Edgun Leshiy 2 Tips when you receive it. (From a friend)

Updated:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/leshiy-2-tips-when-you-receive-it-from-a-friend/#post-817496

- List of Pellets that fall through the magazine (mostly anything with smaller diameter like JSB Hades 15 grn) 

Etc.

Interesting, I haven't had any problems with the JSB .22 Hades falling through.

Here's a list of pellets in .22 I've tried that haven't slid through for me:

• Falcon 13.43
  • JSB 14.3, 15.9, 18.1, 25.39
  • JSB Hades 15.9
  • H&N Sniper Magnum
  • H&N Barracuda Match 21gr

@blackpaw 

Super subjective. I want to be fair because lots of sensitive people here on AGN... But since I know you have shot an impact and a Taipan veteran I can say this... It's not crazy loud and it's definitely not quiet. It sounds just like a powerful nail gun. It is nowhere near as quiet as a 22 Taipan Veteran. Maybe as loud as a 25 Taipan compact stock out of the box, no aftermarket ldc. I'll say the Leshiy 2 is a very different sound. My ears are definitely more sensitive to the sound of the Leshiy 2. With time I believe I will get used to it. 

I will say with the stock moderator, 350mm, 22 cal, it isn't too bad.. And if you shoot it 8 times in a tiny group as fast as you can pull the trigger at 25 yards the sound is very much overlooked. 😂

I haven't done alot of testing at farther ranges but the more I shoot it the more I love it. Your 177 may be quieter. Keep me posted as I'll be interested to hear your initial thoughts as well. Just be patient with the wait. It will be worth it! 

I am experimenting with a few moderators to see which one matches up best for me. 

@blackpaw 

Super subjective. I want to be fair because lots of sensitive people here on AGN... But since I know you have shot an impact and a Taipan veteran I can say this... It's not crazy loud and it's definitely not quiet. It sounds just like a powerful nail gun. It is nowhere near as quiet as a 22 Taipan Veteran. Maybe as loud as a 25 Taipan compact stock out of the box, no aftermarket ldc. I'll say the Leshiy 2 is a very different sound. My ears are definitely more sensitive to the sound of the Leshiy 2. With time I believe I will get used to it. 

I will say with the stock moderator, 350mm, 22 cal, it isn't too bad.. And if you shoot it 8 times in a tiny group as fast as you can pull the trigger at 25 yards the sound is very much overlooked. 😂

I haven't done alot of testing at farther ranges but the more I shoot it the more I love it. Your 177 may be quieter. Keep me posted as I'll be interested to hear your initial thoughts as well. Just be patient with the wait. It will be worth it! 

I am experimenting with a few moderators to see which one matches up best for me.

I don't know why everyone is so afraid to say it - but the Leshiy 2.0 is much louder than the Leshiy Classic. Compared to my 0.25 350mm Classic, my 0.25 350mm is noticeably louder shooting at the same low 800's fps - but here are the clarifications:

[TLDR: it's definitely louder than the Classic but it's a different type of report that may or may not be resolved with further tweaking]

-I originally got my first Classic with a 250mm barrel and it had a decent pop to it out of the box. As usual, I bought 4 or 5 of them and the one I ended up keeping had the factory shroud ported by Ernest . . . then I went to the longer 350mm barrel and added DonnyFL's 350mm extended baffle and shroud. When this setup was configured to shoot 800fps, it was very quiet - much quieter than how I received the first Classic out of the box so this became my baseline for how loud a Leshiy "should" be.

-I ordered the L2 in the same 0.25 / 350mm long configuration and it came out of the box shooting about 880fps and it was surprisingly loud - but it was a different sound than what most of us are used to from our PCP's. As many have said, it's almost exactly like the sound of a pneumatic nail gun and most of the sound is the high volume of air going from the airtube through the transfer point into the barrel. This air is also needed to cycle the mag for the semi-auto function so some minimum volume will always need to be there or it won't cycle properly. To me, this report is much louder than pop of the pellet leaving the barrel (this is the sound we're used to paying attention to) so my efforts to swap out the factory 350mm "silencer" and replace it with a Donny Sumo or Ronin don't do much to quiet the L2 down because that doesn't address the noise at the transfer port. One of the thoughts here is that perhaps you can fine tune the gap between the puck and the barrel to minimize the amount of air that escapes and thus reduce some of the noise (I haven't had time to tinker with that yet - will try this weekend).

-As this is a different kind of report than I'm used to, I don't know how far it actually travels. I haven't been able to have someone else shoot the L2 while I measure report away from the firing position. My optimistic hope is that is sounds much louder to the shooter since it's right near your ear but it isn't nearly as loud for someone standing 5, 10 or whatever feet away from it. My pessimistic guess is that to the observer, it'll sound just like your neighbor using his nail gun . . . which is definitely noticeable if you've ever had a neighbor do any construction on their home.

