• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 Megathread - It’s here!

My Leshiy 2 finally made it here. It went on a road trip on the wrong FedEx truck from Southern California to Arizona then Texas. They retreated it in their Dallas hub and put it in another truck back to California. It was scheduled for tomorrow on Monday. I was thinking FedEx was torturing me some more texting me it was out for delivery today on a Sunday so I couldn’t leave the house. A FedEx truck shows up on a Sunday afternoon with my package. It’s time to put some lead down range. 
C35BBD59-9F4D-4524-ACFD-56156B343F63.1601852579.jpeg
7BEF86E1-72C3-4A1C-8154-DA60E0FCE480.1601852579.jpeg

Anyone know how many inches thick in duct seal will be appropriate for the .30cal in 350/450mm shooting 800-900 fps?

Here’s what I use. I’ve shot 9mm into it at 10yards going 750 or so... https://amzn.to/3ldATrv

I already have new duct seal to upgrade my pellet trap. What I'm asking is how thick in inches?

Penis-size-646946.1601856071.jpeg

Anyone know how many inches thick in duct seal will be appropriate for the .30cal in 350/450mm shooting 800-900 fps?

Here’s what I use. I’ve shot 9mm into it at 10yards going 750 or so... https://amzn.to/3ldATrv

I already have new duct seal to upgrade my pellet trap. What I'm asking is how thick in inches?

BAHAHAHAHA! 

I fill an old pellet tin and screw that into a board. 2 or 3" round target on top, and you're good to go. Once it's starts to get loud just toss it, or empty out the lead, and add some more duct seal to fill the void. I've never penetrated the tin... not even dented it. I've shot .177 - 9mm at all different speeds, and never fully penetrated it. I'd say it's an inch thick give or take. The stuff is DENSE.

I fill an old pellet tin and screw that into a board. 2 or 3" round target on top, and you're good to go. Once it's starts to get loud just toss it, or empty out the lead, and add some more duct seal to fill the void. I've never penetrated the tin... not even dented it. I've shot .177 - 9mm at all different speeds, and never fully penetrated it. I'd say it's an inch thick give or take. The stuff is DENSE.

Thanks Tim. I should be GTG then. I have about 3 to 4 inches to work with.

🤭

I think the vast majority of people buying the Leshiy 2 or any Edgun rifle need to stop thinking of these guns as BB guns and as legit killing machines that are blurring the line between the airgun world and the firearm world. 
Once you wrap your mind around the fact that the Leshiy 2 is the stepping stone to firearms without the background checks, you’ll view these guns differently. These are not backyard plinkers out of the box. They’re intended to put a hurt on whatever is in front of the barrel at full power. 
The trigger on the L2 is fantastic especially for firearm enthusiasts thinking of getting into airguns. You’re pulling a lightened Timney trigger, which most firearms guys only dream of on their AR-15 platforms. 
I personally do not want a hair trigger of <1 lb on this L2 platform for safety reasons. 
Y’all better freshen up your gun safety skills because you’re now dealing with something the airgun world hasn’t seen but 100% firearms guys are very familiar with.
Seriously, this new platform Ed introduced is about the leave the airgun world in the dust and will cater to the traditional powder burner guys, and for that, I’m glad.

Hunh? I have a Timney on my Flex. Parts are parts. Airguns are airguns. Firearms are firearms. You can put a hole in your neighbor with a .30 Impact, an L2, a .357 mag or a .50 Dragon Claw and your neighbor won't be able to tell the difference.

If you're buying an adult air rifle you should be an adult. Period. With great power comes great responsibility 🤘

Good news / bad news:

-The good news is that a M14 (Vulcan) endcap will allow you to directly attach your favorite DonnyFL moderator to the end of the Leshiy 2.0 barrel; here are the 0.25 Sumo and Ronin attached to mine:

l2sumo.1601910610.jpg
l2ronin.1601910610.jpg

-The bad news is they don't do diddly to quiet down the report of the 2.0 at the factory settings. I was told by a couple of very trusted people that the 0.25 350mm would shoot 25.4g JSBs at about 950-960fps out of the box, which is super hot for my needs but at least (or I thought) that would explain how loud this thing is! No joke, this was the first PCP in a very long, long time (if ever) that I broke out my firearm hearing protection to sight in (most every other rifle I had to ability to easily add a mod to quiet it down noticeably so as to not draw any unnecessary attention to my backyard shooting activities)!

