• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning EdGun Leshiy 2, & Power increase!

What are you looking to do? I've posted a ton of nozzle tuning tips in the 130+ page Leshiy 2 thread.

I'll try and break it down here for you:

- The nozzles control the dwell time of the valve. The dwell time of the valve is inversely related to the size of the nozzles. (ie: larger nozzles = shorter dwell)

- Think of adjusting the nozzles in a way compared to adjusting the hammer spring on a typical PCP.

- The difference between the nozzles and the hammer spring is this > When you adjust the hammer spring you do it for one pressure setting on the regulator. If you adjust the regulator you then have to readjust the hammer spring as the valve will need more (or less) HS to get the air moving. With the L2 valve, once you set the dwell using the nozzles, you are set to go for any regulator setting. 

- To adjust the speed of the projectile you use the regulator.

- Huh? So you are setting the nozzles to get the most efficient use of air for the barrel caliber and length (think cylinder volume) and using the regulator to control the fps once you have the right nozzle tune.

Perfect science? Not even close. There are many overlaps in nozzles sizes so there is not one perfect nozzle combo for any particular barrel setup. 

One key point here - unless you are tuning for the sub-12fpe market, using the red puck inserts to tune is not part of the plan.

What are you looking to do? I've posted a ton of nozzle tuning tips in the 130+ page Leshiy 2 thread.

I'll try and break it down here for you:

- The nozzles control the dwell time of the valve. The dwell time of the valve is inversely related to the size of the nozzles. (ie: larger nozzles = shorter dwell)

- Think of adjusting the nozzles in a way compared to adjusting the hammer spring on a typical PCP.

- The difference between the nozzles and the hammer spring is this > When you adjust the hammer spring you do it for one pressure setting on the regulator. If you adjust the regulator you then have to readjust the hammer spring as the valve will need more (or less) HS to get the air moving. With the L2 valve, once you set the dwell using the nozzles, you are set to go for any regulator setting. 

- To adjust the speed of the projectile you use the regulator.

- Huh? So you are setting the nozzles to get the most efficient use of air for the barrel caliber and length (think cylinder volume) and using the regulator to control the fps once you have the right nozzle tune.

Perfect science? Not even close. There are many overlaps in nozzles sizes so there is not one perfect nozzle combo for any particular barrel setup. 

One key point here - unless you are tuning for the sub-12fpe market, using the red puck inserts to tune is not part of the plan.

Sean, any way to point to the general vicinity of the tuning posts so that we don’t have wade through all 135 pages? I’m in th process of reading through the three ,myself as there is so much information there. But it is long 😇

Chris

Chris - I would have no idea where to begin. I've had my Leshiy 2 now for almost a year and been through many configurations. Probably best for me if you would be give a barrel caliber and length, the projectile and what fpe you're looking to get out of it. From there I can give you a starting point - but I'd fully recommend you to go a little above and below any settings I offer up to get the best out of your airgun.

Reactions: aleyarza
ctshooter,

Sorry to hijack your conversation with Chris...However, I too wish similar info.

I have a Leshiy 2 with a .25 cal barrel & 350MM length using the JSB's 25.XX grain pellets.....now Chrono @ 890 + or -

Seeking to ramp this up to approx 925 or 930 and willing to accept a bit of accuracy. Hopefully no more than 1/8 or 1/4"??? Do - Not do paper punch but rather Woods walker seeking for less rainbow and better expansion out to 75 yards on possible hollow point i.e. maybe .25 Hybrids?

Might you have insight as how to proceed i.e. Jet's to use or any other ways.

Thanks

Chris - I would have no idea where to begin. I've had my Leshiy 2 now for almost a year and been through many configurations. Probably best for me if you would be give a barrel caliber and length, the projectile and what fpe you're looking to get out of it. From there I can give you a starting point - but I'd fully recommend you to go a little above and below any settings I offer up to get the best out of your airgun.