The bottom line is that my hope/expectation was that (given the same configuration, overall length and FPS), the L2 and Classic would have the same report but that's definitely not the case. That's also not to say that the L2 can't get there with some tweaking. I've lowered the reg on my L2 to 100bar (down from 130bar set at the factory) and it's only a tiny bit quieter at this setting. I will further turn it down to 80bar this weekend and see how much quieter it will be. My goal is to not make my L2 any longer than the 29.5" it is with the factory 350mm mod because the compactness of the L2 is one of main reasons I bought it (I don't care for the semi-auto feature). I don't want to make it quieter by making it 34", 36" or 40" long because I already have rifles in that range - the L2 is supposed to fill a very specific role, which is to be my one and only backpacker rifle. So in the end, it may not be fair to compare the L2 to my Classic because they're very different but if the L2 can't or doesn't fit my needs while staying around 30" in overall length, then it may not be the rifle for me.

I don't know why everyone is so afraid to say it - but the Leshiy 2.0 is much louder than the Leshiy Classic. Compared to my 0.25 350mm Classic, my 0.25 350mm is noticeably louder shooting at the same low 800's fps - but here are the clarifications:

[TLDR: it's definitely louder than the Classic but it's a different type of report that may or may not be resolved with further tweaking]

-I originally got my first Classic with a 250mm barrel and it had a decent pop to it out of the box. As usual, I bought 4 or 5 of them and the one I ended up keeping had the factory shroud ported by Ernest . . . then I went to the longer 350mm barrel and added DonnyFL's 350mm extended baffle and shroud. When this setup was configured to shoot 800fps, it was very quiet - much quieter than how I received the first Classic out of the box so this became my baseline for how loud a Leshiy "should" be.

-I ordered the L2 in the same 0.25 / 350mm long configuration and it came out of the box shooting about 880fps and it was surprisingly loud - but it was a different sound than what most of us are used to from our PCP's. As many have said, it's almost exactly like the sound of a pneumatic nail gun and most of the sound is the high volume of air going from the airtube through the transfer point into the barrel. This air is also needed to cycle the mag for the semi-auto function so some minimum volume will always need to be there or it won't cycle properly. To me, this report is much louder than pop of the pellet leaving the barrel (this is the sound we're used to paying attention to) so my efforts to swap out the factory 350mm "silencer" and replace it with a Donny Sumo or Ronin don't do much to quiet the L2 down because that doesn't address the noise at the transfer port. One of the thoughts here is that perhaps you can fine tune the gap between the puck and the barrel to minimize the amount of air that escapes and thus reduce some of the noise (I haven't had time to tinker with that yet - will try this weekend).

-As this is a different kind of report than I'm used to, I don't know how far it actually travels. I haven't been able to have someone else shoot the L2 while I measure report away from the firing position. My optimistic hope is that is sounds much louder to the shooter since it's right near your ear but it isn't nearly as loud for someone standing 5, 10 or whatever feet away from it. My pessimistic guess is that to the observer, it'll sound just like your neighbor using his nail gun . . . which is definitely noticeable if you've ever had a neighbor do any construction on their home.

The bottom line is that my hope/expectation was that (given the same configuration, overall length and FPS), the L2 and Classic would have the same report but that's definitely not the case. That's also not to say that the L2 can't get there with some tweaking. I've lowered the reg on my L2 to 100bar (down from 130bar set at the factory) and it's only a tiny bit quieter at this setting. I will further turn it down to 80bar this weekend and see how much quieter it will be. My goal is to not make my L2 any longer than the 29.5" it is with the factory 350mm mod because the compactness of the L2 is one of main reasons I bought it (I don't care for the semi-auto feature). I don't want to make it quieter by making it 34", 36" or 40" long because I already have rifles in that range - the L2 is supposed to fill a very specific role, which is to be my one and only backpacker rifle. So in the end, it may not be fair to compare the L2 to my Classic because they're very different but if the L2 can't or doesn't fit my needs while staying around 30" in overall length, then it may not be the rifle for me.
I ran across you post while investigating the L2 and wondering how you made out? Were you able to find some solutions to quiet the L2?

I ran across you post while investigating the L2 and wondering how you made out? Were you able to find some solutions to quiet the L2?
This thread is over 2 years old and is from the initial release of the Leshiy 2. A lot has happened during that time and there are a lot more options available now to quiet down the L2 than existed back in October of 2020. Long story short, the L2 is a very different rifle from most everything else that was available at the time of its release and it had a report that is different than most other guns. Most of the popular moderators that we were used to using didn't work as well on the L2 as they did with our previous guns. The stock "moderator" is pretty useless as were many of the original Valkyrie line of mods that launched with the L2. What most of us did to quiet the L2 down was some combination of the following: changing the jet nozzles, adjusting dwell time and using one of the newer moderators like the Huma Mod 30/40/50 line (I use the Mod40 with 3 sections on my 0.25 and it's sufficiently quiet). Member @Jack.K also made a blow-back shroud that, in conjunction with a moderator, has made his 0.22 absurdly quiet.

So to summarize, yes, it is possible to quiet down the L2 with the rear equipment.

