• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning EdGun Leshiy 2, & Power increase!

My factory config is a .177/250 and using JSB 10.3 get a great grouping out to 25 yds, much less at 50yds (no surprise).

I have not found any how-to/why videos for my setup…literally a newbie, I don’t even know how much disassembly is required to install the REPR. Do I remove the OEM factory regulator? Is there a specific video or other resource to help me learn? Any help from you experts is much appreciated.

.177/250 - my ditto really likes the JSB Monster Redesigned at 863 fps, you will get there with reg at about 140 bar, also the JSB heavy at 650 fps with the reg down low at about 60 bar for lots of plinking shots

EAR install howto video, I found this one, hope it helps

"..starting with an E.A.R. But can a dumbass install one?"

Edit: sorry, did not notice your last post about the install

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H63u5OYV10

It is your thread after all............... ;)

So .25/350mm barrel and 25gr pellets. For the small increase you are looking for I would start with adjusting the regulator a bit. One hour (30 degrees) turn counter-clockwise will bump you up about 10 bar on the regulator. Try a small increase there first.

@ChRiSiS - Chris - I think it's a good sign that both you and CheckUrSix are at the same stock starting point with 25gr pellets in the same barrel. Shows at least some consistency across the model line. If you want to get ~55fpe out of this setup I would start with 0.2mm/0.5mm and about 150 bar on the regulator. Play with the 0.5mm nozzle and bring it down to 0.4mm or 0.3mm for more power.

To both guys - if you are looking for more power beyond the above you're going to need to look at the 450mm barrel. At this point, especially in .30, you're going to want to look at the larger plenum too. Larger plenum. .30/450mm barrel and 160bar reg and you'll easily be around 90fpe. I'm pushing the 50gr .30 JSB @ 890 fps with this setup with 0.2mm/0.3mm nozzles.
ctshooter
Your advise on edgun Leshiy 2, just bougth 450 mm barrel, cal .30, attached the Ronin silencer, looking for accuracy, what jets and puck will work best for what I’m lookin for?

I don't think really there is a formula other then shooting a lot. If I give you my numbers most likely you won't be able to duplicate, starting with a Temp and Humidity, in my case 11C and 68%, Friday afternoon 3.0pm a start.
L2 with .22x600mm FX conversion kit, the tested pellet is the Baracude 21.14gr.
42-27 meters is a flattest trajectory as per my Strelok. Sighted in at 40M and from pictures below based on best group formation/size I am printing my scope turret tapes.
The upper picture 2x0.6 jets the lower picture 2x0.7 jets. Each group is a full mag of 8 shots.

2x06 jets.JPG

2x07 jets.JPG

What I noticed that my L2 doesn't like the combination of 2x0.7 jets and above 140 bar on the Reg. It want to lock the mag indexing and I need to unlatch a lot. Tonight I will take it apart to see what is actually worn out if anything. I have about 5K shots on the gun in a one year.

Forgot to say:
I was shooting the lower picture with bare barrel, and just to test it, the upper left ring attached a airstripper the speed jumped for 25 fps, second next to R attached my shroud internal stripper and with that the speed jumped for about 45 fps. Both attachements made an offset high and to the right as I mark it up with a black arrow. So yes, any airstripper will shave off an amount of air in front of the projectile.

Last edited:
ctshooter
Your advise on edgun Leshiy 2, just bougth 450 mm barrel, cal .30, attached the Ronin silencer, looking for accuracy, what jets and puck will work best for what I’m lookin for?

You want the wide-open puck. Given you have large calibre and a relatively long barrel, I'd start with some fairly small jets. Not certain what is best for you, but maybe two 0.4's would be a good place to start experimenting around, maybe even two 0.3's.

Reactions: aleyarza
I’m running the .30 Leshiy2 with 2 of the .1 jets installed. On the Edgun website there is a chart for what jets should be used with each caliber. The speed is definitely there from the 250mm up to the 600mm barrel. I am currently running the 450mm setup with a Huma Mod50 with 4 sections and have my regulator set at 102bar shooting the 44gr FX pellets at 805fps which is at 64.5ft/lbs.
I have been lowering my regulator pressure slowly trying to get an extremely quite little monster.
1845B891-DCF2-47A1-899B-EAC146C1286B.jpeg

Reactions: Romy and aleyarza
I’m running the .30 Leshiy2 with 2 of the .1 jets installed. On the Edgun website there is a chart for what jets should be used with each caliber. The speed is definitely there from the 250mm up to the 600mm barrel. I am currently running the 450mm setup with a Huma Mod50 with 4 sections and have my regulator set at 102bar shooting the 44gr FX pellets at 805fps which is at 64.5ft/lbs.
I have been lowering my regulator pressure slowly trying to get an extremely quite little monster.
View attachment 301010
Thanks ram2jeep, I will try that setup

Reactions: ram2jeep