EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

If you're planning to add another jet, remember you also need a spring & pin.

I want to swap to the 350mm barrel but can’t find a power jet valve in stock. If I was to continue using one jet only, what’s the ideal size for a .25/350mm barrel?

In terms of area, the closest configuration to the (0.4,0.4) suggestion from the above chart would either be a single 0.5 jet, or a single 0.6 jet. So if you want something with a little *more* dwell time (more air expenditure), go with a 0.6 jet, and a little less dwell time (less air expenditure), go with a 0.5 jet.

The 0.5 single-jet configuration has 20% less area than the (0.4,0.4)-jet configuration. The 0.6 single-jet configuration has 12% more area than the (0.4,0.4)-jet configuration. So 0.6 is the closest to spec.

But the ideal configuration really depends on your regulator pressure and exactly what projectile you use.

Freakin awesome, thank you! Will order both and give it a shot

I'll be curious to hear how things work out as when I was messing around with tunes I found that two nozzles with x total area acted differently that a blocked nozzle and one nozzle that was the same X area as the two. For me the single nozzle always ended up with a shorter dwell and a more powerful shot than expected. 

I don't mean in any way that a single nozzle is bad, just it performed differently than expected. I'm no expect in fluid flow and my understanding is up around 3000psi or so air acts more like a fluid than a gas in term of flow - happy to be completely wrong here as well. 

-----------

On another note my .357 barrel from Russia finally arrived after 4 months.

Setup as a 450mm single shot.

L2357 - 1.1649097918.jpeg

Damn - that's a big hole.

L2357 - 2.1649097924.jpeg

L2357 - 1 1.1649099240.jpeg

L2357 - 2 1.1649099241.jpeg

Only problem is there doesn't appear to be much of a lead in to the rifling so my NSA .357 slugs don't fit at all. I honestly wasn't expecting much and for $100 I won't be broken hearted if it doesn't pan out.

I'll be curious to hear how things work out as when I was messing around with tunes I found that two nozzles with x total area acted differently that a blocked nozzle and one nozzle that was the same X area as the two. For me the single nozzle always ended up with a shorter dwell and a more powerful shot than expected. 

Something like that is probably true. It'd be nice to get a quantitative sense for exactly how one nozzle with area X relates to two nozzles with areas Y_1 and Y_2. The relationship won't be one with X has the same affect as two with combined area Y_1+Y_2 = X.

This must have something to do with the spring forces, i.e. having two springs vs. just one. It shouldn't be ?too hard? to figure out what the relationship should be, in principle. Needs a little thought. 

A more mundane issue is that the jets might be mis-labelled. I've been meaning to measure the size of the openings on my jets, to compare with the labels. 

Does anyone know if you can shoot with the original regulator tester and thus increasing the plenum volume and increase the length of pull?

You can, but you likely won't want to. The reg tester does not allow for rapid air flow, as it has a teensy tube constricting air flow. 

You could just install the bigger plenum. If EGW does not have it, the Spanish site will have it. 

Here it is on the Spanish site. They have 3 different plenum sizes. 

https://www.edgunleshiy.shop/collections/plenums-leshiy-2/products/plenum?variant=36618294395030

130mm is the stock one on the US models. 110mm is the stock one on the low-powered UK models. I suspect the 150mm one is only really useful if you're shooting a large-calibre projectile at high pressure with a long barrel. 

Just curious now that the L2 has the REPR are you guys still playing with the nozzle sizes anymore? I know stock is double 4, but just curious if playing with a nozzle / REPR combo can get better spreads and deviations.

You'll want to switch the nozzles when you change the barrel. But if you aren't changing your barrel or projectile weight by much, you probably don't need to touch the nozzles unless you like experimenting endlessly.