Edgun Leshiy 2 reviews

In most markets it comes with a small suppressor. If you are firing .22 and have it tuned down to 800 fps or so, shooting 15-20 grain pellets, it's probably quiet-enough for most backyards with the stock suppressor.

Generally speaking the larger the calibre the louder it will be -- presuming you are firing the pellets at roughly the same speed.

If you're willing to have the pellets just barely slide out of the barrel, like 200fps, you can make it very quiet.

• Haha
Reactions: SHOMER and Mpoexc
I don't find mine to be backyard friendly out of the box. I have an early model, initially purchased with the short 250mm barrel and was definately too loud for my backyard. Moved up to the 350mm barrel, it's a bit quieter, maybe ~20ish fps more on pellet speed but still not backyard friendly. It's not un-moderated loud, but fairly loud. I think it sounds a lot like a pneumatic nail gun.

You will need a moderator for sure especially with the .30. Barrel length, reg pressure and pellet/slug weight will also play into your question but from my personal experience with the .30 in 250mm, 450 and 600mm it is loud enough to put a moderator on especially if you’re worried about noise or neighbors.
thanks for the info. maybe ill try to stick to the .22 cal.
looking to buy an Edgun Leshiy 2
Mark

Check out this thread:

For .22, I found the short silent thunder insert with the original shrouds (either 250 or 350 setups) is totally backyard friendly. I like the original shroud and it allows the stock to be locked folded without changing the locking pin.

For .30, I found the short silent thunder insert with the original shrouds (either 250 or 350 setup) is better than original insert but still has some bark. Using the long silent thunder insert in a 350 shroud but with a 250 barrel is more acceptable but the 350 shroud limits the compact storage of the rifle when folded. Instead I use the short silent thunder insert in the 250 shroud with 250 barrel and add a Striplin threaded cap for attaching a Ronin. This is extremely quiet for .30 and still allows compact storage with easy removal of Ronin.

View attachment 274862
thanks for the info, and Great pic of your Edgun Leshiy. looking to buy one, hopefully a .22 cal.
Mark

Reactions: RAMJET66
:) best way to learn.... do a rapid test

;)

20211015_102419.jpg