use a tool with a center point that indexes in center of reg so no risk of scratches, free to download and 3D print

L2 reg adj. tool 5.JPG

Leshiy 2 – 3D print

I believe most REPR failures were user induced by backing the regulator adjustment to far out. I made the mistake but was lucky enough to be able to reassemble it without the trouble some others have had. I've shot well through 3K+ rounds on my REPR reg at carying settings from 40 bar all the way up to ~180 bar without issue. I find the refresh rate solid to support multiple shots in a row - but clearly giving each shot a 2-3 second settle period results in more constant fps. I've shot through mags with es under 3-4 fps.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
Most of us new users we popped that oring in a very first five minutes, and we learned the lesson.
Also I had a dirt chunk travelled to Reg piston with an air from who knows where, scratched both the piston and the outer adapter, I polished out the scratches on both sides (and ordered new parts later when became available, these still in the bag).
So What? I have well over 5K shots on it like that so far.

piston seized.JPG

bushing seized.JPG

What worries me the plastic parts started wearing out inside the R2D2.

I’ve had a Leshiy 2 since the first US run over two years ago. I’ve had to replace the two plastic parts one time. The spring is a concern too - It fatigued a bit after a year and needed to be shimmed with a washer to maintain semi function. More recently Semi function starting acting weird and I discovered a piece from the end of the spring had snapped off.

I recommend when ordering any spares to get 2 or 3 so you have them on hand.

Reactions: bigHUN