• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Hoping to see some turkeys this weekend, and I brought a friend

Nice mod on your mod - looking good!

acourvil.1616833692.JPG

Great shooting!

Thanks! - wish I could do this all the time but it was one of those rare direct eye and mind to trigger control moments without my ego interfering

This (the center bull) shot yesterday is kind of embarrassing, not the group size as such but the average center of the group, this shows my ego interfering, squeezing my hand and pulling the shots to the right - small groups is nice but shot placement is paramount 

leshiy 2 shot group 35 yards.1616839340.JPG

BTW about the bench accuracy at 35 Yards of my Leshiy 2 in .177 cal, 250 mm barrel shooting JSB Monster Redesigned now at 862 fps

The average of the last 400 shots is 2.17 MOA, smallest was 1.12 MOA, largest was 3.03 MOA 

I consider that to be very fine accuracy for a light weight short barrel take down semi

I tested the new 30 caliber Hades in my Leshiy 2 and FX Maverick today. 40 yards with no wind for a change. Unfortunately the Leshiy did not like them or the regular JSP 45 grain pellets at 860 FPS . I swear I was getting higher velocities on the 45 JSP domes and slugs when it was colder out side. I switched back to the FX Hybrids and NSA 46 grain slugs and huge difference with tighter groups. It definitely likes the slugs better. I can’t get any more speed out of my 450 barrel as I have it maxed out at 165 bar and one .2 jet. I was getting random flyers even though I knew I was in the 1/2” bulls eye when the gun went off. So I slowed down my shooting between shots and my groups shrunk dramatically and with less dramatic flyers. I’m thinking the reg needs a few more seconds to fill and even out the pressure. I tried the Hades again waiting about 30 seconds between shots and the groups were better than the first couple of targets but they still are not as consistent as the slugs. The point of impact between the Hades and the slugs was around 1 1/2” apart. I was hoping the Hades were going to be as good as the slugs in the Leshiy. My .22 barrel doesn’t like them either. Any one else who try the .30 hades let me know how they work and at what speed. Now the weather is warmer I hope to get shooting more and experiment with faster valve times and reg settings to see if I can squeak out a little better consistency in accuracy with less flyers. I hate to give up any velocity though. There is a lot of mention from others about having flyers when shooting groups on paper. There has to be a reason for it other than the trigger. My chronograph shows too much spread in velocity too so I don’t know if it is due to the high reg setting or shooting too fast between shots but I’m going to try and figure it out. It just seems I get two flyers out of every 8 shot groups , sometimes high and sometimes low. have noticed on my FX Maverick you can hear the reg filling after the shot if you keep your face on the gun after the shot. And being a lever gun I shoot it slower than the semi Leshiy. So I give it time between shots . The spread in velocity on the Maverick is crazy tight and it shoots the .30 Hades better than anything or any gun I’ve had so far and shoots at the exact same point of aim as the FX Hybrids at 40 yards. I have to get it out to the range and see what they do out at 100 and beyond along with the Leshiy too. I have more room to get more speed out of the Maverick too with 10 more bar on the reg and some modifications to the ports then play with the hammer speed. If anyone has any suggestions or have noticed something that has helped make a difference in getting the best consistency in groups with less flyers ,other than getting the trigger pull down, I’d like to know your thoughts. 

So I made the jump to the Leshiy 2 ... the wait begins...would be cool if they had a method to provide updates what orders are on deck for building and which orders will need to wait for the next delivery...and which orders are next for processing . I seen other websites with high demand provide this level of information so the seller focuses on getting things out the door than answering the no stop calls of is it ready yet...

So I made the jump to the Leshiy 2 ... the wait begins...would be cool if they had a method to provide updates what orders are on deck for building and which orders will need to wait for the next delivery...and which orders are next for processing . I seen other websites with high demand provide this level of information so the seller focuses on getting things out the door than answering the no stop calls of is it ready yet...

As I understand it, EdGunWest is a relatively small outfit, so putting in the data to generate these kinds of estimates probably eats away at the time he could be spending to fulfill orders. The Pre-order number + Order Date + Ship date that folks here have been kind enough to post provide a slightly more granular picture of where things stand in comparison to the "Taking pre-orders now for fulfillment in April" notices that are posted on the website. I have been eagerly awaiting fullfiment, but between these two data points, it was plenty enough information for me.

Just made my final payment, preorder 117x. Hopefully here by next week! 🤞

For what it's worth, I put in my order the second week of February, and my preorder number was 12XX. (Edited to add: I ordered a 350mm in .25cal) I completed my second payment on Saturday, within minutes of getting the e-mail. So, it looks like those estimates of the month of fulfillment put up by EdgunWest are mostly accurate, which is a lot more than I can say for many companies that have had taken pre-orders for various products, especially in the PB world. 

I got out and did some shooting of my L2 25 cal (350mm barrel) today with JSB 25.39gr. I have a Holosun HS510C on it, so I'm not setting up for long range accuracy or anything. I was able to get some decent groups at 25 yards for just having a red dot on it. I love the HS510C on this gun. It really makes for a fun platform in combination with the semi-auto. This gun will offer a different kind of shooting than I'm used to, but I think I'm going to like it!

I took some chrony measurements starting at ~270bar until just before it fell off the reg at ~130bar. Here is a summary of the chrony stats:

Screenshot from 2021-03-29 20-08-53.1617063549.png

Except for the first high point, it's a pretty impressive string. 67 shots (more than 8 mags) before falling off of the reg is great, too. (I have the CF bottle upgrade.) I suppose I could get more if I filled to the max of 300 bar, but hey I'm happy with that and will probably keep filling to a max of ~270 bar or so.

I got out and did some shooting of my L2 25 cal (350mm barrel) today with JSB 25.39gr. I have a Holosun HS510C on it, so I'm not setting up for long range accuracy or anything. I was able to get some decent groups at 25 yards for just having a red dot on it. I love the HS510C on this gun. It really makes for a fun platform in combination with the semi-auto. This gun will offer a different kind of shooting than I'm used to, but I think I'm going to like it!

Nice shot string! - and yes those HS510C's are nice, this is a indoor 35 yard 10 shot group from Leshiy Classic with the Holosun

1,01 MOA center to center

Leshiy Classic - Holosun HS510C.1617195582.JPG