• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

its basically finished now and I don't see any possibility for further improvement.

as this is 3d printed and 3d printers quality vary a lot between each other I will release a full tutorial by the end of this week on how to print it (orientation, infill, support.. etc) 

and how to install it safely incase your printer is not accurate because to increase sound reduction the hole tolerance is very tight (for example for 5.5mm the hole is 6mm).

for reference I'm using a prusa mk3s 3d printer.

my .22 350mm L2 was 36 fpe on standard baffle and now its 34/35 fpe so expect a little power loss for noise reduction.

after 600ish shots the thin top of the baffle cracked so I beefed it up and its all good now. 

also I noticed that the backside of the moderator is venting a good amount air on each shot.

img.1628976053.jpeg

I'm able to test it and shoot it in my 5x4 m room without damaging my ears. my metal trap though is very loud :D

its basically finished now and I don't see any possibility for further improvement.

as this is 3d printed and 3d printers quality vary a lot between each other I will release a full tutorial by the end of this week on how to print it (orientation, infill, support.. etc) 

and how to install it safety incase your printer is not accurate because to increase sound reduction the hole tolerance is very tight (for example for 5.5mm the hole is 6mm).

my .22 350mm L2 was 36 fpe on standard baffle and now its 34/35 fpe so expect a little power loss for noise reduction.

after 600ish shots the thin top of the baffle cracked so I beefed it up and its all good now. 

also I noticed that the backside of the moderator is venting a good amount air on each shot.

img.1628976053.jpeg

I'm able to test it and shoot it in my 5x4 m room without damaging my ears. my metal trap though is very loud :D

thanks again, and i'm looking forward to finding somebody here that will make them, even if i have to buy a printer, lol.

btw, something we have here called "duct seal" that is used to seal the joints in air ducting, is really good a reducing the sound, but it isn't very effective if you hit the same spot over and over.

holyCapture.1628980335.JPG

I had planned on making an arrow barrel if Ed hadn’t brought one out. Man that thing sounds loud. I hope the FPS is fast enough the Deer can’t jump the arrow. I witnessed African antelope jumping an arrow at 25 yards repeatedly years ago and that was with a quiet stick bow. Arrows are just like any other ammo as they come in different weights, lengths and can be tuned with different weight heads so that will be a whole different subject matter on the Leshiy 2. 

and how to install it safely incase your printer is not accurate because to increase sound reduction the hole tolerance is very tight (for example for 5.5mm the hole is 6mm).

img.1628976053.jpeg

Looking forward to you releasing this. Will you be generating stl's for calibers other than 5.5mm? I too will be printing this on a mk3s. It's a super printer and well supported. 

I got my Leshiy2 ten days ago and in meantime lot of accessories also L2 upgrades surfaced, including the externally adjustable regulator as a standard part for L2 from now on. Looks like a bad timing for my purchase or I can still get that part as a late arrival? I'll pay for shipping....

make sure you check for the valve and port, because there are no markings on the box to tell you. i didn't know until i looked.

Looking forward to you releasing this. Will you be generating stl's for calibers other than 5.5mm? I too will be printing this on a mk3s. It's a super printer and well supported.

of course i will release for .22 .25 and .30 (i only tested .22 though).

yeah the printer is amazing but for this specific print.. some post processing is required to ensure the tight tolerances are met because it has to be printed horizontally. which is why I will post a basic tutorial on things to double check... etc

anyways here is the final design.

preferably it should be printed in PETG. PLA suffers from deformation under load based on my experience.

suppressor.1629157838.PNG

will post everything within two days in the weekend.

looks like it covers some of the holes, maybe for efficiency because those would never need that much air in practical applications.

Makes sense. Thanks.

actually, since it is related to the jet sizes, it is probably more related to timing or dwell. the bone looking piece also looks like a flow restrictor.

So has anyone gotten these for their .22 and how or where. Brian doesn’t have them on his web site yet. Or a video on installing them I think. When I got my gun I played with the .22 barrel a while before changing to the .30 which I have been using all summer. Just wonder if anyone has the plugs and can attest to any advantage having them versus without ? I will be changing over to the .22 in November for the PA small game season.