• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 Megathread - It’s here!

Thank you Brian, Ed and Edgun Crew.

edgun words 3.1602051338.JPG

edgun words 4.1602051352.JPG

edgun words 7.1602051364.JPG

edgun words 10.1602051375.JPG

edgun words 11.1602051386.JPG

Just wanted to say I have received the Leshiy 2 and is extremely well machined , accurate and I am very happy with it. Have also ordered some of the Valkyrie accessories/moderator to arrive this week. We have made a “Pell-Lug” in .30 cal specifically for this gun. It has a hollow point with a fairly hollow base with overall slug design. Ballistic gel testing to be finished this week or next. Getting the sweet spot on the die for ideal grain weight. Thanks Brian and Ed for bringing such professionalism and outstanding quality to this sport/hobby.

Just wanted to say I have received the Leshiy 2 and is extremely well machined , accurate and I am very happy with it. Have also ordered some of the Valkyrie accessories/moderator to arrive this week. We have made a “Pell-Lug” in .30 cal specifically for this gun. It has a hollow point with a fairly hollow base with overall slug design. Ballistic gel testing to be finished this week or next. Getting the sweet spot on the die for ideal grain weight. Thanks Brian and Ed for bringing such professionalism and outstanding quality to this sport/hobby.

Happy to send a few to test if that helps

Congratulations! Those are some good numbers. Question on the pucks that you have. Are they at the widest opening (full bore) or are the ones you received smaller for the .22cal? Also, what is your reg set at? Filling to 265 bar down to set reg point, how many total shots are you getting before it comes off the reg?

My pucks appear the same as the ones I have seen on here. my digital mic is reading 7.35 / 7.36mm . I did not shoot it past the two mags yet. But it seems like 3+ mags will be no trouble the way it is tuned now out of the box.

I have the reg tester, but it is almost dark when I get home from work now, so it will probably be sometime this weekend before I can really get out and shoot again.

It really is just a fantastic setup and the semi-auto runs so smoothly. I can't wait to shoot it again soon. I will let you know as soon as I can on this.

I am going to set up my steel plates and do some timed runs steel challenge style........... 😁 Safely of course.

JT

So far, I love everything about it and will shoot some groups in the days to come.

I was excited, and did indeed accidentally shoot it without the mag in and lost my first pucking puck.......😕 good thing for the Spares

Thank you Brian, Ed and Edgun Crew.

Congrats you lucky somanabatch :) - but if the L2 is anything like the Leshiy Classic, you don't own it - it own you!

I will have to wait a month or so but I don't mind, I enjoy the excitement and to read about all your joys over your new toys - please keep it coming, what a ride this have been up to now..

Thanks towle, Yes it really has been a fun "ride" these folks have driven for us. I enjoyed it all from the first "Anubis" video right on through.

Ed's, Brian's, and tflatts99' videos and all of the forum posts here made the wait much more bearable for this guy at least.

Hang on!! that month will go by fast for you I hope. I have a powder burner frame pre-ordered that I am still waiting to be machined well over a year later.......

JT

Congratulations! Those are some good numbers. Question on the pucks that you have. Are they at the widest opening (full bore) or are the ones you received smaller for the .22cal? Also, what is your reg set at? Filling to 265 bar down to set reg point, how many total shots are you getting before it comes off the reg?

My pucks appear the same as the ones I have seen on here. my digital mic is reading 7.35 / 7.36mm . I did not shoot it past the two mags yet. But it seems like 3+ mags will be no trouble the way it is tuned now out of the box.

I have the reg tester, but it is almost dark when I get home from work now, so it will probably be sometime this weekend before I can really get out and shoot again.

It really is just a fantastic setup and the semi-auto runs so smoothly. I can't wait to shoot it again soon. I will let you know as soon as I can on this.

I am going to set up my steel plates and do some timed runs steel challenge style........... 😁 Safely of course.

JT

Thanks for the update. The steel plates sound fun. I'm just trying to absorb all the L2 info I could get so I know what to expect when I receive mine. It definitely has been a fun ride from the beginning.

Quick data points on L2 as out of box and assembled.