When I finally broke out the Chrony to see what mine was really shooting at, I was very surprised to see it "only" pushing the 25.4g's at about 880fps. So it's this loud even in the high 800fps! My plan was to drop it to the low/mid 800's in the hopes of quieting it down but now it seems fairly hopeless that a reduction of 30-60fps will make any noticeable difference. In fact, another member has already dropped his reg under 100bar and told me that even that doesn't do much to reduce the report of the Leshiy 2.0.

So if dropping the reg significantly and/or adding a beefy mod to the barrel don't do much to reduce report, it appears that most of the noise is coming from the valve/transfer port area. If this is the case, even if the claim of this sharp THWAP/POP! not traveling much beyond your shooting position, regular shooting of this rifle is going to require some measure of hearing protection for the time being. And, please, don't anyone tell me to buy a 7000mm barrel/shroud/mod combo for another $2500 to try to resolve this.

Good news / bad news:

-The good news is that a M14 (Vulcan) endcap will allow you to directly attach your favorite DonnyFL moderator to the end of the Leshiy 2.0 barrel; here are the 0.25 Sumo and Ronin attached to mine:

l2sumo.1601910610.jpg
l2ronin.1601910610.jpg

-The bad news is they don't do diddly to quiet down the report of the 2.0 at the factory settings. I was told by a couple of very trusted people that the 0.25 350mm would shoot 25.4g JSBs at about 950-960fps out of the box, which is super hot for my needs but at least (or I thought) that would explain how loud this thing is! No joke, this was the first PCP in a very long, long time (if ever) that I broke out my firearm hearing protection to sight in (most every other rifle I had to ability to easily add a mod to quiet it down noticeably so as to not draw any unnecessary attention to my backyard shooting activities)!

When I finally broke out the Chrony to see what mine was really shooting at, I was very surprised to see it "only" pushing the 25.4g's at about 880fps. So it's this loud even in the high 800fps! My plan was to drop it to the low/mid 800's in the hopes of quieting it down but now it seems fairly hopeless that a reduction of 30-60fps will make any noticeable difference. In fact, another member has already dropped his reg under 100bar and told me that even that doesn't do much to reduce the report of the Leshiy 2.0.

So if dropping the reg significantly and/or adding a beefy mod to the barrel don't do much to reduce report, it appears that most of the noise is coming from the valve/transfer port area. If this is the case, even if the claim of this sharp THWAP/POP! not traveling much beyond your shooting position, regular shooting of this rifle is going to require some measure of hearing protection for the time being. And, please, don't anyone tell me to buy a 7000mm barrel/shroud/mod combo for another $2500 to try to resolve this.

You broke out your hearing protection??? Come on man. 🤦‍♂️. You can’t be serious.

You broke out your hearing protection??? Come on man. 🤦‍♂️. You can’t be serious.

Yeah - you got a problem with that? 

Don't assume everyone else's situation or noise tolerance is the same as yours may be. How many of us do you think has a 20 acre ranch we can shoot our rifles on without neighbors to be worried about? For me, I'm actually lucky to be right in the middle of suburbia yet have 1.5 acres of land - but I still wouldn't shoot the 2.0 as is in my open yard. So I shoot it from inside my home office out into my yard at my 30yd target. The pop resonating within my office is definitely more than I want out of any rifle so if I'm popping off a couple dozen shots sighting the thing in, why not hearing protection? Or is that not manly enough for you?

Turn those hearing aids down a bit. Have you never shot suppressed firearms before? They’re not mouse fart quiet, unlike what Hollywood makes you believe. They still make noise. 
If you want quiet, stick to your traditional PCP’s and springers. This is a totally new platform. 
I’ve already told you several posts before: this is not a traditional PCP. It’s not really marketed for the backyard plinker although it’s popular on this AGN board because Edgun has been a PCP manufacturer up to now. 
This gun is really turning heads with the firearm folks and they can’t get enough of it. It’ll be marketed for that crossover platform more so than just purely the airgun industry. It’s all over Instagram. 
It hasn’t been designed with the traditional air gunner in mind, rather the AR-15 junkie.