EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

L2 reg. new.1633459954.JPG

So I’ve recieved my leshiy 2, and though I’m very impressed with its build quality, and al together awesomeness, I was suprised by some “quality control” issues I had with it. First, one of the mags is machined wrong, and won’t fit .22 pellets. It’s not small enough to be a .177, it just seems to be off on size. Second, the probe which was sent doesn’t work with the foster adapter and delrin seal that was sent with it. Luckily I had a huma probe from my leshiy classic that worked on it, or I’d be up shchitts creek. 
I emailed Brian on both of these issues, and he was quick to respond, and willing to remedy both issues. All in all, I’m happy with the gun, but with my first post here about the latch being sticky, and the sticky crap all over the barrel and moderator from shipping, I’m just suprised this stuff slips through the quality control. Spending $2300 on a gun is no small chunk for a guy working a normal job, and getting a gun shipped to me like this is upsetting to say the least. 
Now some of you may see this as nitpicking, and for the most part, you are right. As I said, Brian remedied both issues for me through email, and I’m grateful for his prompt responses, but I felt like if I posted here with my issues, those who have had similar issues, or may be looking to buy one soon, will see this as informative, and what to expect when theirs comes in. 

p.s…..I’m not writing this to bad mouth Brian OR Ed. The gun is a engineering marvel, and BEYOND fun to shoot (and I’ve only shot one mag theough it in scopes. Lol). 

So I’ve recieved my leshiy 2, and though I’m very impressed with its build quality, and al together awesomeness, I was suprised by some “quality control” issues I had with it. First, one of the mags is machined wrong, and won’t fit .22 pellets. It’s not small enough to be a .177, it just seems to be off on size. Second, the probe which was sent doesn’t work with the foster adapter and delrin seal that was sent with it. Luckily I had a huma probe from my leshiy classic that worked on it, or I’d be up shchitts creek. 
I emailed Brian on both of these issues, and he was quick to respond, and willing to remedy both issues. All in all, I’m happy with the gun, but with my first post here about the latch being sticky, and the sticky crap all over the barrel and moderator from shipping, I’m just suprised this stuff slips through the quality control. Spending $2300 on a gun is no small chunk for a guy working a normal job, and getting a gun shipped to me like this is upsetting to say the least. 
Now some of you may see this as nitpicking, and for the most part, you are right. As I said, Brian remedied both issues for me through email, and I’m grateful for his prompt responses, but I felt like if I posted here with my issues, those who have had similar issues, or may be looking to buy one soon, will see this as informative, and what to expect when theirs comes in. 

p.s…..I’m not writing this to bad mouth Brian OR Ed. The gun is a engineering marvel, and BEYOND fun to shoot (and I’ve only shot one mag theough it in scopes. Lol).

Could you meassure the chambers in the magazine, I wonder if they are 5.0 instead of 5.5. In this case someobody at my workshop will be taken off the money from the salary The second -- the derlin is not for the probe, that must be the separate seal for the regulator, as far as I remember, but I have to ask at my packing departent. 

Could you meassure the chambers in the magazine, I wonder if they are 5.0 instead of 5.5. In this case someobody at my workshop will be taken off the money from the salary The second -- the derlin is not for the probe, that must be the separate seal for the regulator, as far as I remember, but I have to ask at my packing departent.

Ty for the response Ed. As I said before, these were both remedied by Brian, and he was supremely prompt in getting back to me. It’s nice to know the ACTUAL manufacturer is concerned about my issues, but in no way will this stop me from enjoying my EDgun products, or buying again in the future. 
the delrin seal I believe was put in by Brian for the foster adapter he includes with the probe. He explained sometimes an oring needs to be added in order for it to seal properly. I’ll be trying this tonight. As for the magazine, I didn’t even think .20 was available. Lol. It’s very possible this is what I have, but Brian said he’s already exchanging it for me. 

