EDgun Leshiy 2 Megathread - It’s here!

Is the Leshiy 2 accurate? When was the last time you did a 4x tap into less than 1" at 40 yards?

Leshiy 2 Accuracy - 1.1601760352.jpeg

Above target @ 42 yards with 8x scope. JSB 15.9 @ 700fps. First shot upper left in the green. Then three shots into the red. The a 4x tap into the red. I mean seriously - pop, pop, pop, pop in under 3 seconds and under 1.5" group at 42 yards. I am pleased - my neighbors probably not - the Leshiy 2 is not backyard friendly even at 80 bar. I had a thwump sent back at me from the end of the yard at ~50 yards that I felt. 

Some messing around with settings this morning.

Reduced the reg to just under 80 bar. Pushing .22 JSB 15.9gr pellets @ 700fps with the 250mm barrel. Noise levels pretty decent. There's still a distinct thwump of air with each shot. 

Also swapped in the .30 350mm barrel to see how it does. With the same 80bar reg I am getting 44.75gr pellets @ 525fps for ~27fpe. And only used 30 bar of air for 8 shots. 

The regulator seems to adjust at about 10-12bar per hour of rotation. Access to the regulator is well thought out. Bleed the air (see pic above), slide back neoprene sleeve and the top tube unscrews in the middle for easy reg access. 

BIG PROBLEM REPORT!!! - Each time I put in a new magazine I relax, sight in the target and thwump. Then I sight in again, squeeze the trigger and thwump. For some weird reason, and before I take my eye away from the sight again, the next six rounds just seem to go thwump........thwump...thwump..thwump.thwump.thwump. My targets are shredded and it still keeps happening with each new magazine. My wallet is concerned there may be no fix for this situation and my Shoebox is running overtime this weekend.

LOL - I saw BIG PROBLEM REPORT and was concerned there was some huge, life threatening flaw to be revealed!

I'm looking to turn down my reg b/c I don't need this thing flinging JSB's at 950fps! Can you provide more details on how you adjusted your reg?

That was just an attention getter and a poor attempt at humor..........

The reg is pretty easy to get to. Bleed the air using the tiny grub screw - it's in a picture circled if you go back a few posts. Then slide back the neoprene sleeve and you'll see the split in the upper tube. Unscrew at that split. The reg has to hex screws - the top one I believe is just to hold the setting in place and it's a 4mm hex. It's threaded CCW rather than CW so keep that in mind. Under that is the reg set hex which is 3mm. As I mentioned it's about 10-12 bar per hour of rotation. CW to lower pressure, CCW to raise pressure. 

What happens when you guys slowly squeeze the trigger when you dry fire the L2? Does it sound like air is slowly escaping until the trigger breaks and then thwap? That's what mine sounds like. Any one else?

definitely don't feather this trigger... to be honest, you shouldn't be doing that period. The first week I had this gun I realized I had some stuff to work on form wise.

What happens when you guys slowly squeeze the trigger when you dry fire the L2? Does it sound like air is slowly escaping until the trigger breaks and then thwap? That's what mine sounds like. Any one else?

definitely don't feather this trigger... to be honest, you shouldn't be doing that period. The first week I had this gun I realized I had some stuff to work on form wise.

The air leak before the thwap has gotten better as I've shot more. After 100 our so rounds I think everything is sealing better. 

The trigger experience is a new one for me too. It's like you are pressing the valve open and then the cycle happens. 

I pulled a scope off an old Matador R3, and after moving to the Leshiy 2 it was about 5 minutes high. Pretty much everything I own inc. powder burners has 20-30 minutes built in.

Just sharing the info because a lot of other manufacturers still don't take this into account (FX, Daystate, etc). Sometimes, special rings or bases with fixed or adjustable MOA have to be purchased. Considering that shooting .25 and .30 calibers at slower speeds or pushing them further out, it's reassuring. 

The air leak before the thwap has gotten better as I've shot more. After 100 our so rounds I think everything is sealing better. 

The trigger experience is a new one for me too. It's like you are pressing the valve open and then the cycle happens.

@Ctshooter

ThanKs CT shooter.Yeah it helps to share feedback... Especially with any new PCP and especially one that is literally newly designed like the L2. I can literally hear the air before the trigger breaks. I wouldn't call it feathering the trigger either. This isn't some prototype....I'm getting used to this trigger before and after it breaks... 

I noticed the same air release if I slowly pulled the trigger. I pasted my notes on today's testing below.

