• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 Megathread - It’s here!

Thats some bad news about the NSA slugs, I wonder if that is across the board for all calibers.

Fedex says my Leshiy 2 will be here by "end of day" (meaning I'll be sitting by the door waiting and they'll drop it off at 7:30pm tonight.... LOL).

I've got a selection of slugs in .22 and .30 to test out. I didn't realize the .22 barrels are LW instead of Alfa. Here's hoping they are unchoked. 

Leshiy 2 arrived. Trying to get a feel for the overall platform. According to the reg tester I'm at 133 bar on a .22 250mm barrel and shooting the JSB 18gr @ 820fps. I'd like to bring the reg down a bit, but haven't figured out how yet. There's a couple of set screws that don't seem to make much sense to me so I will wait until Brian is able to post some more videos. 

It's pushing a lot of air stock and it's a big low pressure thump you hear and feel each shot.

Here is the one thing I do know. I need more pellets!

.22 Slugs - no accuracy testing yet but so far:

- Griffin 19g slugs fall through

- FX slugs fall through

- H&N .218 fit

- H&N Rabbit Magnum fit

DIY LESHIY MAGNETIC MAG TOOL

D6DC516E-2A51-4026-B789-69BD1B73D518.1601680220.jpeg

https://youtu.be/ydr9vjTKwkE

Amazon links:

Strong Neodymium Disc Magnets (6... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WJMSCR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 Pack Heavy Duty Retractable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GWQF47D?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Weekend update:

I got my replacement 0.25 350mm long delivered yesterday (was originally sent a 0.30 caliber long by mistake) and so happy to be able to shoot it this weekend! It was painful to have the 0.30 in hand for a couple of days and not even be able to test fire it since I don't have any 0.30 pellets. Now that I have the correct rifle in my possession, here are some additional initial impressions:

• This is my first semi-auto PCP since the FX Monsoon about a decade ago and it's definitely different knowing that the rifle's potentially ready to fire when a mag is installed and the rifle is not folded. It makes you much, much more conscious of making sure the safety is on all the time. Yes, it's basic gun safety but it still makes you a little more conscious of the safety factor.
  • The 350mm version is just about the perfect length for me; it's 29.5" from end to end and just under 18" when folded.
  • Shoulders really well and pretty light (fully dressed with Vector scope/level, monopod and extra mag it only weighs 7lbs 5oz).
  • The laminate grip is much nicer and more comfortable than the crappy plastic one on the original Leshiy. You certainly don't need to replace it with an aftermarket grip but knowing that there will be plenty of nice ones available, I'll probably try a few just for sh@ts and giggles.
  • The foam padding inside the factory box has excess glue residue that rubs off onto the rifle in a few areas, making those areas rough to the touch. At first I thought that the affected areas were scratched/damaged during shipping or just poor build quality but a little rubbing alcohol takes the glue right off and everything's good as new again.
  • The magazine covers are damned near impossible to remove with your fingernails - it appears that Ed could have made the outer diameter a little bigger so the cover would protrude even 1mm beyond the magazine so that you can get a hold of it with your fingernails. I really don't want to attach an unsightly magnet to the rifle so will wait to see if there's a better solution . . . but for now, it's been easiest for me to use a small allen wrench go through the underside of the mag where the inside of the cover does have an overhang from the pellet hole opening and just push the cover off.
  • The Leshiy 2.0 in 0.25 350mm is A LOT louder than my previous Leshiy Classic 0.25 350mm . . . but, to be fair, my old Classic was modded by Ernest (factory shroud was vented) and had a DonnyFL extended shroud/baffle installed. I hope there's an easy way to quiet it down without making the 2.0 longer (or spending another $400+ on another shroud/baffle/moderator setup). As is, this Leshiy 2.0 is easily the loudest PCP I own. Need to check the chrony to see how hot it's shooting and tune it down as needed. 
  • The trigger is pretty heavy. It appears to have 2 stages so it's better than the original Leshiy but the second stage takes a decent amount of force before it breaks. Will take some getting used to for sure.
  • My replacement rifle came completely empty of air - which was very surprising. Sure enough, after filling it to 200bar last night, it leaked down to less than 50bar when I checked it this morning. That was certainly a bummer but a quick text to Brian and a quick quarter turn to the drain screw resolved it - it's this screw here:

leshiy2z.1601741418.jpg

And last but not least, no rifle is truly mine until it gets some carbon fiber wrap on it so here it is all ready to get sighted in today:

leshiy2b.1601741553.jpg
leshiy2a.1601741553.jpg

Reactions: Peskådot671
Some messing around with settings this morning.