Thanks for posting this. I received my Leshiy about 6 weeks ago and it came sticky and gummed up. Was a bit disappointed myself at the time but it cleaned up in about 20 minutes. OMG what a nice piece of equipment! I am in the same boat as far as not being a rich guy and work hard for every penny. I saved for 7 months to buy this and still haven't shot it. Had to buy a tank, scope and pellets/slugs. My tank should be here tomorrow. I am going insane waiting to shoot this thing! I thought I would sound like a complainer or something if I said anything about the problems but you are right about the quality control issues. I received the 2 mags that come with it and 1 was scraped up like it was used. Figure a black sharpie will fix it, but $2400 is a chunk to me and it really shouldnt have came in like this. No big deal, I am still buying more parts for this. Waiting on the REPR plenum to be in stock and give Brian more of my money! lol

Anyway, really informative post. Good to know that they all come in like that and I didnt get a dirty used gun.

This above makes me a bit uneasy about warranty. If the L2 breaks, where do we send it for repairs? Warranty or not warranty? Brian?

I don’t think anybody here has had problems with warrantee on the leshiy. All that I was stating, was there were some “quality control issues” upon taking delivery of the rifle. All issues were promptly taken care of by the correct parties, and I know that I’ll be taking care of if there are any warranty issues moving forward from Brian. 

My post was not about poop talking the manufacturers or the dealers, just merely stating observations and how I was taken care of. Mostly to help those who are on the fence about buying one, or have one and have had the same issues as I.

...........makes me a bit uneasy about warranty. If .......... breaks, where do we send it for repairs? Warranty or not warranty? ...............

I received my Impact MK2 PP about year and a half ago. Yes there were minor issues here and there but most some $2-3 worth of orings, and some other user involved errors.

I never sent it back to a dealer and I won't let anybody else to mess with it other than me ;) .

Same with a Leshiy2.

It is my and my only.

I will brake it and I will fix it, and this is a best learning curve - to brake it again and fix it again :)

Have you ever played with LEGO?

Anyone trying nsa slugs in their .22? Not to sound “cheap”, but for slug shooting, the nsa’s are the most economical of the slug manufacturers, but that’s worth nothing if they don’t shoot out of our guns. I bought the .22 with the intention of having a tune for short distance pesting, and one for shooting slugs at longer distances. The .22 has more options for slugs, so I was hoping to start trying some of those. Nsa is first on the list (people have already tried avs with good results it seems), and then maybe zan and varmint knocker, along with some offerings from javelin maybe. 
many help would be appreciated. 

p.s….I apologize if this has already been covered, I don’t have the attention span to read theough this entire thread. Lol. 

I don't think this has been covered in the thread, but like always, I may be wrong again :)

I need to point out one thing to L2 wanabe slugshooters ;)

do you have a caliper? a digital would be better.

grab you mag and measure the pellet/slug entrance hole ID - and the exit hole ID (the other side of the mag).

- if the two ID's matching, you can be a happy slugs shooter.

- if the "front" hole is smaller = choke...but this doesn't mean that is a taper like this / \ ...it could be that the hole inside is a slice of a sphere like this ( ) . You understand these mags were made on CNC, could be any of the two scenarios it is a single setup.

From here going on...

some slugs like choked barrels, but my best understanding is not many slugs you will find from the list of totals.

and we have a "choked" mag + maybe a choked barrel as well. Ideal for pellets, but for slugs in your interest = ?????

I don't think this has been covered in the thread, but like always, I may be wrong again :)

I need to point out one thing to L2 wanabe slugshooters ;)

do you have a caliper? a digital would be better.

grab you mag and measure the pellet/slug entrance hole ID - and the exit hole ID (the other side of the mag).

- if the two ID's matching, you can be a happy slugs shooter.

- if the "front" hole is smaller = choke...but this doesn't mean that is a taper like this / \ ...it could be that the hole inside is a slice of a sphere like this ( ) . You understand these mags were made on CNC, could be any of the two scenarios it is a single setup.

From here going on...

some slugs like choked barrels, but my best understanding is not many slugs you will find from the list of totals.

and we have a "choked" mag + maybe a choked barrel as well. Ideal for pellets, but for slugs in your interest = ?????

