EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

That's interesting, since 15g at 920 fps has less energy than 25 gr at 750 fps. That's around a 16% energy increase with the heavier pellet.

I suppose it makes (some) sense the gun would be more energy-efficient with heavier projectiles. The higher the velocity of the pellet, the more friction forces experienced in the barrel. I imagine the pellet shape would have something to do with that, as well. 

Had a chance to shoot another mag of the JSB knockouts MkII .25 with the Leshiy 2 2 300mm barrel had 160 bar. FX chronograph speed 875 fps 47 yard. Switch to a better scope I think I have the magnification at 10 power. First shot when high, pulled one to the right and the other 6 went the same hole.

857B3E88-EC20-4534-BE39-5BB90695FD38.1650830185.jpeg
1B82357E-8D4A-48CB-BC9D-32FA87041470.1650830186.jpeg

I’m curious to see if the accuracy will hold up out to 75-100 yards shooting them at sub 900 fps.

These are the most accurate slugs I have found for the Edgun Leshiy 2, so far. Solid with .15 ballistic coefficient, 50 grain. They are a touch too wide for the metal magazine but do fit the polymer. They are slightly wider than the standard slugs Altaros sells and they made these after a few requests from me.

I am using them with 2 x 3mm jets, ~161 bar and a .25 450mm barrel, with DonnyFl Shogun, for 804 fps and ~16 good shots from the small tank. 

I shoot mostly small game at 50-75 yards.

Note - Altaros made these in .254, this is my caliper measurement for reference.

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 14.50.00.1650837052.jpg

What can make the L2 dropping a speed on a given Reg setting?

I was testing two new barrels these last two weeks, lot of degassing + adding load to a Reg + swapping jets, swapping 350mm and 500mm barrels...and I could not make the new longer .22 barrel group well.

Only today noticed that for whatever reason a shot string of 8 starts whatever fps and ends with much lower speed.

I changed the Reg, and shot a full mag and a speed was gradually dropping

I changed the jets, let say from .5 to .7 and a speed was gradually dropping

I changed the jets, let say from 0.7 to 0.3 and the speed was gradually dropping

These means every time I start with a full tank, and shot a single .22 mag. I have not noticed any hiss that would indicate a possible leak.

These are the most accurate slugs I have found for the Edgun Leshiy 2, so far. Solid with .15 ballistic coefficient, 50 grain. They are a touch too wide for the metal magazine but do fit the polymer. They are slightly wider than the standard slugs Altaros sells and they made these after a few requests from me.

I am using them with 2 x 3mm jets, ~161 bar and a .25 450mm barrel, with DonnyFl Shogun, for 804 fps and ~16 good shots from the small tank. 

I shoot mostly small game at 50-75 yards.

Note - Altaros made these in .254, this is my caliper measurement for reference.

Those look nice. I mailed the company to find out if they have a recommendation for the 0.22 Leshiy 2. 

What can make the L2 dropping a speed on a given Reg setting?

could be your reg suffers from apnoea (absence of breathing for short periods), my REPR do

what happens if you shoot it way down in pressure, will the reg reset like mine do?

left target first shot way up high over normal POI (reg creep) , then lower and lower - after the lowest shot the reg took one big inhale and the group centered

after that, shot 4 mags at the right target no problem

L2 reg fail.1650871453.JPG

Estas são as balas mais precisas que encontrei para o Edgun Leshiy 2, até agora. Sólido com coeficiente balístico de 0,15, 50 grãos. Eles são um pouco largos demais para o carregador de metal, mas se encaixam no polímero. Eles são um pouco mais largos do que os slugs padrão que a Altaros vende e eles os fizeram depois de alguns pedidos meus.

Estou usando-os com jatos 2 x 3mm, ~161 bar e cano .25 450mm, com DonnyFl Shogun, para 804 fps e ~16 bons tiros do tanque pequeno. 

Eu atiro principalmente jogo pequeno em 50-75 jardas.

Nota - Altaros fez estes em .254, esta é a medida do meu paquímetro para referência.

Olá amigo , você poderia me dizer onde posso comprar revistas de lesma de polímero para leshiy 2? desde já, obrigado

Estas são as balas mais precisas que encontrei para o Edgun Leshiy 2, até agora. Sólido com coeficiente balístico de 0,15, 50 grãos. Eles são um pouco largos demais para o carregador de metal, mas se encaixam no polímero. Eles são um pouco mais largos do que os slugs padrão que a Altaros vende e eles os fizeram depois de alguns pedidos meus.

Estou usando-os com jatos 2 x 3mm, ~161 bar e cano .25 450mm, com DonnyFl Shogun, para 804 fps e ~16 bons tiros do tanque pequeno. 

Eu atiro principalmente jogo pequeno em 50-75 jardas.

Nota - Altaros fez estes em .254, esta é a medida do meu paquímetro para referência.

Olá amigo , você poderia me dizer onde posso comprar revistas de lesma de polímero para leshiy 2? desde já, obrigado

I got mine from Edgun West, they came free with the L2. I bought 2 more individual magazines for $90 USD; they were both metal and noticeably heavier in my hand.

Just my opinion, but I really don’t think we should be shooting out of polymer magazines. With the L2 shooting out of the magazine the magazine is subject to the high pressure of the shot cycle and I just don’t think polymer magazine is up to that task. Again my opinion.

If he received the magazine from Edgun West with his Leshiy2 I would guess it would have to be up to task of handling the high pressures. I don’t think Brian or Ed would take on that liability.

I think the point some people are making is that in the Leshiy 2 the magazine is a stressed element, i.e. it may experience 160 bar of momentary pressure, while the Matador and Lelya, the most pressure they'll experience is if you accidentally drop them on the ground. 

Similarly the lower part of the Leshiy 2, it isn't an integral part of the pressure mechanism. It functions as a housing. 

@delooper you are correct. However I would be leery of using even the metal magazine if fell more than a foot or two on to concrete for example. Micro stress fracture could occur which then could become a big issue at the 160 bar pressure, plus denting etc and they are almost a $100 each to replace so care is always needed when handling the magazines. 

Consider not only the mag material and what stresses the polymer shall survive successfully, but because the L2 mag is a shot through, hypothetically there is a gap to the next material and the projectile must jump that gap. A micron misalignment is possible and likely there in between these two holes, and yes the lead is soft, but still hits - either with a nose or with a tail - both the exit and the entrance edges. And that jump creates an addon stress to the - lets say 160 bar pressure inside the hole. The .22 hole wall is thicker but some people shooting .30 cal and that thin wall is really vulnerable.

Decided to get myself the REPR it is in the mail as we speak. I have the jets kit already.

Leshiy2 350mm .22 cal, bare barrel no any attachments.

I want to shoot the JSB JMRD 25.4gr at 950 fps. Target rings only and not hunting or backyard plinking.

I have learned with my FX Impact two scenarios giving close to a same or similar performance. Higher Reg and shorter dwell time - or - Lower Reg and longer dwell time.

With Leshiy2 I didn't got to this level of learning curve yet, so my question is to gurus:

What Reg pressure and which jets for precision performance?

I would imagine you want something like 200 bar and 1.2mm jets. That would be about my starting guesstimate, provided you're aiming for lower air consumption. Increase pressure or decrease jet size, as appropriate. 

Recently I'm using lighter pellets than you, and have my L2 set at 110 bar and 1.2mm jets. I think I'm getting around 900fps. But it's been a while since I've measured.