Reduced the reg to just under 80 bar. Pushing .22 JSB 15.9gr pellets @ 700fps with the 250mm barrel. Noise levels pretty decent. There's still a distinct thwump of air with each shot. 

Also swapped in the .30 350mm barrel to see how it does. With the same 80bar reg I am getting 44.75gr pellets @ 525fps for ~27fpe. And only used 30 bar of air for 8 shots. 

The regulator seems to adjust at about 10-12bar per hour of rotation. Access to the regulator is well thought out. Bleed the air (see pic above), slide back neoprene sleeve and the top tube unscrews in the middle for easy reg access. 

BIG PROBLEM REPORT!!! - Each time I put in a new magazine I relax, sight in the target and thwump. Then I sight in again, squeeze the trigger and thwump. For some weird reason, and before I take my eye away from the sight again, the next six rounds just seem to go thwump........thwump...thwump..thwump.thwump.thwump. My targets are shredded and it still keeps happening with each new magazine. My wallet is concerned there may be no fix for this situation and my Shoebox is running overtime this weekend. 

Reactions: Peskådot671
Weekend update:

I got my replacement 0.25 350mm long delivered yesterday (was originally sent a 0.30 caliber long by mistake) and so happy to be able to shoot it this weekend! It was painful to have the 0.30 in hand for a couple of days and not even be able to test fire it since I don't have any 0.30 pellets. Now that I have the correct rifle in my possession, here are some additional initial impressions:

• This is my first semi-auto PCP since the FX Monsoon about a decade ago and it's definitely different knowing that the rifle's potentially ready to fire when a mag is installed and the rifle is not folded. It makes you much, much more conscious of making sure the safety is on all the time. Yes, it's basic gun safety but it still makes you a little more conscious of the safety factor.
  • The 350mm version is just about the perfect length for me; it's 29.5" from end to end and just under 18" when folded.
  • Shoulders really well and pretty light (fully dressed with Vector scope/level, monopod and extra mag it only weighs 7lbs 5oz).
  • The laminate grip is much nicer and more comfortable than the crappy plastic one on the original Leshiy. You certainly don't need to replace it with an aftermarket grip but knowing that there will be plenty of nice ones available, I'll probably try a few just for sh@ts and giggles.
  • The foam padding inside the factory box has excess glue residue that rubs off onto the rifle in a few areas, making those areas rough to the touch. At first I thought that the affected areas were scratched/damaged during shipping or just poor build quality but a little rubbing alcohol takes the glue right off and everything's good as new again.
  • The magazine covers are damned near impossible to remove with your fingernails - it appears that Ed could have made the outer diameter a little bigger so the cover would protrude even 1mm beyond the magazine so that you can get a hold of it with your fingernails. I really don't want to attach an unsightly magnet to the rifle so will wait to see if there's a better solution . . . but for now, it's been easiest for me to use a small allen wrench go through the underside of the mag where the inside of the cover does have an overhang from the pellet hole opening and just push the cover off.
  • The Leshiy 2.0 in 0.25 350mm is A LOT louder than my previous Leshiy Classic 0.25 350mm . . . but, to be fair, my old Classic was modded by Ernest (factory shroud was vented) and had a DonnyFL extended shroud/baffle installed. I hope there's an easy way to quiet it down without making the 2.0 longer (or spending another $400+ on another shroud/baffle/moderator setup). As is, this Leshiy 2.0 is easily the loudest PCP I own. Need to check the chrony to see how hot it's shooting and tune it down as needed. 
  • The trigger is pretty heavy. It appears to have 2 stages so it's better than the original Leshiy but the second stage takes a decent amount of force before it breaks. Will take some getting used to for sure.
  • My replacement rifle came completely empty of air - which was very surprising. Sure enough, after filling it to 200bar last night, it leaked down to less than 50bar when I checked it this morning. That was certainly a bummer but a quick text to Brian and a quick quarter turn to the drain screw resolved it - it's this screw here:

leshiy2z.1601741418.jpg

And last but not least, no rifle is truly mine until it gets some carbon fiber wrap on it so here it is all ready to get sighted in today:

leshiy2b.1601741553.jpg
leshiy2a.1601741553.jpg

The 350mm gun comes shooting .25 cal 34gr like 900fps... out of an 13in barrel. LOL. What on earth do you expect. The impact is going to be CRAZY. Slow it down, and/or buy a valkyrie system. I had the 250mm going 780 with the 34's and it was just that low thud noise. Like a nail gun w/o the high pitch of the nail hitting the wood kind of noise. Not like a gun at all though, and the low tone doesn't travel.