Sean, I have a 350mm barrel in .25 cal. Right now with the JSB 25.39 pellets I am getting an average of 891 FPS and about 44.5 FPE. With the 34 grain pellets I am getting an average of 789 FPS and 47 FPE. I would like to get up to about 850 on the 34 grains as I find they shoot best at that speed or higher. That would equate to about 55 FPE.

I’m also thinking about, in the future, buying a 450mm barrel, also in .25, but possibly in .30 instead. I know that will get me more power. 

Chris

ctshooter,

Sorry to hijack your conversation with Chris...However, I too wish similar info.

I have a Leshiy 2 with a .25 cal barrel & 350MM length using the JSB's 25.XX grain pellets.....now Chrono @ 890 + or -

Seeking to ramp this up to approx 925 or 930 and willing to accept a bit of accuracy. Hopefully no more than 1/8 or 1/4"??? Do - Not do paper punch but rather Woods walker seeking for less rainbow and better expansion out to 75 yards on possible hollow point i.e. maybe .25 Hybrids?

Thanks

It is your thread after all............... ;)

So .25/350mm barrel and 25gr pellets. For the small increase you are looking for I would start with adjusting the regulator a bit. One hour (30 degrees) turn counter-clockwise will bump you up about 10 bar on the regulator. Try a small increase there first. 

@ChRiSiS - Chris - I think it's a good sign that both you and CheckUrSix are at the same stock starting point with 25gr pellets in the same barrel. Shows at least some consistency across the model line. If you want to get ~55fpe out of this setup I would start with 0.2mm/0.5mm and about 150 bar on the regulator. Play with the 0.5mm nozzle and bring it down to 0.4mm or 0.3mm for more power. 

To both guys - if you are looking for more power beyond the above you're going to need to look at the 450mm barrel. At this point, especially in .30, you're going to want to look at the larger plenum too. Larger plenum. .30/450mm barrel and 160bar reg and you'll easily be around 90fpe. I'm pushing the 50gr .30 JSB @ 890 fps with this setup with 0.2mm/0.3mm nozzles. 

ctshooter,

Thanks

It is your thread after all............... ;)

So .25/350mm barrel and 25gr pellets. For the small increase you are looking for I would start with adjusting the regulator a bit. One hour (30 degrees) turn counter-clockwise will bump you up about 10 bar on the regulator. Try a small increase there first. 

@ChRiSiS - Chris - I think it's a good sign that both you and CheckUrSix are at the same stock starting point with 25gr pellets in the same barrel. Shows at least some consistency across the model line. If you want to get ~55fpe out of this setup I would start with 0.2mm/0.5mm and about 150 bar on the regulator. Play with the 0.5mm nozzle and bring it down to 0.4mm or 0.3mm for more power. 

To both guys - if you are looking for more power beyond the above you're going to need to look at the 450mm barrel. At this point, especially in .30, you're going to want to look at the larger plenum too. Larger plenum. .30/450mm barrel and 160bar reg and you'll easily be around 90fpe. I'm pushing the 50gr .30 JSB @ 890 fps with this setup with 0.2mm/0.3mm nozzles.

Sean,

Thanks for the input. You are always helpful on stuff so a big shout out to you! I’m now pretty good at tuning my FX airguns, but know, relatively, next to nothing about the L2, so thi sis very helpful.

Chris

*Update....Not such a "NU-Bee" Buzz Buzz any more Just viewed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbUGfuuNtOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvdHL6rIRo

Now versed / armed on innards of Valve.....& Gotta LUV the simplicity so WE can work on these!

(1.)So Now Z question what Jets * Key #ered Jet's for Max Power ????...Sounds as if the 0.3mm is gold?