Attila, as we discussed in PMs a little while ago, my mags all have different entry and exit sizes, which explains why the pellets (I haven’t shot slugs out of it yet) fit in one end and don’t fall out the front/exit side (they will fall out the entrance/back side if the magnet isn’t on). I would really like to know if, as you stated, it is a slice of a sphere or a taper. I am absolutely no expert on CNC machines, but it seems to me that a taper would be a much easier machining process than the spherical slice, especially if it was bored from one end through to the other.

Chris

I also don’t see a problem shooting slugs based on people having great success shooting slugs from choked barrels including myself. The alpha barrels that come on these guns are unchoked. I believe the twist rate on the .22 is 1:19, so it’s on par with an fx slug A liner. I’m hoping all the data I found is correct, because if it is, this thing will do decent with slugs. I’m just hoping to find someone who can tell me a weight and size to start with on nsa, so I’m not wasting too much money testing slugs. Lol

....I am absolutely no expert on CNC machines, but it seems to me that ....

I was in CNC programming high tech for many years and my background was ME, now latest some 10 + years I am in NPD, and all these experiences puts me in a perspective.

Cutting/machining a taper or a sphere inside those holes is really no difference in "cutting time", but anyway,

I was just speculating only with a shape inside hole really doesn't matter to me. I have instruments (microscopes and any kind of unusual things) I can eventually measure but no need. Bottom line is that there is some sort of "choke" design into those holes, and this may influence how the air will push the slug over the edge into the chamber (in contrast to average airguns where some sort of pin or tube is trasfering the projectile). For pellets we know that the skirt is the game changer.

Thanks for attention. I am not planning to shoot slugs out from L2 anyway, not for now at least. My Impact is a right tool for that.

Edit:

Forgot to mention the wear factor. Pushing a solid (yes a lead is relatively soft material, but again vs a pellet skirt only) through the edge of a "choke"...these mags are probably aluminum+painted really cool read, but not steel as the ordinary barrels.

Just tinkering, I have no intention scaring of newcomers to a game.

...........makes me a bit uneasy about warranty. If .......... breaks, where do we send it for repairs? Warranty or not warranty? ...............

I received my Impact MK2 PP about year and a half ago. Yes there were minor issues here and there but most some $2-3 worth of orings, and some other user involved errors.

I never sent it back to a dealer and I won't let anybody else to mess with it other than me ;) .

Same with a Leshiy2.

It is my and my only.

I will brake it and I will fix it, and this is a best learning curve - to brake it again and fix it again :)

Have you ever played with LEGO?

I have played with lego. That is all I did when I was a kid. Having said that, I will not try to repair it. I am just not very good at wrenching on mechanical things. But if nobody else has issues that sounds great. I have none so far with mine. I wish I could shoot it a bit more often.

Has anyone heard how soon the REPR regulators will begin to ship for us first gen guys? I apologize if I have missed it.

Do you mean how soon it can be shipped after you buy it?

Ed, are you able to give us US first generation Leshiy 2 owners an estimate time when you will be able to ship the REPR regulators we have on order? 

What’s everyone using for scope rings? I find myself shooting with the buttstock pretty high in my shoulder to get a decent cheek weld. I’m using the athlon helos 2-12x42 with utg medium rings currently.

because the stock is only ~3/4" below the rail, i am using a 1.93" high one piece mount, for a 1-10x lpvo.

i had a typical 1.5" high mount at first, and it was usable but not ideal for stand up 1x both eyes open type shooting.

this may have little relevance to what most folks are running...and i swap optics based on what i am doing,

I’m having some decent accuracy sizing to .252” as it’s as big as I can fit in the magazine. I have been contemplating opening up one of my mags to .254 but at 90$ a pop I really don’t want to mess with it. Also I measured the twist to be 1:18 . I’ve shot weights between 38 and 54 grain. The lighter seem to shoot better but to be fair I have not changed any of the settings since tuning for the 34 grain JSB pellets. 

I had to modify this post, madeintheuk was right . The Alpha Precision barrel is not choked , contrary to what is on their site. Again Ed specs these barrels out , he must have had shooting slugs in mind. No wonder they shoot so well.