• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Hi everyone. Had an L2 for a month and now trying Altaros .25 Smooth slugs, 49.5 grain. They hit hard!

They also fall through the magazine.

Right now, I use a speedloader and hold the slugs in the mag with my finger until I attach to the L2. Does anyone have a different solution for dealing with slugs that aren't wide enough for the mag?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Had an L2 for a month and now trying Altaros .25 Smooth slugs, 49.5 grain. They hit hard!

Right now, I use a speedloader and hold the slugs in the mag with my finger until I attach to the L2. Does anyone have a different solution for dealing with slugs that aren't wide enough for the mag?

Thanks!

i don't know if you can get them or where. depending on how loose they are, i might try nail polish inside the holes.

https://youtu.be/GKkzElonsiA

Thanks!

i don't know if you can get them or where. depending on how loose they are, i might try nail polish inside the holes.

https://youtu.be/GKkzElonsiA

They are not available yet. Ed says that they are making the slug magazines. He did not provide a time of availability.

325C4E84-1CB3-4EBF-BBE9-771FF3278C62.1647407495.jpeg

As mentioned, probably the best solution is to keep the magazine on the gun, and load with the magazine on the gun, i.e. never remove it. 

Another solution is to devise a system to **slightly** deform your slugs just enough so that they stay in the magazine. You'll want it to be a pretty consistent method to get reliable performance out of your slugs. Basically you'd want something like a 3d print that fits your slugs pretty snugly, and leaves just a tiny bit of the skirt protruding out the top. You'd use something -- probably another 3d print -- to squish that side down a bit, so that the "skirt" of the slug deforms out slightly. This is probably more effort than it's worth. 

Don't forget the L2 mag is a shoot through mag ;)

I don't know how people manage to keep the slugs snug in the mag but when you shoot it through a tight tolerance hole - there is some results developing over time...the stress on the mag axle, the opposite side of the hole edge is sitting on barrel face/edge ... and things you imagine yourself.

As mentioned, probably the best solution is to keep the magazine on the gun, and load with the magazine on the gun, i.e. never remove it. 

Another solution is to devise a system to **slightly** deform your slugs just enough so that they stay in the magazine. You'll want it to be a pretty consistent method to get reliable performance out of your slugs. Basically you'd want something like a 3d print that fits your slugs pretty snugly, and leaves just a tiny bit of the skirt protruding out the top. You'd use something -- probably another 3d print -- to squish that side down a bit, so that the "skirt" of the slug deforms out slightly. This is probably more effort than it's worth. 

You definitely do not want to deform the base of your slug or pellet. A lot of research done in the powder burner world proved that the most important part of shooting cast bullets is to have as perfect a base you can have. You can deform the point and still get good accuracy but the slightest damage or imperfection to the base effects accuracy. 

I have been shooting slugs, .30, but was advised to get the .3033 slug versus the .30. When I tried the .30 slugs, with loading on the rifle, the first slug would slide about half way through the magazine. The .3033 slugs are a tight fit but zero issue with slugs sliding through. I went with the AVS slug’s as he offers them in different size’s. 
https://avsslugs.com/

Definitely no plans to deform the slugs, given the high BC is why I'm using the Altaros 49.5 gr. 

I was hunting with them this weekend and the penetration on pigeons was unlike anything I'd seen, even with a .30 cal FX Impact. However, I did notice that there is a ~25fps range between shots which influences the point of impact even at 50 yards - 160 bar, 700-725fps, 49.5gr. 

It seems like the slugs slipping down the barrel does alter the velocity when it occurs. 

I wish there was something I could put in the mag slots to hold the slugs a little.

Definitely no plans to deform the slugs, given the high BC is why I'm using the Altaros 49.5 gr. 

I was hunting with them this weekend and the penetration on pigeons was unlike anything I'd seen, even with a .30 cal FX Impact. However, I did notice that there is a ~25fps range between shots which influences the point of impact even at 50 yards - 160 bar, 700-725fps, 49.5gr. 

It seems like the slugs slipping down the barrel does alter the velocity when it occurs. 

I wish there was something I could put in the mag slots to hold the slugs a little.

You'll have to either find slightly bigger slugs or wait until the slightly tighter-fitting slug mags are produced.

The variation in fps is likely due to the non-tight fit. With tighter slug mags you'll have less randomness in the amount of air that gets past your slug as it's pushed into the barrel. 

Hopefully the slug mags are produced somewhere like Estonia, or they may be effectively embargoed.

791CDF8E-5E6A-4A25-9022-518671FED9F0.1647963132.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

new to the fold got mine yesterday .30 350mm barrel Valkyrie silencer and carbon guard on order and thinking of which bipod to use on both guns? I have never seen so much protective gunk on a new rifle i know its there for a reason and it cleaned up well, Cleaned the barrel and set it up over the chrony today 875FPS & 77FTlbs that will do me, I kinda bought it as a mooch around gun to hunt on the move as i have the Vulcan 3 for static long range shots in .22 they are both IMO in a league of there own, i,m thinking about sights for the L2 anyone use red dots ? I’m thinking these are more for big game where i,m only onto rabbits and rats around here as i,m in spain i haave lots of my own land to wonder over and its full or rabbits or though i,m knocking the population down sumwhat,

Geeze how much have i spent on this hobby had to buy the Hill compressor too…….

Why is it soo hard then to design your own? It could be fun and educational in a same way.

Just saying....

Many times people have a hard time to imagine the amount of effort invested into R&D, so here is your turn.

I agree, you can make your own copy for private use but don't share with anyone, the design belongs to Edgun

"all your bases are belong to us"

Leshiy 2 mag model.1647962902.JPG