• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

My goal will be to get the jets somewhere in the middle like a total of .8 or .7. Then change the reg with calibers and barrel lengths so all calibers can shoot between 800-850 FPS by making external reg .adjustments. it's a major improvement assuming all works as advertised

Rhinolow, I don’t think it’s going to be that easy. The jets have a big effect on how much air is released and up to now we have been told what reg setting and jet combination gives the best efficiency and FPS on a given caliber and weight projectile. This new externally adjustable reg will give you easy quick up and down adjustments to adjust FPS but it will still be important to have the correct jet or jets for the caliber and barrel length your tuning for. So until Ed’s engineer comes up with an externally adjustable valve we will still have to degas and change the jets. Maybe they will come up with a way to adjust the valve externally but that would be whole different animal. Having a gauge in the port will help you repeat a reg setting that you want to return to when changing caliber and save you the need to shoot and adjust to a desired velocity. So I would want to run a gauge on my reg to save ammo and time.

I hear what you are saying, and I don't think each setting would be optimal under what I described. But with variances in pellet weights and barrel length, I think it will be plausible.

ex. 250mm .22 barrel with 18.1 gr pellet

350mm .25 barrel with 33.95 gr pellet

450mm .30 barrel with 44.75 gr pellet

My understanding is .22 recommended jets are .4 + .5 =.9

.25 is something like .4 +.3 =.7

.30 is .2 + .2 = .4

I'm not an expert, so someone with more knowledge please correct me, but it seems like if you went for something like .7 jets and could adjust the reg you could determine how to get the same fps from all three calibers with different reg settings. It wouldn't be the most efficient at .22 or .30 but it would at .25. Getting similar FPS at all three calibers you would be able to swap out, have the different FPE at the same FPS without degassing and changing the jets. I also wonder if you got the FPS close at each caliber if you would even need to make scope setting changes.

Dwell time in this case is just volume of air correct? So to get the .30 at 850 fps with .7 jets you would need a higher reg setting than if the jets were set at .4, which is less efficient, but I don't think by a lot. I think this would also be counteracted some by getting higher fps for the longer barrel as you go up in caliber.

Then again, I could just be farting in the wind here. I haven't received my .25 350 mm barrel kit yet so I can't test this, but I've done a lot of testing with a lot of jets with my 250mm .22 cal and reg settings. Reg changes make a much larger difference in both fps and air consumption than jet changes. Jets seem like they are fine-tuning for efficiency at a specific caliber.

My L2 in 25 cal came from the Factory with 1 large Jet (unmarked) and a Plug I have since changed to 30 cal and want to purchase the appropriate Jet my question has anyone on here gotten one with a Plug removed the Plug I'm wondering if the Power Jet Valve spring is under that Plug or will I have to purchase that part along with the Power Jets (trying to find out without going through the process of removing the Plug). Also looking for recommendations of what power Jet combo is best and does anyone have any of these parts there looking to sell. Thanks Keith 732-678-6706

j1.1628689660.PNG

My .25 came with two jets -- details somewhere earlier in the thread -- apparently many of the stock jet labels are unreliable.

I'm not sure about the stock jets that others received but the jet set that I got from EDgun West were accurate after measuring them with a pin gauge. The stock jets that came installed in my .25/250mm were accurate but they were not engraved with the numbers. I mentioned this on page 136-137 of this thread. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leshiy-2-2/page/136/

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leshiy-2-2/page/137/

I hear what you are saying, and I don't think each setting would be optimal under what I described. But with variances in pellet weights and barrel length, I think it will be plausible.

.30 is .2 + .2 = .4

@Rhinolow

I thought the same "1+1=2" but Brian at EGW told me it doesn't work like that. I guess it's the new math lol. I really don't know how it works and wish someone could explain it.

.30 is .2 + .2 = .4

@Rhinolow

I thought the same "1+1=2" but Brian at EGW told me it doesn't work like that. I guess it's the new math lol. I really don't know how it works and wish someone could explain it.

Area is squared, so the total increases exponentially with the diameter, not linearly. Think about 2 squares 2 units across. 2*2 + 2*2 = 8 vs a single 3*3 square -- 9.

