• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Just curious does a .2 and a .2 jet seem excessive for .22 cal 350mm? What are suggestions for a bit milder of a tune?

Seems to be wasting air after the pellet has left the barrel.

Wow - that's a hot tune for a .30/450 barrel. Personally I use a 0.3/0.8 combo for my .22/350 barrel. Running the reg at 130 bar gives me ~32fpe and with a Sarissa it's very quiet.

Just curious does a .2 and a .2 jet seem excessive for .22 cal 350mm? What are suggestions for a bit milder of a tune?

Seems to be wasting air after the pellet has left the barrel.

Wow - that's a hot tune for a .30/450 barrel. Personally I use a 0.3/0.8 combo for my .22/350 barrel. Running the reg at 130 bar gives me ~32fpe and with a Sarissa it's very quiet.

Thats how it came haha, hopefully get a set of jets soon then I'll try your setup. Thanks.

So to put it simply, the new external reg is awesome. 
You’ll need a pair of split ring pliers to do this. 
To increase reg pressure, turn black ring clockwise. 
To decrease reg pressure, turn black ring counter-clockwise. 
IF DECREASING PRESSURE, TURN IT SLOWLY BY A FEW MINUTES ON A CLOCK FACE AND DRY FIRE THE GUN 2-4 TIMES, THEN TAKE A VELOCITY READING. DO THIS REPEATEDLY UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR DESIRED VELOCITY.

To safely increase/decrease reg pressure, I turn mine about no more than 5 min on a clock face. The smaller the increments of change, the more precise the fine tuning. 

EE2210E0-7999-4C04-AD3F-4258A22BF7BE.1628699662.jpeg

I personally tuned mine for accuracy. Shot a group, adjusted reg, shot another group, until I reached my desired accuracy. Then I shot it over the chrony to find out velocity. 

So to put it simply, the new external reg is awesome. 
You’ll need a pair of split ring pliers to do this. 
To increase reg pressure, turn black ring clockwise. 
To decrease reg pressure, turn black ring counter-clockwise. 
IF DECREASING PRESSURE, TURN IT SLOWLY BY A FEW MINUTES ON A CLOCK FACE AND DRY FIRE THE GUN 2-4 TIMES, THEN TAKE A VELOCITY READING. DO THIS REPEATEDLY UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR DESIRED VELOCITY.

To safely increase/decrease reg pressure, I turn mine about no more than 5 min on a clock face. The smaller the increments of change, the more precise the fine tuning. 

EE2210E0-7999-4C04-AD3F-4258A22BF7BE.1628699662.jpeg

I personally tuned mine for accuracy. Shot a group, adjusted reg, shot another group, until I reached my desired accuracy. Then I shot it over the chrony to find out velocity.

excellent shots, wasn't there another port on the underside?

The port on the underside is a plug where a pressure gauge can be installed to measure reg pressure. I don’t see the need so I’m leaving it as is. 
3E21322E-7EA0-46D7-B79E-89762EB81831.1628701687.png

The drawing here is upside down to how it actually looks installed. Part #2 is what you turn to adjust pressure.

These will be able to be retrofitted to other L2s correct?

The port on the underside is a plug where a pressure gauge can be installed to measure reg pressure. I don’t see the need so I’m leaving it as is. 
3E21322E-7EA0-46D7-B79E-89762EB81831.1628701687.png

The drawing here is upside down to how it actually looks installed. Part #2 is what you turn to adjust pressure.

These will be able to be retrofitted to other L2s correct?

Correct according to Brian at EdgunWest. I just placed my pre-order with him.

