EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I got a chance to shoot two quick mags outdoors this weekend when the weather settled for a bit. 

I've been shooting mostly indoors so I had it tuned shooting the AVS .2513 30gr flat base right at 800fps. I normally shoot them tuned to 950 fps when at the range; however, they were stacking at 800 fps indoors so I figured I freeze for a few minutes and shoot a few groups at 46 yards. 

Nothing cherry picked here as I only shot two mags, so this is pretty standard accuracy using the 450mm .25 Alfa barrel and a LVPO 1-8x scope. First group was the bottom one - all 8 shots fit under a nickel. Top group a little bigger and one called flyer just off the left side of the target. 

Leshiy 2 .25 AVS - 1.1614637968.jpeg

I previously haven't had much luck with slugs in the .22/350mm barrel. I tried out some NSA 17.5gr .2165 that I've had for a bit. They weren't so great the first time I tried them, but I had the Leshiy 2 set a little lower in power and was sending these at 850fps. They are showing promise at shorter distances so I plan to stretch them out a bit and see how they perform. 

You got to give us more info like your caliber, barrel length and what moderator your going to use.

Sorry, thats my bad... its a 350 mm .25 L2, but I have a Valkyrie short metal hand guard and a Huma M40 moderator on it now. Its MUCH better from the sound department now, but I want to make it even more quiet and was going to crank down the reg a little. So, just wondering, from the 130 its typically set to at factory, does taking it down to say 100 bar make any sense, or is that going to horribly affect accuracy etc.?

@TitanFlyer - what pellet are you shooting now and what is the fpe output at the moment. Stock setup with 130 bar reg I'd say you're pushing around 50-55 fpe ootb. If you drop the reg down to 100 bar you'd probably be closer to 45 fpe. So it could impact your pellet choice depending on your needs and distances.

I am shooting JSB Match Diabolo Exact King .25 Cal, 25.39 Grains, Domed for the moment. I don’t have a chrono so I am not sure what i am even shooting at. I just want to shoot in the 50-75 yard range and just really plinking and some hunting. My issue has been that this thing is far from backyard friendly (not a serious issue for me with my neighbors) and I wanted to quiet it down. The Huma M40 seems to have done a great job of that, but was wondering if it could be even better with less umph...lol

Does anyone have the thread-count you need to purchase a capped nozzle. I bough the whole nozzle kit but I dont have a way to cap one size. I think the head is like a 3mm hex but dont know the thread count. Or if someone just can point to an item that would work to cap one of the nozzles that works too.

I've read this entire thread in the past and now have looked through dozens of pages again as I think I've seen it here somewhere before but cannot find the answer

Does anyone have the thread-count you need to purchase a capped nozzle. I bough the whole nozzle kit but I dont have a way to cap one size. I think the head is like a 3mm hex but dont know the thread count. Or if someone just can point to an item that would work to cap one of the nozzles that works too.

I've read this entire thread in the past and now have looked through dozens of pages again as I think I've seen it here somewhere before but cannot find the answer

M4-0.70 x 6mm (anything from 3mm to 6mm in length should work)

I purchased these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVM7DHL

You got to give us more info like your caliber, barrel length and what moderator your going to use.

Sorry, thats my bad... its a 350 mm .25 L2, but I have a Valkyrie short metal hand guard and a Huma M40 moderator on it now. Its MUCH better from the sound department now, but I want to make it even more quiet and was going to crank down the reg a little. So, just wondering, from the 130 its typically set to at factory, does taking it down to say 100 bar make any sense, or is that going to horribly affect accuracy etc.?

Suggestion. Have someone else shoot your gun and you stand 30-40 feet away and see how loud your gun is. Have them shoot it with out a pellet and with a pellet into what ever back stop you have. Then let us know if you think the gun is still too loud . I find that you hear much more noise shooting an airgun from the mechanics of the gun to the pellet hitting the target but when you observe from a little distance the gun actually is very quiet. But you can still hear the pellets hitting the target which is louder than the gun. 

Just got confirmation my Leshiy 22 250 will be at my home on Monday 3-8. Can't wait.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to get mine too. Can I ask what order number were you? So I have an idea how far I am. Thanks

My pre-order #1124 scheduled to arrive Tuesday March 9th.

Oh wow, nice! That mean I’m just around the corner. I hope to get mine soon, finger cross! 

New to the air rifle world and going to jump full in with an L2. I’m in the next batch group from Brian. Have a couple of questions for you all.

Does anyone know if Huma is going to come out with a speed loader? There are some really interesting 3D printed ones out there but would love to get a solid built one. 

I’ll be hand pumping at first so going with the cf bottle. More work up front for bit longer shooting sessions. for those using the bottle, where are you mounting the mag holders? Like Ed, I’m left eye dominant so can’t mount them on the top bar or it will interfere with my check weld nor close properly. I think I’ve seen them mounted on the front moderator so that maybe where they’ll go. 

April can’t come fast enough. Pretty excited to get going with all this.

The factory mag holders use o-rings to wrap around the air cylinder. We just have to find the right size o-ring to fit snug around the 300cc bottle. If anyone knows, I would appreciate the info as well.

Perhaps oringsandmore.com can help in that department. 

Just got confirmation my Leshiy 22 250 will be at my home on Monday 3-8. Can't wait.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to get mine too. Can I ask what order number were you? So I have an idea how far I am. Thanks

-JP

You passed me. Brian must be processing these based on stock on hand and/or in batches.

Based on Brian’s latest video, he may be working through the 350s now and previously was working on the 250s. I’m in the order number 12xx range and should be in the next batch. The good thing is, we get the new AR style grip in the next batch.
I’m in for a 250 .25 and trying to build a super light setup. Optic is a USO TS-12x with an Aero mount. I’m opting for the carbon tank since I’ll be hand pumping for now. More work up front, but longer shooting sessions. Leaving everything else stock for now. Hoping it’s not too loud but may ask Brian to tune it down. Shooting paper at 20yd in an urban environment, so being quiet is important. 
Wanted to thank everyone who posted a response to my earlier query about the speed loaders and alternate ways to attach the mag holders. I think, I’ll be mounting one mag holder up front forward of the trigger guard. Might pick up Sub12 Airgunners speed loader if he makes them available.