Having problem getting use to trigger. I have shot ~1,400 pellets through my Pulsar HP .177 in the last month. The Pulsar has a trigger pull of 3 oz. The Leshiy 2 has a trigger pull of 2lb 5 oz. This isn’t a knock on the Leshiy 2 trigger, just the differences between the 2 triggers. The Leshiy 2 trigger has a very light first stage and a firm second stage. As I put more pellets through the Leshiy 2 I am getting better at controlling its trigger. One thing I did notice is if I pull slowly through the Leshiy 2 second stage the valve starts to release a small amount of air to prior to full release. The best trigger pull method I have found so far is engage the second stage and then when ready to take the shot, quickly pull through, but not jerk the trigger. I need to better develop my trigger technique before I do any serious shooting of groups.

About the trigger. let me explain the situation. 

1. That is semi-auto. Plus to that fact that is semiauto gun which is ready to shoot immidiately as soon as it is unfolded if the pellet is in the magazine. 

So, we decided that it would be more safe to have not very light trigger from the safefy reason. So, it weights about 0.8 -- 1 kg. OK, for exemple my Remington R-25 .308 win has 2.3 kg.

https://youtu.be/Iz_8PEA3RaA?t=293

and that still allow me to have the accuracy at 100 meters 17 mm on the edges of the holes with RWS 12.3 grams bullet.

2. While pushing the trigger the shooter pushs directly to the valve. 

No doubt we would make some intermidiary mechanismus to make it smoother and lighter, to use a very light hammer etc. But our task was to make as simpliest (read relaible) gun, as possible. That is why not hammers, not intimidiaries rods, levers etc. In fact you just direct pulles the initial valve to open.

3. The small amount of air released if you are able to push the trigger slowly.

That is the system of the valve. To open the main valve one should open the initial valve first, by pushing to it directly. There is a ball inside, 2.5 mm diameter, so you are directly push that ball, which is pressured with the 130 bar (if the regulator is set to 130 bar). If your fingers are sensitive enough you can keep it a little be opened to hear the sound of the air going out of the main valve chamber to the atmosphere, as soon as the volume of that air gets the definite amount, the main valve opens.

Don't forget that is not the classical PCP valve, that is something new. To me it has more advantages, than disadvantages in comparison to the "classic" sheme. Just get used to it, like you get used to a new car, house, wife... :)

4. The power regulating. 

The simpliest is to regulate it with the setting the regulator. Yes, to regulate it with the puck :) doesn't give you too much adventage from poin of view the air consumption, it can just decrease the speed of the pellet. Here we go again, like with Matador and other guns made by us -- too much energy for the backyard use. And that is a real nightmare for me regarding guns shipped to UK with their stupid energy restrictions. Just take into consideration the fact, that I develope the guns to get as much energy as possible and all is focused on that. No doubt I know how to depress the energy not with the regulators or pucks, but I doubt that majority of the users can do that without the special skills. For those with the right hands growing from the right place that is not a problem, no doubt, but having the experience of what people are able to do with the guns, considereing themselves a real masters, not being in that status holds me not to tell how to do it :) Sorry for that, but I prefer to tell everything directly and honest. So, I am thinking now about the best solutoin regarding this. For now it seems to me that the best solution woulcd be to instruct the representatives how to do it. but they have to get the instructions from the users, what energy they would like to have with their guns :) But people are so changable, you know, today one wants to kill rats on the backyard and tomorrow to shoot 200 meters long... Those are contradictory tasks... I am thinking...

With the best regards

Ed

• This is my first semi-auto PCP since the FX Monsoon about a decade ago and it's definitely different knowing that the rifle's potentially ready to fire when a mag is installed and the rifle is not folded. It makes you much, much more conscious of making sure the safety is on all the time. Yes, it's basic gun safety but it still makes you a little more conscious of the safety factor.

I own the FX Monsoon, the big problem I see is the Monsoon is potentially ready to fire without the mag in the rifle

No way to unload/make safe a Monsoon but to take out the mag and shoot (waste) the pellet in the chamber 

I think the vast majority of people buying the Leshiy 2 or any Edgun rifle need to stop thinking of these guns as BB guns and as legit killing machines that are blurring the line between the airgun world and the firearm world. 
Once you wrap your mind around the fact that the Leshiy 2 is the stepping stone to firearms without the background checks, you’ll view these guns differently. These are not backyard plinkers out of the box. They’re intended to put a hurt on whatever is in front of the barrel at full power. 
The trigger on the L2 is fantastic especially for firearm enthusiasts thinking of getting into airguns. You’re pulling a lightened Timney trigger, which most firearms guys only dream of on their AR-15 platforms. 
I personally do not want a hair trigger of <1 lb on this L2 platform for safety reasons. 
Y’all better freshen up your gun safety skills because you’re now dealing with something the airgun world hasn’t seen but 100% firearms guys are very familiar with.
Seriously, this new platform Ed introduced is about the leave the airgun world in the dust and will cater to the traditional powder burner guys, and for that, I’m glad.