(2.) How many minutes turn On reg (Off OEM / Box new setting) .....to adjust *VALVE for Just this side of Maximum for Higher flow / FPS

In the interest of keeping my gun short KEY so D0-Not wish to increase barrel length additionally, (I have a custom Machined Mod (round and QUIET) configured to the 350 mm barrel!...... wish to get Just / Minuscule adj on Valve (do-Not wish to push anything to absolute MAX in Guns and Cars....however, Flirt with High end...this side o MAX.

Once achieved Chris after finding/results we need to post as there will no doubt be followers & we should Share!

Donald

*This is indeed possible:

Specs / Increase to be expected revealed via internet below:

In caliber .25 with 250 mm barrel, JSB 1.645 grams — 240 m/sec/864 f/sec, (47 Joules/35 fpe). From 250 bar down to 130 bar — 24-30 shots with standard reservoir (double) not with the bottle installed instead of the bottom reservoir. Regulator set to 130 bar. The more pressure after the regulator, the more energy it creates. 

In caliber .25 with 250 mm barrel, JSB 1.645 grams — 260 m/sec/936 f/sec, (56 Joules/41 fpe). From 250 bar down to 130 bar — 30 shots with standard reservoir (double) not with the bottle installed instead of the bottom reservoir. Regulator set to 130 bar. The more pressure after the regulator, the more energy it creates. 

At 936+ FPS in .25 w/ 350mm barrel (even less length than the stated 250mm Barrel) so it is definitely within reason....This is clearly where I wish to be maybe 940 to 945 FPS + less Rainbow & more expansion w/ hollow point.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this, but I'd love some thoughts on a couple of different tunes I'm playing with for the Leshiy 2. I have the .30 cal w/ 350 mm barrel. I want to use it for backyard plinking, but I also will head out to the woods behind my house to hog hunt. I've just ordered the Huma regulator and tester to better dial it in (waiting for them to arrive). For backyard stuff I've dialed the regulator down 30 minutes from the original setting. Brian told me the original setting came at 130 bar. I suspect I'm now regulated to 100 bar (according to EDgun YouTube video "Adjusting the regulator Leshiy 2") I've switched to the 1.2 jets, left the power puck as is, and I'm set up with the Vanir Mod 40 Silencer system. With this set up, I'm shooting 540 fps with JSB 50.15 gr, and it's backyard quiet. That should put me around ~32 FPE.

Now I'd like to take it to the other extreme for hog hunting (<60lbs - nothing too big). I'll be set up to take the shot at 20 yards. I intend to switch the jets back to .2, adjust the regulator up to 160 bar, but keep the 350mm barrel. I know I can get another 80fps with a 450 barrel, but I want to stay compact and prefer not having to switch the barrel if it can be avoided. I'm looking to use the AVS 55 gr slugs. I've seen Colorado Airgunner's video on his hog hunt (approx. 70lb hog), and he did it using a lighter slug and running his regulator at 145 bar. I figured more power is never a bad thing when it comes to hunting so I figured 160 bar would be better. My question is - Do you think there is better setup to get improved power for hunting short distances (<20 yards)?

Hey guys, I can only hope to gain your level of insight. Have been a traditional PCP user for about 18 months and only beginning to consider “re-tuning” those guns, Having mostly accepted the factory tunes for punching paper and occasional pest control from 10m-50m in my backyard range, using a garden variety of pellets, I have found the ones those guns seem to like best in .177-.25), so I’m not unhappy. Hoping to take my education to the next level with the L2. I am not restricted to sub12. I have a chrony and a reg gauge, and access to additional jets. My factory config is a .177/250 and using JSB 10.3 get a great grouping out to 25 yds, much less at 50yds (no surprise). My gun did not come with the REPR, so I bought it separately…now what and why did I do this, other than having the $$ at the time? I also have a .25 barrel on order. I do not plan to increase barrel length. 
I have not found any how-to/why videos for my setup…literally a newbie, I don’t even know how much disassembly is required to install the REPR. Do I remove the OEM factory regulator? Is there a specific video or other resource to help me learn? Any help from you experts is much appreciated.