I like that wrap though... nice job on that... looks cool.

tflats,, 

350 mm barrel is just shy of 14", which makes your comments even more amazing. My .25 long (350 mm) came shooting an average of 938 fps/ 49.6 fpe with JSB 25.4 gr.

Low.....927.7.....fpe...48.55
High....952.4.....fpe...51.17
Av........938.0.....fpe...49.64
ES........24.75
No where as hot as your gun you mentioned with 350 mm barrel shooting 900 fps with jsb 34's. Perhaps you meant 450mm barrel which in turn would be an 18" barrel. Any chance of providing a tutorial on how to tune the Leshiy II? 

Appreciate all your recent posting, thanks

Yen, very nice write up, looking forward to a follow up. Cheers

Edit. tflats, I see you edited your post while I was responding. A big wow to your results. Amazing little gun!

The 350mm gun comes shooting .25 cal 34gr like 900fps... out of an 13in barrel. LOL. What on earth do you expect. The impact is going to be CRAZY. Slow it down, and/or buy a valkyrie system. I had the 250mm going 780 with the 34's and it was just that low thud noise. Like a nail gun w/o the high pitch of the nail hitting the wood kind of noise. Not like a gun at all though, and the low tone doesn't travel.

I like that wrap though... nice job on that... looks cool.

What I DIDN'T expect is for it to be set at the factory to launch 25.4g JSB's at 950-960fps . . . that's crazy hot for most of us I think. I'm going lower it to something in the low 800's to reduce the noise and air consumption. Now which of Brian's videos has the instructions to adjust the reg???

Some messing around with settings this morning.

Reduced the reg to just under 80 bar. Pushing .22 JSB 15.9gr pellets @ 700fps with the 250mm barrel. Noise levels pretty decent. There's still a distinct thwump of air with each shot. 

Also swapped in the .30 350mm barrel to see how it does. With the same 80bar reg I am getting 44.75gr pellets @ 525fps for ~27fpe. And only used 30 bar of air for 8 shots. 

The regulator seems to adjust at about 10-12bar per hour of rotation. Access to the regulator is well thought out. Bleed the air (see pic above), slide back neoprene sleeve and the top tube unscrews in the middle for easy reg access. 

BIG PROBLEM REPORT!!! - Each time I put in a new magazine I relax, sight in the target and thwump. Then I sight in again, squeeze the trigger and thwump. For some weird reason, and before I take my eye away from the sight again, the next six rounds just seem to go thwump........thwump...thwump..thwump.thwump.thwump. My targets are shredded and it still keeps happening with each new magazine. My wallet is concerned there may be no fix for this situation and my Shoebox is running overtime this weekend.

LOL - I saw BIG PROBLEM REPORT and was concerned there was some huge, life threatening flaw to be revealed!

I'm looking to turn down my reg b/c I don't need this thing flinging JSB's at 950fps! Can you provide more details on how you adjusted your reg?

Yen, not sure if there is a tuning video at this time. Sure would be appreciated, no don't Brian or Ed will have one soon. It maybe as simple as having different pucks drilled to pacific sizes at a set regulator pressure. Wouldn't that be sweet, quick and easy.

Cheers

I get that we can adjust the fps by customizing the pucks - but the pucks only restrict the amount of air going from the transfer port to the pellet/barrel. That's not what I'm after long term because this thing is crazy loud out of the box for my purposes and I assume it wastes more air than is necessary if I don't need 950fps on my 25.4g JSBs. So the thought is to adjust the reg so that it inherently shoots the 25.4g's in the low/mid 800fps (thats all I need to dispatch squirrels at 30/40yds). I figure that setting would be a lot quieter and give you a few more shots per fill as well.

I bought this 2.0 to replace my Classic because I want something under 30" that folds to about a foot and a half for a backpack. I don't want to slap a 6" mod on this thing to quiet it down and make it longer than my Impact - which would defeat the whole purpose of getting this rifle to begin with.

I can fix that! Just send it to me. Return postage not necessary... ;-) 

Sounds like a nice first-world problem to have!

GsT