• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I have the Leshiy 2 in 250mm barrel in .22 cal, the nozzles came with .2mm on the inside and an untitled one on the outside. The reg is set at 130 bar. I don't have a chrony to test with but remember in the beginning there was so much air coming through that it was popping my locking mechanism open. Krale fixed it but the jets were not changed out. I just ordered the .25 cal 350mm barrel kit and was told to get a .6mm nozzle and a plug. Does anyone know what size the screw is to plug one of the holes?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVM7DHL/

M4x0.70

261d-1f3fd.svg

Nice setup, including the bag. What is this section on yours? Is it the rear shroud from the Valkyrie moderators?

Screenshot_20210314-192918_Chrome.1615714329.jpg

it is the shroud off the Valkyrie ShoPot kit 450mm. I have both Valkyrie ShoPot kits for 350mm and 450mm barrels. I decided I would just run both length barrels with the 350mm forearm and save the time changing out the forearms. The Huma moderator bottoms out on the shroud and I have no problems with clipping. If you use an adapter like the Eagle Vision the shroud will be about 1/2” short but all you need is an o ring on the end of the barrel and slide the shroud forward over the o ring and it looks like it is attached to the moderator. I have the 11” carbon fiber forearm coming this week to try with both barrel lengths . The Huma 40 fits inside of it so again I can use one forearm with both barrel lengths and one moderator. Wish I had waited and seen how others had set there guns up like before I bought both my forearm kits with moderators. Hopefully I can move them off to someone who can use them. 
607C6396-2898-4855-B3F0-0EF16A77293F.1615766613.jpeg

Thanks Leatherman. I have both the Huma MOD40 and DFL Shogun. Both are about the same length with 1 baffle section removed from the MOD40. So far, to my ears, the MOD40 is a little quieter than the Shogun but I think the Shogun provides better accuracy. Granted I'm only testing accuracy at 27 yards which is my zero range. I'll try to push out to 50 yards when I have a chance.

Thanks Leatherman. I have both the Huma MOD40 and DFL Shogun. Both are about the same length with 1 baffle section removed from the MOD40. So far, to my ears, the MOD40 is a little quieter than the Shogun but I think the Shogun provides better accuracy. Granted I'm only testing accuracy at 27 yards which is my zero range. I'll try to push out to 50 yards when I have a chance.

Other than EDgun West is there another source for the MOD40 stateside? Specifically if you want to get the an extra section or two? Or does one need to buy direct from Huma?

How many fills are you guys getting with the 300cc bottle from a scba tank? I have been looking at the calculator from AOA and it looks like the amount of fills from a great white is super low. I am hoping I am not entering the information wrong, but it looks like getting a large SCBA might not cut it. What has been everyone's experience been? Going to be picking up an Alkin, but I have to wait for my house to get finished first which will be a while and was going to cover that time with visits to the scuba store. With the high cost of 4500psi fills in my area I am kind of at a loss for what I should do for air in the interim.

Any thoughts?

How many fills are you guys getting with the 300cc bottle from a scba tank? I have been looking at the calculator from AOA and it looks like the amount of fills from a great white is super low. I am hoping I am not entering the information wrong, but it looks like getting a large SCBA might not cut it. What has been everyone's experience been? Going to be picking up an Alkin, but I have to wait for my house to get finished first which will be a while and was going to cover that time with visits to the scuba store. With the high cost of 4500psi fills in my area I am kind of at a loss for what I should do for air in the interim.

Any thoughts?

Get a YH

any one getting more power from a 30 cal ls? i've talked to brian and have seen where ed wrote about 108 fpe from a 30 cal 350 mm barrel. ,any one tried it? if so what's the shot count etc. thanks

Ed did a test with 2.9 gram pellets with reg set at 130, 150 bar and without the reg and 260 bar in the bottle

130 bar reg 810 fps = 65 fpe

150 bar reg 859 fps = 73 fpe

un-reg, 260 bar in bottle 980 fps = 96 fpe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mebRRmBRv0

i can tell you this. i have 357 impact and i got 8 250 bar complete fills of a 580 cc bottle out of a 98 cubic foot tank. after that 8 each fill was only slightly less than the previous. i was doing 3 or 4 shooting sessions per tank fill. maybe 300 400 rounds fired per session. i was using all 8 complete bottle fills on first session. by fourth session id only be getting 150 160 bar partial fills. then it was time to refill tank. ive since switched to nitrogen 6000 psi cylinder. 20 $ a month rent. about 80 $ per cylinder. me and my buddy go in on it. we get i think about 5 sessions per cylinder. those sessions are 3 guns. one impact 357 one 30. and an aea 22 cal semi auto. 600 to 900 rounds per session fired between the three guns after about third session we start getting partial fills. he's got a truck and we load the big cylinder in the bed and take it out to the woods. super convenient a whole lot of fast fills. prax air is where i get nitrogen. had to negotiate the price to 12 $ something for rent and like 63 $ for the cylinder. the rest of my price is fees and taxes. airhogs made me a valve for like 50 60 bucks shipped. i would think a big carbon tank would fill that little edgun even more times. hope that helps cheers

i can tell you this. i have 357 impact and i got 8 250 bar complete fills of a 580 cc bottle out of a 98 cubic foot tank. after that 8 each fill was only slightly less than the previous. i was doing 3 or 4 shooting sessions per tank fill. maybe 300 400 rounds fired per session. i was using all 8 complete bottle fills on first session. by fourth session id only be getting 150 160 bar partial fills. then it was time to refill tank. ive since switched to nitrogen 6000 psi cylinder. 20 $ a month rent. about 80 $ per cylinder. me and my buddy go in on it. we get i think about 5 sessions per cylinder. those sessions are 3 guns. one impact 357 one 30. and an aea 22 cal semi auto. 600 to 900 rounds per session fired between the three guns after about third session we start getting partial fills. he's got a truck and we load the big cylinder in the bed and take it out to the woods. super convenient a whole lot of fast fills. prax air is where i get nitrogen. had to negotiate the price to 12 $ something for rent and like 63 $ for the cylinder. the rest of my price is fees and taxes. airhogs made me a valve for like 50 60 bucks shipped. i would think a big carbon tank would fill that little edgun even more times. hope that helps cheers

That helps, it must be the way I am doing the calculation. Thanks

Any thoughts?

when you use the calculator it only tells you the fill at 300 bar, this is the max fill, not the absolute required fill.

so it will fill 3.6 times at 300 bar

2X at 280 Bar 

etc

I actually rarely fill guns to 300 bar, 250-270 is my usual fill, it creates less heat and saves your supply tank some volume 

Hope this helps, If you're going to get an Alkin eventually you'll need a tank anyway, best to get the biggest one unless you're looking to backpack with it.

Any thoughts?

when you use the calculator it only tells you the fill at 300 bar, this is the max fill, not the absolute required fill.

so it will fill 3.6 times at 300 bar

2X at 280 Bar 

etc

I actually rarely fill guns to 300 bar, 250-270 is my usual fill, it creates less heat and saves your supply tank some volume 

Hope this helps, If you're going to get an Alkin eventually you'll need a tank anyway, best to get the biggest one unless you're looking to backpack with it.

Wow thank you for the response Ed, that definitely changes the calculation and makes that pencil a lot better. I was using 300 bar, but with your confirmation it looks like I would get a lot more fills. I am just trying to get the cleanest most dry air possible for my Leshiy(no offense to the YH crowd).