350 .22 long barrel

No idea of reg setting. Not going to mess with that yet.

pellets used old grey can JSB 18.1.

Chronograph in a prochno digital with indoor light kit.

No shooting for accuracy just wanted to see some numbers.

No dry fires at all. All shots were with pellets even virgin first shot.

incremental magazine Approx gun CHRONO
shot number BAR reading Reading

Start from fill as received 150
1 1 150 946 Not uncommon high 1st shot reg creep
2 1 150 910
3 1 145 907
4 1 142 903
5 1 132 902
6 1 129 902
7 1 125 903
8 1 120 894 Stopped for refill to about 240
9 2 240 909
10 2 235 907
11 2 230 908
12 2 225 906
13 2 220 907
14 2 215 907
15 2 210 903
16 2 205 903
17 3 200 906
18 3 195 901
19 3 190 899
20 3 185 902
21 3 180 902
22 3 175 902
23 3 170 900
24 3 169 901
25 4 165 903
26 4 160 904
27 4 155 902
28 4 150 899
29 4 146 901
30 4 141 901
31 4 140 900
32 4 135 904
33 5 130 890
34 5 125 883
35 5 122 877
36 5 120 871
37 5 118 863
38 5 115 854
39 5 110 848
40 5 105 841 Stopped

Looks like about 5 bar per shot.
3 mags from about 240 to 130.
Appears reg is set pretty close to 130. Gun gauge appears to be sticky at some points.

Gun fires quite smooth at this level - no kick or jump to speak of.
Cycling is very smooth so far.
Cover plates are a pain to get off magazines. A magnet with cloth cover (to protect plates)
was an easy solution.
Magazine is a little bit of a pain to remove and remount. I need better technique.
Filling gun was easy.
Folds and unfolds very smoothly.
Utilized stock moderator. Seemed not to bad for in basement. Next up is a Valkrie (sp) test.
Could always be quieter.
Trigger very adequate for me. I can’t feel well and pull harder than most anyway.
Trigger definitely not a sore or sour point. It moves very freely.

Safety lever - Remember red is danger ready to shoot - gun is hot and will fire.
White is safety on — no fire - but always practice good safety skills - act like its broke.
Safety worked every time for me.

Very solidly built. No slop. Positive engagements. Grip is quite nice for a large palmed and hand person. Will probably experiment with a different grip sometime in the future due to my hand size.

So far I would buy it again.

Thanks to Brian. Smooth transaction from start to finish.

I owned the leshiy 2 for 2 days before I sold it.

Short version of the story: I had both an .22 FX impact compact and the .22 long leshiy 2 with plans to keep only the one I liked best. I chose the the impact. 

Long version: The leshiy 2 is a great gun. It is light and feels lighter than it is because most of the weight is in the rear where it rest on your shoulder. Semi auto is definitely a ton of fun. The craftmanship, build, and finish is the best I have seen. The thing is beautiful and just plain cool. It is the perfect "walk through the woods and stalk squirrels" gun. I would feel like I was cheating if I did a run and gun on some squirrels with a short range optic fitted. Now for the things I didn't like. Yes the mag plate is hard to get off but I see that subject has been covered. The trigger feel is weird. It has a trigger pull instead of a trigger break. It is smooth and feels good but just different. It takes some practice time to be able to shoot accurately. The sound is also very different. It sounds like an air-nailer. I've read people are complaining that it is loud but it's really not that loud. The sound it makes is not like the normal quick pop or crack it is a longer sound and I think seems louder for that reason. Accuracy was decent. I was getting a little over a half inch at 50 yards in no wind with JSB 18gr. With slugs I had zero luck. I tried a few different nielsen slugs .217 and .218 in different weights and also fx hybrids. The best accuracy I got was 3/4 inch at 30 yards with .217 nielsen 24gr. I do not know if slugs will ever shoot accurately because of them being fired from a magazine. The biggest reason I chose the impact over the leshiy 2 is because I chose being able to hit a target from 200 yards away over a smaller, lighter, fun to shoot semi auto. The leshiy 2 is a great gun but people are different, we like different things, and the Leshiy 2 wasn't what I liked.

Reactions: sonny