Reactions: Jspach
I’ve updated design of the blowback shroud. It is much more efficient and now supports a standard 1/2 unf threaded moderator.
4C721CBF-25CA-45DE-9CA7-40B350E31D60.jpeg

3AFB3426-A00C-46C6-956D-5C7CD8EAC0DE.jpeg

This video was made by one of AGN member here demonstrating the sound comparison between the Leshiy 2 vs the pellet impact sound at the target.

I don't know why everyone is so afraid to say it - but the Leshiy 2.0 is much louder than the Leshiy Classic. Compared to my 0.25 350mm Classic, my 0.25 350mm is noticeably louder shooting at the same low 800's fps - but here are the clarifications:

-I originally got my first Classic with a 250mm barrel and it had a decent pop to it out of the box. As usual, I bought 4 or 5 of them and the one I ended up keeping had the factory shroud ported by Ernest . . . then I went to the longer 350mm barrel and added DonnyFL's 350mm extended baffle and shroud. When this setup was configured to shoot 800fps, it was very quiet - much quieter than how I received the first Classic out of the box so this became my baseline for how loud a Leshiy "should" be.

-I ordered the L2 in the same 0.25 / 350mm long configuration and it came out of the box shooting about 880fps and it was surprisingly loud - but it was a different sound than what most of us are used to from our PCP's. As many have said, it's almost exactly like the sound of a pneumatic nail gun and most of the sound is the high volume of air going from the airtube through the transfer point into the barrel. This air is also needed to cycle the mag for the semi-auto function so some minimum volume will always need to be there or it won't cycle properly. To me, this report is much louder than pop of the pellet leaving the barrel (this is the sound we're used to paying attention to) so my efforts to swap out the factory 350mm "silencer" and replace it with a Donny Sumo or Ronin don't do much to quiet the L2 down because that doesn't address the noise at the transfer port. One of the thoughts here is that perhaps you can fine tune the gap between the puck and the barrel to minimize the amount of air that escapes and thus reduce some of the noise (I haven't had time to tinker with that yet - will try this weekend).

-As this is a different kind of report than I'm used to, I don't know how far it actually travels. I haven't been able to have someone else shoot the L2 while I measure report away from the firing position. My optimistic hope is that is sounds much louder to the shooter since it's right near your ear but it isn't nearly as loud for someone standing 5, 10 or whatever feet away from it. My pessimistic guess is that to the observer, it'll sound just like your neighbor using his nail gun . . . which is definitely noticeable if you've ever had a neighbor do any construction on their home.

The bottom line is that my hope/expectation was that (given the same configuration, overall length and FPS), the L2 and Classic would have the same report but that's definitely not the case. That's also not to say that the L2 can't get there with some tweaking. I've lowered the reg on my L2 to 100bar (down from 130bar set at the factory) and it's only a tiny bit quieter at this setting. I will further turn it down to 80bar this weekend and see how much quieter it will be. My goal is to not make my L2 any longer than the 29.5" it is with the factory 350mm mod because the compactness of the L2 is one of main reasons I bought it (I don't care for the semi-auto feature). I don't want to make it quieter by making it 34", 36" or 40" long because I already have rifles in that range - the L2 is supposed to fill a very specific role, which is to be my one and only backpacker rifle. So in the end, it may not be fair to compare the L2 to my Classic because they're very different but if the L2 can't or doesn't fit my needs while staying around 30" in overall length, then it may not be the rifle for me.
The L2 is definetly loud. You can see all my posts chasing quiet. However.. a big part of that is the action being right next to your ear.

Try this:
1) Shoot some shots normally. Listen.
2) Assuming safe ground, hold the gun one handed at waist level, arm extended down and away from your body. Shoot a few into the ground.

Notice the difference.

I’ve updated design of the blowback shroud. It is much more efficient and now supports a standard 1/2 unf threaded moderator.
View attachment 302134

View attachment 302135
This video was made by one of AGN member here demonstrating the sound comparison between the Leshiy 2 vs the pellet impact sound at the target.
This is really similar to the Behemoth design, with the reflex shroud. Looks great.

This thread is over 2 years old and is from the initial release of the Leshiy 2. A lot has happened during that time and there are a lot more options available now to quiet down the L2 than existed back in October of 2020. Long story short, the L2 is a very different rifle from most everything else that was available at the time of its release and it had a report that is different than most other guns. Most of the popular moderators that we were used to using didn't work as well on the L2 as they did with our previous guns. The stock "moderator" is pretty useless as were many of the original Valkyrie line of mods that launched with the L2. What most of us did to quiet the L2 down was some combination of the following: changing the jet nozzles, adjusting dwell time and using one of the newer moderators like the Huma Mod 30/40/50 line (I use the Mod40 with 3 sections on my 0.25 and it's sufficiently quiet). Member @Jack.K also made a blow-back shroud that, in conjunction with a moderator, has made his 0.22 absurdly quiet.

So to summarize, yes, it is possible to quiet down the L2 with the rear equipment.
Can you talk more about jets and dwell time? My intuition is that mine is bleeding more air than neccessary at my reg level and fps, but I just am not sure.

View attachment 302134

View attachment 302135
Are you selling these updated versions?