In addition I'd imagine 1 vs 2 has some other, more static impact.

So I ordered my Leshiy 2 on Tuesday, just got the shipment notification today, will arrive Friday. I am very excited. However, I made a prediction that it would take longer to read this thread then actually receive one in the mail. I'll keep reading and let you know the results of my scientific survey. Thank you for all of the comments and information folks. 

.30 is .2 + .2 = .4

@Rhinolow

Area is squared, so the total increases exponentially with the diameter, not linearly. Think about 2 squares 2 units across. 2*2 + 2*2 = 8 vs a single 3*3 square -- 9.

In addition I'd imagine 1 vs 2 has some other, more static impact.

AMEN! COUGH looking in @edgunwest direction :)

Is it just me or do the nozzles look a whole lot like Mikuni carburetor jets? I’ll more than likely take mine apart shortly and compare to the hundreds of different carburetor jets I have here from my motorcycle tuning days. Thanks if I find out what actually fits I’ll let you’s know. Last time I had the jets out it was for making an adjustable Cobra valve for an Evanix K550. 

The Mikuni main jets have 6mm threads. The Leshiy jets are 4mm so they won't fit. I already tried🙃 They can be 3d printed though if you have a printer.

When i got my leshiy 2 .22 350mm it was way louder than any other airgun i have and i wanted to use it in my backyard without disturbing the neighbors so i modeled and 3d printed a baffle which reduce the sound from 95 db to 75 db. (long range accuracy not tested) 

Up to 50m the accuracy is pretty much the same. 

It significantly quites down the airgun and pretty much the air from cycling the magazine is the one i mainly hear when shooting. 

Im currently working on different iterations in my spare time to maximize soud reduction and until now i managed to reach 71 db. I will do further testing then release an stl file for everyone to print if they are interested. 

IMG_20210812_140817.1628763245.jpg

I’m just about finished putting the L2 together to my liking. Just added a 350cc bottle from Wes @airgunarcheryfun. Adjusted the reg down 15 minutes so I’m assuming it’s at 115 bar from 130 . Now I’m waiting for a new Ergo TDX-0 grip. I was going to go with an added but extension tube but the length of pull is just about perfect. The clearance between the bottle and grip is just shy of being acceptable in stock form with the new swept back grip that comes from Edgun so I figure a straight grip will put me right where I need to be. I’m not a fan of the muzzle brake that came with so next on the list is a tensioned barrel/ shroud. A 30mm x 26mm carbon tube with a threaded barrel nut along with a spacer for the back end will be spun up on the lathe once I get the material in. 

while I had the gun apart I did look at what I had for jets in the valve. This one being a .25 I have two .2 nozzles . I did find some carb jets that do thread into the valve but they are way too large at 1.5 and 1.8 . For now they are going to stay. I slugged my barrel and magazines and I think the new magazines are a tad smaller than the originals ( red ones ) the mags are at .252 and if I size my slugs to that they don’t fall out and require just a bit of a push to get seated. I the barrel itself measures in at .2535 grove and .248 land . I sized my cast 41 grain BBT and at 15 yards they are grouping very well. I’ll do more shooting at farther range to see if they perform. I’m really liking this Edgun. Wish all my rifles were this well built not to mention so easy to disassemble.

When i got my leshiy 2 .22 350mm it was way louder than any other airgun i have and i wanted to use it in my backyard without disturbing the neighbors so i modeled and 3d printed a baffle which reduce the sound from 95 db to 75 db. (long range accuracy not tested) 

Up to 50m the accuracy is pretty much the same. 

It significantly quites down the airgun and pretty much the air from cycling the magazine is the one i mainly hear when shooting. 

Im currently working on different iterations in my spare time to maximize soud reduction and until now i managed to reach 71 db. I will do further testing then release an stl file for everyone to print if they are interested. 

IMG_20210812_140817.1628763245.jpg

Absolutely interested! Thanks!

