EDgun Leshiy 2 Megathread - It’s here!

Noise: Gun sounds exactly like a nail gun going off. So be aware it is loud, at least in .30 cal. This is with stock suppressor. I will test it with the Valkyrie kit soon to see. 

Noise level is extremely important to me for the shooting I am able to do. Please let us know how well the Valkyrie kit softens the sound.

Also - without the hammer is the entirety of the sound just the pop/rush of air?

it's all air. in .30 you are essentially shooting a 22LR in your yard. There is nothing that will mask the noise of impact though. If noise is a concern, I'd go .25 or even .22 This gun is crazy powerful. The noise doesn't sound like a gun however... it's just air. Nail gun is spot on with full power... just without the actual nail hitting the wood. The gun above is putting 70 some odd FPE out of an 18in barrel. That's a whole lot of giddy up in a tiny little thing.

Alternatively... use the pucks to slow it down if you love the .30 

So what happens if you remove the puck and shoot it that way? Besides increasing the regulator pressure, would the highest velocity be achieved or do you still need the puck with the biggest opening for it to operate?

The gun won’t seal and won’t fire the pellet. The puck area sits flush with the magazine right where the pellet entering the breech is located. Need the puck to operate. 

I’m sure we will want a couple of the 3j pucks drilled out in different sizes to tune the power to suit different needs between calibers. As far as the magazine cover, can it just be made in a circle without the flutes or a softer curve That would leave an edge between cylinders to catch and pull the cover off. I would think that would be an easier solution and the best looking. Haven’t got mine yet so I’m talking out loud here. Mine is due Monday. Can’t wait!!

Is it better to adjust power with the regulator, pucks or a combination of both?

Fastest way for most shooters is the puck switch. No degassing involved. If you want complete control of velocity then you’ll need to adjust the reg. 
I suspect most Leshiy 2 owners will opt to have several pucks of varying diameters for quick and dirty velocity changes. 

I’m sure we will want a couple of the 3j pucks drilled out in different sizes to tune the power to suit different needs between calibers. As far as the magazine cover, can it just be made in a circle without the flutes or a softer curve That would leave an edge between cylinders to catch and pull the cover off. I would think that would be an easier solution and the best looking. Haven’t got mine yet so I’m talking out loud here. Mine is due Monday. Can’t wait!!

Since the magnetic faceplates go on either way, this would be hard to incorporate since it has to sit flush with the back of the transfer port to create a good seal. Also, you see that the flutes are needed in order to cycle and index the magazine. Wait till you get yours and you’ll see. 
Also, the magazine as a whole is magnetized. Just wait and see once you install it on the gun. It’ll be a bit of a challenge to remove it and replace it with the spare mag. I foresee many of us prying it off then having it fly over our heads. That’s why I now prefer to just use a handheld magnetic tool to remove the faceplate, replace the pellets, and put the faceplate back on rather than remove the magazine, especially when shooting off the bench. If you’re out hunting, then a magazine swap is preferred. 

Looks like a good option. 

EDIT: Okay, I just read your response. Scratch that.

Interested. My mind has been racing thinking of snap ring pliers and neodymium magnets. My Amazon cart keeps getting bigger. I'm going to Home Depot today lol.

Both items are from amazon so just hold off until I try it before you spend a fortune.

Thank you

That snap ring video was a joke... directed at me. You can hear him laugh. Long story, but you will not need to be putting that ring on yourself.

Output Variables

1. Report
  2. Accuracy
  3. Energy
  4. Efficiency
    [/LIST=1]

Input Variables
    1. Caliber
    2. Barrel length
    3. Regulator Pressure 
    4. Ammo
    5. Silencer
    6. Power puck ID
      [/LIST=1]

Sounds like caliber, barrel length / silencer combo and ammo should be chart titles or fixed for a study. Reg pressure vs Puck ID for each output variable will be very interesting.

The valve is so incredibly interesting and unknown, I choose to leave it alone and off my radar... for now😎

Then the question is how to optimize for individual preference.

This is going to be fun. Reminds me of doing DOEs in other roles...😅 And I don’t even have my gun yet😳