Chris

My L2 in 25 cal came from the Factory with 1 large Jet (unmarked) and a Plug I have since changed to 30 cal and want to purchase the appropriate Jet my question has anyone on here gotten one with a Plug removed the Plug I'm wondering if the Power Jet Valve spring is under that Plug or will I have to purchase that part along with the Power Jets (trying to find out without going through the process of removing the Plug). Also looking for recommendations of what power Jet combo is best and does anyone have any of these parts there looking to sell. Thanks Keith 732-678-6706

j1.1628689660.PNG

.5 jet and a plug at 145bar works great in my 350mm 30cal. I get 830fps with the 50gr JSB and 860fps with the 44gr JSB. Both pellets are 3/4 in groups at 50 yards.

Have you ever taken the Plug out if so was there a Jet Spring Valve under the plug

Seems to me like the main advantage will be for tuning but also switching calibers without having to degasse and change settings. We will have to wait for more info to come out but my understanding is that our current regs go up to 160 and the new one will go up to 280 bar.

My goal will be to get the jets somewhere in the middle like a total of .8 or .7. Then change the reg with calibers and barrel lengths so all calibers can shoot between 800-850 FPS by making external reg .adjustments. it's a major improvement assuming all works as advertised.

You can plink in your back yard with. 22 change to. 30 up the reg and go Boar hunting.

My L2 in 25 cal came from the Factory with 1 large Jet (unmarked) and a Plug I have since changed to 30 cal and want to purchase the appropriate Jet my question has anyone on here gotten one with a Plug removed the Plug I'm wondering if the Power Jet Valve spring is under that Plug or will I have to purchase that part along with the Power Jets (trying to find out without going through the process of removing the Plug). Also looking for recommendations of what power Jet combo is best and does anyone have any of these parts there looking to sell. Thanks Keith 732-678-6706

j1.1628689660.PNG

.5 jet and a plug at 145bar works great in my 350mm 30cal. I get 830fps with the 50gr JSB and 860fps with the 44gr JSB. Both pellets are 3/4 in groups at 50 yards.

Have you ever taken the Plug out if so was there a Jet Spring Valve under the plug

My gun came with 2 Jets installed. I installed the plug without the spring valve as I was instructed by Brian at Edgunwest. My guess is there is no spring valve under your plug. 

I'm telling ya - if Ed finds a way to make that valve externally adjustable then the Leshiy 2 will be the ultimate semi-auto. Externally adjustable reg and dwell for barrel swaps with no disassembly, or even degassing. Take my money - again.

yeah, i think others use hammer adjustments to change dwell, but don't know if one way is better or worse.

I'm telling ya - if Ed finds a way to make that valve externally adjustable then the Leshiy 2 will be the ultimate semi-auto. Externally adjustable reg and dwell for barrel swaps with no disassembly, or even degassing. Take my money - again.

yeah, i think others use hammer adjustments to change dwell, but don't know if one way is better or worse.

I won't say one is better than the other. I think the hammer spring setup can be dialed in a bit more precisely as the L2 valve is basically stepped through the nozzles size rather than infinitely variable. 

The one nice thing about the L2 valve is that you set the dwell once with the nozzles and you are good to go through the reg range. In typical HS setups, if you increase the reg you need proportionately more HS to open the valve. I would say it makes the valve more flexible than the HS solution, but not necessarily better.

My goal will be to get the jets somewhere in the middle like a total of .8 or .7. Then change the reg with calibers and barrel lengths so all calibers can shoot between 800-850 FPS by making external reg .adjustments. it's a major improvement assuming all works as advertised

Rhinolow, I don’t think it’s going to be that easy. The jets have a big effect on how much air is released and up to now we have been told what reg setting and jet combination gives the best efficiency and FPS on a given caliber and weight projectile. This new externally adjustable reg will give you easy quick up and down adjustments to adjust FPS but it will still be important to have the correct jet or jets for the caliber and barrel length your tuning for. So until Ed’s engineer comes up with an externally adjustable valve we will still have to degas and change the jets. Maybe they will come up with a way to adjust the valve externally but that would be whole different animal. Having a gauge in the port will help you repeat a reg setting that you want to return to when changing caliber and save you the need to shoot and adjust to a desired velocity. So I would want to run a gauge on my reg to save ammo and time.