EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Thanks delooper

The last good performance I had with lighter pellets 16gr, but once I jumped to heavier pellet 25gr I got lost.

This is the original Reg and don't know gen1 maybe. I hear that the REPR need way higher Reg pressures because of a smaller bellewille washer size, and that was the main reason I didn't bought it earlier. But now just happened that I lost my time and a track about what all changes I made, so finally my grumpy temper kicked in and just ordered that REPR, expecting to arrive end of this week.

L2 speeds.1651035738.JPG

I have noticed also that the JSB 26 gr JRDM's spiralling at 920 fps, some ppl were telling me that could be an indication that a speed is way to low in relation to a rifling twist rate (500mm barrel is a 450mm twist rate=17.7").

Spiralling usualy develops when the speed is to high for the pellet ( for .22 pellets usualy 290ms is maximum speed pellets to still hold there stability)

Or when te the gun is blowing to much air when the pellet is leaving the barrel .

It pushes the pellet in to instability, same as a fx impact when a shot begins to bark when you turn up the hamer spring pressure you should use a little higher reg pressure so that the valve timing/airpuls is shorter .

This spiraling/ pellet instability with a airpuls that is to long can be adjusted by a shorter one, it needs bigger jets in combination with a higher pressure If the speed needs to be the same .

The longer barrel should give an instand speed increase. And can cope with a longe airpulse.(smaler jets)

My leshey 2 gen 1 .22 is set for 16 gn jsb 278 ms with 2x 0.8 jets and aprox 106 bar and shoots great and has a low air consumption 100 shots on a 350cc tank 

Currently running Leshiy 2 with EAR and original forward plug, 350mm .22 LW barrel. Jets 2x 1.2mm. JSB Monster Redesigned 25.39gr @ 900 fps. Reg is set at 175bar.

First Q: what is a difference between EAR or REPR (sorry I don't know, I am just getting the REPR in the mail these days)

Q#2: Im my mind the 175 bars on the Reg is so scary high??? I had a .22 500mm barrel for a couple days at 85bars 920 fps. Where am I disconnected

Currently running Leshiy 2 with EAR and original forward plug, 350mm .22 LW barrel. Jets 2x 1.2mm. JSB Monster Redesigned 25.39gr @ 900 fps. Reg is set at 175bar.

First Q: what is a difference between EAR or REPR (sorry I don't know, I am just getting the REPR in the mail these days)

Q#2: Im my mind the 175 bars on the Reg is so scary high??? I had a .22 500mm barrel for a couple days at 85bars 920 fps. Where am I disconnected

I think EAR stands for Externally Adjustable Regulator. So I think it's the same thing as the REPR. I think I used to know what the acronym R.E.P.R. stands for, but I've forgotten. The E stands for External, and one of the R's is Regulator. The other P or R must stand for a synonym for transverse. Who knows. 

Not that I know of. Tunes will depend on your calibre, barrel length and projectile choice. So that would be a really large spreadsheet for one person to assemble. 

My strategy for finding a tune goes like this. 1) Pick a jet size. 2) install the EAR/REPR, 3) fill with air, 4) test fire, adjusting the EAR/REPR until you get something optimal, i.e. not too far along the law of diminishing returns. If that is too powerful or too loud, redo everything with slightly bigger jets. If that is too weak, redo everything with smaller jets. So far I haven't experienced any of the grouping problems mentioned in this thread. 

Once I've found the right regulator setting I usually set a traditional regulator to that pressure, and remove the EAR/REPR.

This is reasonably quick and effective. I have two traditional regulators on hand, one for the 0.22, and another for the .30 cal barrel.

So far I've primarily been using the 0.22, and 350mm barrel. Double 1.2mm jets work just fine. 

I re-crown the .22 x500mm polly barrel, also increased the speed to 960.

The spiralling is gone, but @ 50 meters the 8-mag group is about 1". Every second or third mag group has average 2-3 flyers. Not really happy with rings but shooting silhouettes may be acceptable.

The .22 MRD's are washed and lubed, but no other sorting at all. I shall maybe go through the entire sorting process- weight selection + head size + rolling...too much work for a 2-3 flyers?

My spreadsheet so far, probably useless for most people buried deep into tuning but maybe a ballpark for starters.

Leshiy2 - tuning screenshot.1652159215.JPG

Q:

Did any of you figure out what is happening with a valve if you combine two different jets?

For example I have currently 2x 0.4 and I want to add just a hair of speed with existing Reg, shall I go 0.3 and 0.4 or a single of 0.7 ??

@ Bighun

I've had better luck with the Leshiy 2 WITHOUT lubing the pellets. Something about that barrel doesn't like lube. Actually works better after a hundred rounds or so. 

Yes you can mix different size jets. Both jets lead to the same area that needs to be pressurized to close the firing valve. The bigger the jets the faster the valve will CLOSE. 

Reactions: Hoffman9517
I am speculating only, looks like the JSB 25.4 gr MRD's has a variation in head size and roundness.

I don't have a pellet gauge in .22 only in .25, I would buy one for $49 USD but they asking $45 to mail it to Canada and I will not pay that for shipping.

I have seen YT videos people checking the head-size on MRD's and there are inconsistencies, this can be that a polygonal rifling don't like and I cannot tighten the groups.

Otherwise I pushed couple pellets through that 500mm barrel, the skirt seals nice and even, as much I can see with a jewellery lupe.

The tool for the REPR is in the mail from Edgun, when I receive it I can play more with swapping barrels, but for now I need to use what I have available.

What’s the max FPE people are generating via the different calibers? I’d like to order some slugs for my .25 cal and hopefully do some coyote hunting in the near future. Want to bring power to the max to give me best chances at clean kills. I currently am shooting some 34grain FX pellets @ 810fps with reg set to 110bar. So, I feel like I have a fair amount of headroom here. The 25 grain Fx hybrids didn’t seem to do worth a crap, but I’m hoping that’s simply due to them being to small of a diameter. What slugs do people have good luck with and recommend. 

my 450 Shelest……love it

E84AD259-D4D5-49BD-814D-BD0513263639.1652675503.jpeg