• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Shimming the spring may work as a fix but is not a final solution

Well, my solution to add a washer behind the spring in the R2D2 may not be the final solution to the indexing problem for some, but it's fixed mine for over 3K rounds so far. And now I'm thinking that the extra spring pressure from my washer, may also prevent the R2D2 piston from breaking, by softening the blow.

I meant not a final production solution

Preventing plunger (piston) from headbanging the tower and break - agreed, I was thinking of shortening the plunger so the spring would take the blow but that would allow the plunger to move higher, possibly damage the contact points between plunger (17) and racket (19)

leshiy 2 - piston - racket.1617355308.JPG

...so shimming the spring if shortening the piston might be the right thing to do

or just change the plunger every 3599 shots, its no biggie

Ok towle, true that the washer may not be a production solution, but changing broken parts every 3+4K shots is not really a good production solution either. At least not for a semi auto that goes through thousands of rounds in a very short period of time. Heck, I've shot well over 3K rounds in just six weeks of ownership without even trying. So could mine be getting ready to break too?

I think the solution is using the proper material to withstand the forces of the design. IMO, the piston and maybe the rotary gear...parts 17&19, should be made of something like titanium or some other material that is up to the task. Then provide an upgrade to existing models.

I'm not bashing Edgun here. I love there guns, and I currently own two now. The indexing design is truely genius in my opinion. Just needs some tweaking. JMHO.

My L2 has more than 6500 shots already, I haven't changed the details in the drum translator yet...

Good to hear! - could be yours is different, martin had the exact same failure with the plunger (part 17) as I had and it was made of same black material, rs72's plunger on the other hand was made of white material, its all down this tread at page 90

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leshiy-2-2/page/90/

raxim777, can you please translate what he is saying in this video at 14 mins 7 seconds? It looks like he shows a broken plunger and white plunger.

https://youtu.be/3IybU8N0PJg

A coworker of mine that speaks a little Russian said “It seemed to me he was talking about parts being broken and not working. He was complaining about it being plastic as opposed to metal. And I thought he mentioned fun parts.”

My L2 has more than 6500 shots already, I haven't changed the details in the drum translator yet...

Good to hear! - could be yours is different, martin had the exact same failure with the plunger (part 17) as I had and it was made of same black material, rs72's plunger on the other hand was made of white material, its all down this tread at page 90

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leshiy-2-2/page/90/

Good point towle, I forgot about the white piston shown in that thread. I still think something like titanium...super hard but not brittle, very wear resistant. And light weight like the current composite one. IDK.

Like Rford71 said, available spare parts would be good too. I'd buy some.

Good point towle, I forgot about the white piston shown in that thread. I still think something like titanium...super hard but not brittle, very wear resistant. And light weight like the current composite one. IDK.

Like Rford71 said, available spare parts would be good too. I'd buy some.

Exactly, but another type of composite might do as well - titanium do not compress like composite and I would think a flexible material is needed to soften the blow 

..and I don't like the thought of having abrasive dust from wear of metal parts inside the valve housing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-AGb2snOc

He was complaining about it being plastic as opposed to metal. And I thought he mentioned fun parts.”

Complaining of anything Edgun seems to be he's thing - he seems to be complaining about how the barrel is not secured in the frame, that only 2 of the 4 screws is pinching the barrel - and then goes on pushing his own moderator version without the moon clip, brilliant! - the moon clip in the front of the barrel is there for a reason, to make sure the head spacing is always correct, if not, the mag may drag on the breech face, make it harder to turn and wear out the indexing system faster, but hey, he got a box full of spare parts for that!

Here's a screen shot from the comment section from one of his other videos where he rant about the trigger, had no idea how to adjust it

leshiy 2 - airpractic, a legend in his own mind.1617536537.JPG

raxim777, не могли бы Вы перевести то, что он говорит в этом видео в 14 минут 7 секунд? Похоже, он показывает сломанный поршень и белый поршень.

https://youtu.be/3IybU8N0PJg

Один мой коллега, который немного говорит по-русски, сказал: “мне показалось, что он говорит о том, что детали сломаны и не работают. Он жаловался, что это пластик, а не металл. И мне показалось, что он упомянул забавные моменты.”

Hi, this person says at 14min that this black part of the translator has frequent breakdowns, and Ed replaced the new L2 with a white one made of polyacetal and he does not think that it will also last long, all his criticism of Ed is only because of the wind up, we in Russia perceive him as a clown, he talks about the shortcomings of L2 and offers his services for correction...But many people who bought into his fables then suffered with L2 because of breakdowns

Thanks towel, 

Ed’s video was made in July 2020, long before most of us received our L2’s. Does anyone know what the indexing fix Ed was referring to? It seems the indexing problem is still happening and plungers are still breaking.

raxim777 thanks for the translation and giving background on the person in the video👍

I’ll have to look to see if my plunger was replace with a white one when repaired at the dealer.

Hi there!! I’ve got that Inside part of silencer, and you’re know what?? It’s much quieter then stock ! It was 98Db ,now it’s 70db! Why so,you’re may to ask?- it’s because,the hole of stock silencer is 7,62(30cal) but I’ve got a 25 cal(6,35) and I need a smaller hole for bullet exit, it’s will be reducing a out coming sound of shot . So that type of silencer actually has a hole exactly for 25 cal.not for 30!
All you’re need to do,it’s just replace it,and that’s it!! Nothing more!

