• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Stoutblock I believe the STO shroud insert has an option for a 3d printed piece that covers that area. I would reach out to @Larcat or STO if it's not listed on that link.

Also another AGN poster suggested in another thread that a blow back shroud was the ideal way to quiet the L2. I don't believe it was in the other thread I linked. It wasn't @Jack.k but might be worth asking him if his allows the L2 to fold completely. 

Stoutblock I believe the STO shroud insert has an option for a 3d printed piece that covers that area. I would reach out to @Larcat or STO if it's not listed on that link.

Also another AGN poster suggested in another thread that a blow back shroud was the ideal way to quiet the L2. I don't believe it was in the other thread I linked. It wasn't @Jack.k but might be worth asking him if his allows the L2 to fold completely.

Scotty,

The blowback shroud that I made for the Leshiy 2 is designed to go inside the CF handguard so will not interfere with your Leshiy 2 to be able to fold as long as you are able to fold the Leshiy 2 with CF handguard installed. 
05F2E5A8-82C4-4710-9D3D-0D1597F5B12E.1644529854.jpeg
5DA83132-E630-4316-87D0-187ECBEA9E35.1644529855.jpeg
ABDA8840-FF56-4E66-8042-3016F813A0C5.1644529855.jpeg
C2AEA059-F74E-4498-9729-A65B3464EA8C.1644529855.jpeg

The FX shroud fits the L2 14mm barrel whatever length that would be...at the time of the picture I had a 350mm barrel and only last week I got my new 500mm barrel mounted.

Lot of internal volume available and you shall be able to get these now pretty inexpensive since a plenty of FX users purchased the new barrel tuner kits which comes with a new shroud.

20211013_121714.1644534019.jpg

Definitely a barrel problem. Changed back and forth between the two barrels 5 times. LW works and cycles perfectly, Alfa will not.

According to some reports on the L2 Facebook groups I’m not the only one experiencing this problem with these new barrels.

still the original walther barrel should protrude a tiny bit to keep the mag clear of the frame and if your new barrel protrude too much it may lock up the mag/mag plate against the valve housing - can you rotate the mag manually without feeling any friction ? (you may have to de activate the index wheel to feel that)

here's how it should look, you should easily be able to slide a piece of copy paper in on both side of the mag

leshiy 2 berrel tolerance.1644351653.JPG

BTW, here's and easy way to test if you original barrel is flush or not, open the breech, insert the mag and press it against the barrel and frame, if you can make it wobble sideways it's because it rests against the barrel, not the frame

How does one “deactivate the index wheel”?

I have an issue on my Leshiy 2 that I thought might just be a side effect of the hammerless design, but now am wondering if there is something possibly out of adjustment. If I slowly squeeze the trigger air will start to hiss out before the shot. Anyone else experience this? Is it a problem or just the way the gun is? If it is a problem is there an easy fix/adjustment I can make?

I have an issue on my Leshiy 2 that I thought might just be a side effect of the hammerless design, but now am wondering if there is something possibly out of adjustment. If I slowly squeeze the trigger air will start to hiss out before the shot. Anyone else experience this? Is it a problem or just the way the gun is? If it is a problem is there an easy fix/adjustment I can make?

That is normal if you’re not using the correct trigger pull technique.

Skip to 19:00 in this video: https://youtu.be/eW3sOszwRZM

Skip to 13:30 in this video: https://youtu.be/sRgNzoJcetY

As others have said, it's normal on this gun to a degree. I found that adjusting the stopper pin helped mine with this, but did not eliminate it completely -- if I load up it will do it, but not nearly to the degree that it did out of the box before I adjusted the stopper.

That is normal if you’re not using the correct trigger pull technique.

Skip to 19:00 in this video: 

https://youtu.be/eW3sOszwRZM

Skip to 13:30 in this video: 

https://youtu.be/sRgNzoJcetY

Also, see this video: https://youtu.be/2Uxt8zdRWMM

Ah, thank you l will try that. Would I be right to assume I should adjust the pin in ( as opposed to out) a little?

The pin doesn't move -- there's a grub screw that acts as a stop. You'll likely want to adjust it out. I backed mine out till it didn't function and then went in a quarter or half turn and that was perfect for mine. Edging west had a video about it but mine came WAY out of proper adjustment compared to what the video says. 

I had twins. I first got the standard L2 with a 350mm barrel and it was a lot of fun to shoot. Then I started thinking about how good a gun it would be for open/iron sights. Though they don’t offer the precision I enjoy the challenge of iron sights and they are a lot of fun for quick target plinking. I didn’t have any airguns with iron sights. Also I have a friend/coworker who brought his son over the other day and his son had a blast shooting the Leshiy (he had not shot guns really at all before) and the son asked if he could come back and do it again. Of course I said for sure and now we are getting together regularly to shoot. I figured that the next step for my friends son should be to learn to shoot iron sights. So that was good justification for me to buy what already wanted anyway. Extra bonus, the iron sights keep light and even more compact. 
303ECB0C-F530-4BCC-9828-97AF03F90D90.1644941500.jpeg

Haven't shot it yet. Just got it yesterday. Maybe I will want to further forward, but just looking through the sights last night it seemed fine to me. If I do move it forward the sight radius goes down a bit. The scope on the other gun is a very short eye relief. I literally touch the inside corner of my eyebrow to the scope body. 