I’m just about finished putting the L2 together to my liking. Just added a 350cc bottle from Wes @airgunarcheryfun. Adjusted the reg down 15 minutes so I’m assuming it’s at 115 bar from 130 . Now I’m waiting for a new Ergo TDX-0 grip. I was going to go with an added but extension tube but the length of pull is just about perfect. The clearance between the bottle and grip is just shy of being acceptable in stock form with the new swept back grip that comes from Edgun so I figure a straight grip will put me right where I need to be. I’m not a fan of the muzzle brake that came with so next on the list is a tensioned barrel/ shroud. A 30mm x 26mm carbon tube with a threaded barrel nut along with a spacer for the back end will be spun up on the lathe once I get the material in. 

while I had the gun apart I did look at what I had for keys in the valve. This one being a .25 I have two .2 nozzles . I did find some carb jets that do thread into the valve but they are way too large at 1.5 and 1.8 . For now they are going to stay. I slugged my barrel and magazines and I think the new magazines are a tad smaller than the originals ( red ones ) the mags are at .252 and if I size my slugs to that they don’t fall out and require just a bit of a push to get seated. I the barrel itself measures in at .2535 grove and .248 land . I sized my cast 41 grain BBT and at 15 yards they are grouping very well. I’ll do more shooting at farther range to see if they perform. I’m really liking this Edgun. Wish all my rifles were this well built.

Did you fire it at 130 before firing it at 115? I'm taking it to the range for the first time this Sat, and have a hunt scheduled in a week -- it's still louder than I would like with a 350mm shroud on a 250mm barrel and an after market insert -- in fairness I am dry firing though.

Trying to figure out if I want to mess with adjusting the reg or not on Saturday while at the range.

Wish I could shoot in my backyard -- somewhere more rural is probably in our future though, so :)

https://youtu.be/LE_f8Dvwaa0

One key takeaway from this video is that most, if not all, new REPR L2’s will likely need to have the reg adjusted by the end user unless you have the dealer adjust it for you prior to shipping. 
My L2 REPR in 25 cal 250mm config came shooting the 34 grain MK II’s at 650 FPS. I turned it up to 717 with significantly improved accuracy. 

I did shoot it at the factory setting . Wether it was at 130 or not , I can’t confirm as I don’t have a reg tester. I was getting 900 fps at the factory setting and I still have to test the velocity. I’d really like to get 40 shots at 40 FPE from a 250 bar fill . Which should be doable as that’s only .46 ci/Shot. With the reg turned down I can’t really tell if the sound is any less. I’m fairly certain that it was set up for max power and not for efficiency. 

I did shoot it at the factory setting . Wether it was at 130 or not , I can’t confirm as I don’t have a reg tester. I was getting 900 fps at the factory setting and I still have to test the velocity. I’d really like to get 40 shots at 40 FPE from a 250 bar fill . Which should be doable as that’s only .46 ci/Shot. With the reg turned down I can’t really tell if the sound is any less. I’m fairly certain that it was set up for max power and not for efficiency.

Yeah, my plan was to chrony it while getting *basically* zeroed and if I'm over ~860~ or so, turn it down 15 minutes. Right now (dry firing) I get 22 shots to 130 bar from 300. 24 would be nice for 3 full magazines, and I figure turned down to 115, maybe I could get that from 280 bar or something...

No, it was just assembled, no power check. As I told in this vid, most of you play with it, so I consider it worthless to waste time to adjust it to the definite pressure.

I would be interested for sure, nice of you to want to share! - we do have a Leshiy 2 - 3D print tread going so fell free to post the file there when you have finished your design

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/leshiy-2-3d-print/page/3/?view=all 

Thanks Ed. That’s what I figured . Great job on the gun , it’s already my favorite by a long shot. It’s amazing to me that I can get on a forum and have the manufacturer reply directly to one of my posts . I’ve been at the Airgun game for over ten years now , and you are the first not to blow smoke and tell it exactly how it is.

No problem, I am part of you all, so if I have time to answer I do it with pleasure. Nothing has been changed for 20 years since I had started to make the airgun. I am still considering it as a kind of hobby rather than serious busines. Life is just a wonderfull game and I am enjoying playing this game. That is the only way, I think, that can make a man happy in his life, not considering himself and what he is doing to serious. :) Enjoy the guns, they are made for this!

Reactions: Vinjak