-28db

so you got a sound reduction of -28db by just redesigning the insert - airgunheaven on the other hand got less (-25db) by adding another moderator to the original one and make it unnecessarily long :)

leshiy 2 - airgunheaven magna moderator.1617543190.JPG

leshiy 2 - airgunheaven magna moderator 1.1617543210.JPG

https://airgunheaven.com/en/intussen-de-mancave

Another fun thing from airgunheaven:

leshiy 2 - 9mm single shot.1617543329.JPG

Меня тут спросили, как заменить родную вставку в модераторе, вот я снял подробное видео, там все просто...

https://youtu.be/P2lWy7npw1g

raxim777

было ли это?

595CF3DC-B3C2-4BC6-8092-32F19777658A.1617542011.jpeg

))) in the photo, a red plastic mask is glued on an elongated rod, we do it ourselves in order to make it easier to bend the drum roller with your finger, when you return the drum to its place, this is done simply, take a drill with a diameter of 2 mm, knock out the old rod it also has a size of 2 mm, and insert a longer rod made from this drill, but not too long, so that it would not interfere with laying out L2 and leave everything so ... PS If something is not clear, I apologize to communicate through the translator....

Reactions: Audigit and Cattoo
Всем привет!! У меня есть эта внутренняя часть глушителя, и знаешь что?? Здесь гораздо тише, чем на складе ! Было 98дб ,а теперь 70дб! - Это потому,что отверстие запасного глушителя составляет 7,62(30 кал), но у меня есть 25 кал(6,35), и мне нужно меньшее отверстие для выхода пули, это уменьшит исходящий звук выстрела . Так что этот тип глушителя на самом деле имеет отверстие ровно на 25 кал,а не на 30!
Все,что вам нужно сделать,это просто заменить его, и все!! Больше ничего!

-28 дБ

таким образом, вы получили снижение звука на-28 дБ, просто изменив дизайн вставки - airgunheaven, с другой стороны, получил меньше (-25 дБ), добавив другой модератор к оригинальному и сделав его излишне длинным :)

leshiy 2 - airgunheaven magna moderator.1617543190.JPG

leshiy 2 - airgunheaven magna moderator 1.1617543210.JPG

https://airgunheaven.com/en/intussen-de-mancave

Еще одна забавная вещь от airgunheaven:

leshiy 2 - 9mm single shot.1617543329.JPG

This is a review from the person who put my insert, I do not have the equipment for measuring db...🤷‍♂️

Меня тут спросили, как заменить родную вставку в модераторе, вот я снял подробное видео, там все просто...

https://youtu.be/P2lWy7npw1g

raxim777

было ли это?

595CF3DC-B3C2-4BC6-8092-32F19777658A.1617542011.jpeg

))) in the photo, a red plastic mask is glued on an elongated rod, we do it ourselves in order to make it easier to bend the drum roller with your finger, when you return the drum to its place, this is done simply, take a drill with a diameter of 2 mm, knock out the old rod it also has a size of 2 mm, and insert a longer rod made from this drill, but not too long, so that it would not interfere with laying out L2 and leave everything so ... PS If something is not clear, I apologize to communicate through the translator....

raxim777, that’s a nice mod!👍

A coworker of mine that speaks a little Russian said “It seemed to me he was talking about parts being broken and not working. He was complaining about it being plastic as opposed to metal. And I thought he mentioned fun parts.”

I did not watch that video completely, it was enough to watch the first few minutes, nothing new. Just imagine a dude who knows nothing about the system but really wants to make money. What should he do in this case? Correct to break the system by showing his "secret" knowledge (he wrote this somewhere, for example: "I know how to improve this, but I have no intention of talking about it openly, as the manufacturer will use my secret to improve the product and make more money and nothing will come of it! "). Changed the indexing piston from plastic to metal. Igor and I talked about this in the video from the plane. The system was designed and designed to work with a lightweight piston rather than a metal one. We said that it would not work properly. It happened as we predicted. His clients claimed that the system was not working and they received no response from him. There was a thread about this on the EDgun forum. I just changed the parts for the user, because it was not his fault, he bought a used gun.

So, the main idea of ​​men like him is to draw attention to their person. He tries to get my attention and my response to him as a sign that I consider him a serious person :) This is why he sounds rather humiliating in his posts on the forums and in his videos. But I studied well at school and I remember well one poems:

Along the streets Big Elephant was led,
To show him off, most likely.
Since Elephants are not a common thing to see 
A crowd of gapers followed on his heels.
All of a sudden Pug springs up in front of them.
And seeing Elephant, it raises a great rumpus,
It lunges, barks and howls
And does its best to pick a quarrel.
"Hey neighbor, stop the fuss,"
A mutt intones, "You? Deal with Elephant?
Look at you barking yourself hoarse, and he just strolls 
Nonplussed
And doesn't care one bit about your noise."
"Ho ho!" Pug says,
"That's just what I enjoy,
Since I can be a real tough guy
Without a single blow or bruise.
That way, the other dogs will say:
"To bark at Elephant this Pug
Must be a real strong mug!"

So, Iam just laughing at his attempts both to get my attention to his person and his "reseches" about "how bad Leshiy 2 is". He is complete zero as engeneer so nothing to talk about with him. 

On the other hand, there are a lot of people in the Russian Net, who hates all what I do and me personally :) They are supporting team of any "pugs" barking to my direction, that is normal, morons are used to gather together. I don't care...

Reactions: Audigit
Thanks towel, 

Ed’s video was made in July 2020, long before most of us received our L2’s. Does anyone know what the indexing fix Ed was referring to? It seems the indexing problem is still happening and plungers are still breaking.

raxim777 thanks for the translation and giving background on the person in the video👍

I’ll have to look to see if my plunger was replace with a white one when repaired at the dealer.

We changed the material of the piston not the desing. The design is OK, the material was not resistant enough for a long term use. They are replaced by our representatives free of charge, they have enough parts. Or I can send it directly to the customer. 

Reactions: Cattoo