• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 Megathread - It’s here!

Turn those hearing aids down a bit. Have you never shot suppressed firearms before? They’re not mouse fart quiet, unlike what Hollywood makes you believe. They still make noise. 
If you want quiet, stick to your traditional PCP’s and springers. This is a totally new platform. 
I’ve already told you several posts before: this is not a traditional PCP. It’s not really marketed for the backyard plinker although it’s popular on this AGN board because Edgun has been a PCP manufacturer up to now. 
This gun is really turning heads with the firearm folks and they can’t get enough of it. It’ll be marketed for that crossover platform more so than just purely the airgun industry. It’s all over Instagram. 
It hasn’t been designed with the traditional air gunner in mind, rather the AR-15 junkie. 

Why is it that you can't make any objective statements about a product without people resorting to snide remarks or insults? I'm not 21 anymore but I'm far from needing a hearing aid. I've been on these forums for years and those of you that know me know that I'm pretty objective - if some thing is great, I'll applaud it. If there's some thing that needs improvement, I'm going to point it out. I was one of the first people to point out how ridiculous the tiny fill port opening was on the original FX Impact because it made it impossible to fill the damned rifle and, low and behold, over time that was addressed. The magnetic magazine covers on these 2.0's fall into a similar category - either grow a coke addict fingernail or attach a magnet to your rifle to just load your mag? That's the answer for a $2500 rifle?

Yeah I get your angle that this is revolutionary, cross-over event . . . but it is, after all, the LESHIY 2.0 - meaning that it is the evolution of the previous Leshiy Classic. If it's an entirely different beast, why not call it something entirely different in a whole new category? This rifle is building off the success of the Classic so how are you going to blame people for comparing it to its older sibling?

Just because I said something that wasn't 1000% positive on the 2.0 doesn't mean that I don't think it's a great product - it's just not perfect and, like anything else on here, shouldn't be accepted as-is as gospel truth and perfect. The fact of the matter is, out of the box, this rifle is much louder than most will expect - there's no denying that.

Reactions: sonny
This thread is about the Leshiy 2 and you're gonna get the good and the bad. It does the forum a disservice if every comment based on real world use is met with mockery. It's a really cool gun and I can't put it down, but it's loud because it has a high dwell time. I think you will see, as many get their L2s, a similar complaint resound through the forum. I wouldn't be surprised if a v.2 version of the L2 provides the end user some level of control over dwell time.

If you've got the space to shoot the L2 without bothering anyone, then I am jealous. But whether or not the L2 creates a crossover between the airgun and firearm platform, it is still an airgun. I certainly don't expect to take my big bores out to the backyard, but I would like to be able to shoot a .22 airgun. 

Reactions: yenniedn
This thread is about the Leshiy 2 and you're gonna get the good and the bad. It does the forum a disservice if every comment based on real world use is met with mockery. It's a really cool gun and I can't put it down, but it's loud because it has a high dwell time. I think you will see, as many get their L2s, a similar complaint resound through the forum. I wouldn't be surprised if a v.2 version of the L2 provides the end user some level of control over dwell time.

If you've got the space to shoot the L2 without bothering anyone, then I am jealous. But whether or not the L2 creates a crossover between the airgun and firearm platform, it is still an airgun. I certainly don't expect to take my big bores out to the backyard, but I would like to be able to shoot a .22 airgun.

Preach...+1 to you.

Yeah, I get your angle that this is revolutionary, cross-over event . . . but it is, after all, the LESHIY 2.0 – meaning that it is the evolution of the previous Leshiy Classic. If it's an entirely different beast, why not call it something entirely different in a whole new category? This rifle is building off the success of the Classic so how are you going to blame people for comparing it to its older sibling?

I have to take some blame for this, Ed told me "this is not a Leshiy" when he was prototyping. I asked him to keep the name for the SEO of Leshiy, ultimately Ed decided on the name but this is not anything like the original (except it folds).

Yeah, I get your angle that this is revolutionary, cross-over event . . . but it is, after all, the LESHIY 2.0 – meaning that it is the evolution of the previous Leshiy Classic. If it's an entirely different beast, why not call it something entirely different in a whole new category? This rifle is building off the success of the Classic so how are you going to blame people for comparing it to its older sibling?

I have to take some blame for this, Ed told me "this is not a Leshiy" when he was prototyping. I asked him to keep the name for the SEO of Leshiy, ultimately Ed decided on the name but this is not anything like the original (except it folds).

And THIS is the beauty of the forum and how discussions should be handled. Ed himself responded earlier in the thread to explain the heavier trigger and it makes perfect sense for safety purposes not to have a hair trigger on the 2.0 - so I get it. Brian now explains the logic behind the branding/marketing and, while I might have done it differently, I now understand that thought process and can live with it.

But the point is, reasonable explanations and logic go so much further than mocking people that are just pointing out real-world observations about a new product.