Ok so I have gone through one tin. This is a great rifle and seems near perfect out of the box for my application.

These are my novice conclusions on noise vs accuracy vs handling vs storage of the Leshiy 2 in .30 cal. Please realize noise conclusions are totally subjective as I was too lazy to bring out my DB meter plus it was raining. Also, accuracy is subjective as I only have two criteria, short range (under 20 yards) standing with no magnification and long range (over 20 yards), leaning against a tree with magnification. If I can hit a grapefruit at either range, I am fine. I didn’t measure speeds or energy either. If the target is moving after one shot…well that is failure. Sorry if this summary is not up to the thread’s excellent standards. Maybe this Spring I will get more scientific.

My rifle came with the regulator set at 120 BAR. I did turn it up a bit but this resulted in more noise. The .30 cal pellets seem to have some serious punch even at 120 BAR, and the gun functioned perfectly, so I just left returned it to where it was out of the box for now.

Here are the setups I tried.

1. 250 barrel, stock 250 shroud, stock insert,
  2. 250 barrel, stock 250 shroud, STO short insert, 6 MOA 1x red dot reflex
  3. 250 barrel, stock 350 shroud, 2 x stock inserts, 6 MOA 1x red dot reflex
  4. 250 barrel, stock 350 shroud, STO long insert, 6 MOA 1x red dot reflex
  5. 250 barrel, DonnyFL 350 shroud, Ronan, 6 MOA 1x red dot reflex
  6. 250 barrel, Ronan, 6 MOA 1x red dot reflex
  7. 350 barrel, stock 350 shroud, STO short insert,
  8. 350 barrel, Ronan, 4 x crosshair scope
    [/LIST=1]

First conclusion. Adding a STO short insert in place of the stock insert on either a 250 or 350 rifle is well worth it. It simply makes them noticeably quieter. The 250 especially benefits as the stock setup is not neighbor friendly. Yes, it is quieter than no moderator but it still has a serious bark especially in my .30 cal. With the STO short I would not hesitate to plink with a 250 in my back yard. At worse the neighbors may wonder what I’m using my nail gun for.

Second conclusion. All of these setups had acceptable performance for my application. 150 rounds is certainly not a stress test but good enough for this summary. If there is an accuracy or energy difference other than the barrel change it gave me no notice. I have no concerns with the ability of this rifle in any of these setups.

Third conclusion. I greatly value the ability of the Leshiy 2 to be stored folded in a very small bag. I use a lap top case. Although not as important as reliability, accuracy and noise, but it is probably one of the main reasons I chose this rifle over others for my first PCP (also semi-auto). Because of this importance to me, my rifle will typically be folded, with the stock 250 shroud, STO short insert and reflex sight. This is to be at the ready for quick response to throw a few rounds at pests near my home.

Fourth conclusion. If the neighbors complain about the noise from the 250 setup, I’ll store the gun with the 250 barrel but without any shroud and quickly spin on the Ronan directly to the end of the barrel when using the rifle. Yes the rifle is not quite as compact to operate, and you need an extended lock pen to lock it folded with the Ronan is mounted (like when re-loading). Not a bad compromise and pretty darn quiet.

Fifth conclusion. If I plan on shooting several short range rounds, and noise is important, I’ll take the time to mount the stock 350 shroud with the STO long insert. This requires the 250 barrel. This setup takes a little more space to store but I do like the feel of the rifle with the stock shrouds.

Sixth conclusion. If I need longer range accuracy, I assume I am in an area where noise is not that important. The 350 barrel, stock 350 shroud and STO short insert would be my preference. It probably just me but I like the way the gun handles with this setup and it is a bit shorter as compared to the DonnyFL kit.

Seventh conclusion. If shooting long range and/or low noise is very important, the 350 barrel with DonnyFL shroud and Ronin moderator is the way to go. None of these other setups are as quiet as the DonnyFL kit installed on the rifle. To store you can still easily remove the Ronin and its as small as the stock 350. Again, you will need an extended lock pen to lock folded.

1. This is my experience as well. I've got a .25 250 and I've got a short STO in the stock shroud and also a long shroud/long insert available. The short shroud/short insert gets me exactly where I wanted to be with this gun.

I already posted this on another thread, so if you already saw this I apologize, but I was pretty happy with these results so wanted to share and maybe I am bragging a little. 😁

So I got to sight in and shoot my Leshiy with the open sights today. After getting it sighted in I shot this 5 shot group from 30 yards. I took time on the first shot then shot the other 4 with maybe 1/2 second between them. I know there are a lot of people that could do better, but that’s pretty good shooting for me. 
B315EE0A-F26C-4072-A0F0-559E64963723.1645312157.jpeg