EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

What’s everyone using for scope rings? I find myself shooting with the buttstock pretty high in my shoulder to get a decent cheek weld. I’m using the athlon helos 2-12x42 with utg medium rings currently.

because the stock is only ~3/4" below the rail, i am using a 1.93" high one piece mount, for a 1-10x lpvo.

i had a typical 1.5" high mount at first, and it was usable but not ideal for stand up 1x both eyes open type shooting.

this may have little relevance to what most folks are running...and i swap optics based on what i am doing,

Any links or info on the mount you were using? Thanks!

Anyone have any qualms about leaving the fill probe in the gun, and just using a magnetic cap like off an impact to keep dust out? Just to help with misplacement of the probe. I have so many probes, and I always lose them. I have the huma probe for my leshiy, and it seems to be a decently tight fit, and would probably take a large bump or fall for it to come out. 

What’s everyone using for scope rings? I find myself shooting with the buttstock pretty high in my shoulder to get a decent cheek weld. I’m using the athlon helos 2-12x42 with utg medium rings currently.

because the stock is only ~3/4" below the rail, i am using a 1.93" high one piece mount, for a 1-10x lpvo.

i had a typical 1.5" high mount at first, and it was usable but not ideal for stand up 1x both eyes open type shooting.

this may have little relevance to what most folks are running...and i swap optics based on what i am doing,

Any links or info on the mount you were using? Thanks!

i am using a redonkulously expensive scalarworks mount. there are less expensive options.

https://scalarworks.com/shop/quick-detach-mounts/leap-07/

shortytCapture.1634004455.JPG

For anyone having indexing issues....

My magazine stopped rotating fully or at all. I found and watched Ed's video on the 8 probable reasons and sure enough I found both Springs (numbers 3 & 4 on exploded diagram) within the Auto Indexing housing were compressed and well short of the tolerances specified. I stretched these back to within tolerance as a temporary solution and the gun is indexing perfectly again. Gun has only fired approx 1000 shots so not sure why these springs aren't staying with tolerance. Both were over 1-2mm short.

Ed's video of 8 probable causes here: https://youtu.be/ck5yDG4f9Vc  time stamp 8:20s onwards.

Exploded diagram: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0317/5956/4935/products/edgun_spare_parts_L2_forward_plug_000_1.01_5000x.jpg?v=1628265329

Anyone else disappointed that the hornet mod doesnt come with a thicker washer or something that will help the gun latch? Because of the hornet mod, the gun no longer locks into place when folded.

When I got mine with the valkrye kit same deal didn't quite latch. I got the latching pin out and gave it a couple strokes on that face with a flat file that fixed it.

Did you watch the same video that I put a link to above ???? It's very much addressed in that video... issue 7 of 8. 

Yes stretching the Springs 3 & 4 (see exploded diagram) back to within tolerance dimensions solved my issue. What I'm more interested to know is why has this happened ? The gun is 3 months old and has only shot approx 1000 .22 pellets. This is the later "new forward plug" combined with the new "EAR / REPR". I have only been testing the rifle so far with reg pressures from 60-145 bar.

Am I going to have to replace these 2x springs every 3 months ????

Kiteboardkid, I had the same problem with indexing after only 300 shots. Received my L2 .22cal, in February.

I dissected the problem to be the #3 spring. It was not returning the vertical piston, (part #17), strong enough to completely cycle the magazine. I simply put a 1/16th thick washer behind spring #3. That gave the existing spring more thrust when returning the piston to it's rested position, allowing the mag to completely rotate as it should. I made sure that the ID of my washer was large enough to allow the piston to still travel to it's full height.

I haven't had any more cycling issues in over 2500 rounds. Now I'm just hoping that the plastic piston wont break, like some others have posted. But I hope that if, and when it does, they are readily available as spare parts, as I believe this is a potential failure point in the original L2, and sounds like it still could be in the newest version.

I'm not bashing this gun, as I love it!! Just thought I should share my experience.

Hope this helps others keep this fantastic semiauto up and running.

Scott

I haven't had any more cycling issues in over 2500 rounds. Now I'm just hoping that the plastic piston wont break, like some others have posted. But I hope that if, and when it does, they are readily available as spare parts, as I believe this is a potential failure point in the original L2, and sounds like it still could be in the newest version.

Don't panic if the top of the plastic piston fails, I had that happen, fixed it by adding a shim of rubber, so now the fully compressed spring against the rubber shim takes the blow at the end stroke instead of top of piston - gone through 15 tins of monster red. since without any indexing problem whatsoever

The shim is made of semi-soft rubber OD 8 mm x 3 mm

Leshiy 2 - fixer upper new.1634150356.JPG

Don't panic if the top of the plastic piston fails, I had that happen, fixed it by adding a shim of rubber, so now the fully compressed spring against the rubber shim takes the blow at the end stroke instead of top of piston - gone through 15 tins of monster red. since without any indexing problem whatsoever

The shim is made of semi-soft rubber OD 8 mm x 3 mm

Leshiy 2 - fixer upper new.1634150356.JPG

Just made a 1.5mm thick washer 8mm diameter from brass and seems ok, a few miss indexes but only at lower reg pressures, I also note the puck size makes a difference as well when using reg at lower settings 60-80bar, using the smaller puck 3mm hole works much better. At 135bar it works faultlessly. What reg pressure and puck sizes do you use Scott and Towle? I like the idea of using a rubber washer though, I might experiment with that too.

I am using new forward plug so using the recommended 2x 1.2 jets along with new EAR/REPR (.22 350mm barrel).

Thanks

How do you like that grip?

On Impact I tried several grips, firs I had a Penguin and first look it felt kind a short so I got the Emperor (plus some other brand/models as well), but when I had something directly to compare at the BR table the Penguin got back to the Impact and the Emperor was just tossing around in the drawers...for L2 really doesn't matter, for shooting offhand still I would add a slight maybe 5 degree backward angle, 10 degree too much.