Has any of the Leshiy 2 owners have numbers on their magazines? I remember Brian emailed out updates in July that over 100 improvements were made and one of them was the magazine. “The magazine now numbered, and this will let you know when down to your last shot.” I’m wondering if I got the original magazine cause my don’t have the numbers and even the owners manual shows numbers on the magazine. 

Yesterday I had the pleasure of handling one of these in .22 form and even shooting it. It is a very nice unit. I still consider it backyard friendly however it is louder than my .22 sk19 with a donny shogun blowing a jsb 18.13 gr at 1036fps. Its also louder than my .22 fx compact impact with a donny shogun and the same jsb pellets I have not chronied either to see how hard they were pushing the pellets though.

Has any of the Leshiy 2 owners have numbers on their magazines? I remember Brian emailed out updates in July that over 100 improvements were made and one of them was the magazine. “The magazine now numbered, and this will let you know when down to your last shot.” I’m wondering if I got the original magazine cause my don’t have the numbers and even the owners manual shows numbers on the magazine.

None of the magazines were numbered on this shipment, the magazines you have are not old, the finish is completely different from the prototype, sometimes it takes a while for upgrades to happen

brian

We failed to number fhe magazine and the new edition of the Manual will have no pictures of the numbered magazine. Sorry for that. On the other hand, having shot L2 for a long time I automatically count the shots :) Like I used to do it with my AKMS while being in the forces. I easily determened when only one bullet left in the magazinie to replace it :) The old skills are welcomed again ;-0 Even when somebody is shooting L2 I automatically count the shots :)

We failed to number fhe magazine and the new edition of the Manual will have no pictures of the numbered magazine. Sorry for that. On the other hand, having shot L2 for a long time I automatically count the shots :) Like I used to do it with my AKMS while being in the forces. I easily determened when only one bullet left in the magazinie to replace it :) The old skills are welcomed again ;-0 Even when somebody is shooting L2 I automatically count the shots :)

I too count my shots👍

11C2ABCC-2D8B-4180-A875-969400E7ECCC.1601940585.jpeg
FCD1F1D0-5641-43D6-A0A0-0E7CA48FF619.1601940586.jpeg

Increased the length of the 250 stock to the Tishina 200x350 bbl

much more quiet

I was curious about the difference in sound between the Leshiy and Leshiy 2 based on earlier discussions. I setup a quick test today. The test is far from scientific but it gives me an idea of the sound levels. The Leshiy is .177 with 250mm barrel shooting JSB 13.43 gr pellets at 830 fps. The Leshiy 2 is .177 with 350 barrel shooting JSB 13.43 at 896 fps. The sound meter was positioned the same distance from where the Leshiy's break for being folded. This correlates more or less to where my ear is positioned.

Leshiy Sound Reading.1602010907.JPG

Leshiy Sound Reading

Leshiy Sound Test.1602011069.JPG

Leshiy Sound Test

Leshiy 2 Sound Reading.1602011146.JPG

Leshiy 2 Sound Reading

Leshiy 2 Sound Test.1602011178.JPG

Leshiy 2 Sound Test

"There are many like it but this one is MINE!"

20201006_2012233842.1602030831.jpg

And it is incredibly Awesome!

Edgun Leshiy II #0125, from Russia with love!

.22cal 350mm Looks, Shoots and sounds great. 

Here is a 15 shot thread fresh out of the box today from Brian @ Edgun West.

Shot count: 15 Because I did not have the FX Chrono connected on the first shot.

16 total shots from 265bar to 185bar with JSB 15.89gr Jumbo's 33ft lbs.
Low: 963
Hi: 974
Avg: 968
STD Dev: 3.6
Spread: 11.0

10/6/20 7:00:53 PM,967
10/6/20 7:00:59 PM,963
10/6/20 7:01:09 PM,967
10/6/20 7:01:17 PM,965
10/6/20 7:01:22 PM,963
10/6/20 7:01:29 PM,965
10/6/20 7:01:44 PM,967
10/6/20 7:02:15 PM,972
10/6/20 7:02:20 PM,974
10/6/20 7:02:25 PM,965
10/6/20 7:02:31 PM,974
10/6/20 7:02:36 PM,967
10/6/20 7:02:40 PM,970
10/6/20 7:02:46 PM,972
10/6/20 7:02:51 PM,965

So far, I love everything about it and will shoot some groups in the days to come.

I was excited, and did indeed accidentally shoot it without the mag in and lost my first pucking puck.......😕 good thing for the Spares

Thank you Brian, Ed and Edgun Crew.

So far, I love everything about it and will shoot some groups in the days to come.

I was excited, and did indeed accidentally shoot it without the mag in and lost my first pucking puck.......😕 good thing for the Spares

Thank you Brian, Ed and Edgun Crew.

Congrats you lucky somanabatch :) - but if the L2 is anything like the Leshiy Classic, you don't own it - it own you!

I will have to wait a month or so but I don't mind, I enjoy the excitement and to read about all your joys over your new toys - please keep it coming, what a ride this have been up to now..