• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EdGun Leshiy 2 - Initial Impressions

First, I want to give my first initial impressions of my new EdGun Leshiy 2 in .177 cal / 350 mm barrel. I have mounted a Hawke Airmax 4x16 - 44 mm scope with Eagle Vision Infinity mounts and the bipod is my Accu-Tac. Weight of the combo 8 lbs 6 oz (3.8 KG) without the bipod 6 lbs 13 oz, (note: I have stated this before, the Accu-Tac bipod is so stout you can beat something to death with it if you run out of ammo.)

Upper receiver and the metal work: Top notch and stout, I can see this gun being able to take some bumps and honestly it looks like the design IS complex, but simple at the same time.

Lower Receiver: As people have said very high quality polymer, and does look military grade, and wish for a metal trigger, but does the job. Safety good and crisp. Picatinny rail “left of center” of the rifle’s balance point it seems so well positioned for the 350 mm barrel for stability. (FX take note of this for updates of the Impact)

Barrel and shroud: The barrel is great was actually pretty darn clean when I got it. Brain dead approach to put the shroud on.

Magazine: great quality, just need to get use to the magnet thing.

Buttstock / Cylinder: great quality, happy gauge is on it and it is easy to read and the included magnet is out of the way so chances are you won’t “easily” lose this, but I do have a replacement “just in case.”

Ending impressions, yes it has a bit of bark, but less than my Impact Compact even with the Sumo on there, but no where near as quiet as my 25 cal Taipan compact with the Sumo. The noise level is livable for “backyard” friendly. And YES, it eats air up thus happy I have the 300 CC bottle for later use. As I posted before with .177 Hades pellets around 20-21 ft/lbs at 940 FPS and this is with the full power puck installed.

Happy I got it: Like most - Hell YEAH!!! Just the gun ranges are closed so “official” tests will have to wait for a bit, but I will try to get some field time for groups.

In military hardware, Russians are known for designing built for purpose, simple design and durable gear. Almost all special forces I know would rather have an AK47 in the field than an M4 or similar if you had to worry about durability, survivability, and just being able to take the abuse rifle and not worrying about it when needed. Russians build stuff that is built for purpose and others have made that comment, and you definitely see it in the Leshiy 2. Is the AK47 a pretty rifle, no but it works for what it was designed for and is the Leshiy 2 a pretty rifle HELL YEAH and I am 100% sure will do what it is built for, hunting/target/plinking.

P.s. Gun’s name is Orion in honor of my first flat-coated retriever, who I called Tar, but his kennel name was Parkburn Orion Greek God of Hunting and I will get photos of Orion over the weekend. (You have plenty photos of the Leshiy 2’s but not photos of my dear boy who I still miss along with his mate Quark in the black & white photo.

6D03BC47-F90F-4D8C-B23B-CE2C1E07A535.1605195034.jpeg
3E211003-F1E9-4092-9C08-89DDE9757217.1605195034.jpeg
321BF790-847A-4CEE-9228-90FDFD1D11DD.1605195034.jpeg
5FA61752-5F07-4C3C-A388-EF19DC97B192.1605195157.jpeg
655B3731-CF90-4B4A-83C7-6CD5D69EDAC5.1605195034.jpeg

.A good natured dog is SO much better than a loud mouthed, trash talking, constantly complaining, half drunk woman, who chain smokes unfiltered Camels in the house!

mona lisa eyeballs.1605221511.gif

Not wishing to belabor the obvious, but its worth mentioning none the less...

Best wishes...

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

PS: If I had two grand, based on your review, I'd buy a Leshiy 2 tomorrow! However, I had $300, so I bought an Avenger .25...with a used Sumo on it.

Thanks and if you are looking for a hunt ready breed that makes the best house family member, get a flat coated retriever. If you need me to recommend me a breeder let me know. Tar and Quark were from the Parkburn Kennel which is one of the founder kennels in North American and Moira the breeder and tough old Scottish woman, re-introduced the breed to Canada. Why I say my dogs went “bark eh”, very Canadian. ;)

I picked up a 350cc and will confirm the L2 still folds perfectly. The clearance is literally just touching the trigger guard but putting no pressure on it. Currently getting ~150 shots per fill set for 23fpe with the .22/350mm barrel (which is removed at the top of the picture for cleaning while I test some lapping on the .22/250mm barrel as it's been struggling to pull tight groups).

L2 350cc folded - 1.1605299302.jpeg

@Blackpaw - Thank you. The March-F 1-8x scope is just sick - I picked it up on the classifieds here about 4-5 months ago just knowing it would go on my L2. The scope mount was a bit of a treat for the scope. Not only is the mount serialed, the front and rear top attachments pieces are individually serialed A and B so as not to not mix up. 

I gotta re-affirm this is the coolest airgun I've owned. Between the Leshiy 2, maybe the EVOL for target shooting and a couple of pistols I really don't need much more to be happy in life. This gun is a game changer and the way a real semi auto should be with the removable mag. I'm going through pellets and air like a mad man. 

Good morning all and here is a continuation of my initial impressions of the my new Leshiy 2.

1.  The Leshiy 2 (L2) is the safest gun I own, which includes for a couple more weeks a Brocock Compatto, FX Impact Compact and Taipan Compact. Yes, the L2 is self-indexing (semi-auto), BUT it is HOT or not, and unless I miss something you can never have a round in the chamber once you pull the magazine off. Also, once folded open it is completely disabled from operating. So well done @edgun for making what is actually a safe gun to travel with and transport, which is very important to me.
  2.  Depending on the pellet the gun is pretty darn consistent shot to shot.
  3.  The gun is built solid and not sensitive to bumps and etc (yet to be fully tested) except for a breech. I plan to find a way to protect that area of the gun, I feel, is vulnerable to damage while being transported in a backpack.
  4.  My right hand doesn’t like the grip so it will be replaced, when I see one I like. If the L2’s grip was a ¼ to ½ longer it would be better, for me anyways and that is all I am concerned about.
  5.  Below is an updated photo of the L2 in my backpack with the mounted Hawke Airmax 4x16 scope, and next year I might replace it with something a bit more compact, but for now it will do. Also, this particular backpack is a Patagonia Blackhole series 30 L pack and has enough padding, it seems, in the back to keep the gun from rubbing. One nice feature about Patagonia’s Blackhole series backpacks and bags is their heavy duty coating, not sure what it is called, that makes them pretty out in the rain friendly and your stuff not getting wet inside the pack and not needing a rain cover unless the poop 💩 really hits the fan. If it does rain poop 💩 hard rain you probably want to go home anyways. My only concern using this backpack will be the Hawke’s turrets poking my back, but only a long hike with the set up will make me determine if my concerns are valid or not.
    [/LIST=1]

2F99BECC-AFA5-45CC-A526-3DB00E05E425.1605439643.jpeg

From all the additions above it looks like I have some catching up to do, but here are some comments, and a "fashion" photo of Orion (This is what I call my Leshiy 2) out on my permission this morning (target only). I noticed the scope shifted because some screws SOME HOW came lose on the mounts, so my zero was off and stupidly I brought 3 different pellet types instead of just the JSB 10.34 gr Exacts Heavies. So I only had one magazine thus my lack of zeroing didn't allow for a proper zeroing. Well, I made the best of it, and yesterday got my tank refilled but there 300 bar at the shop is only really around 280 bar. So Orion went out before work for a shoot.

Stats: Left the house with 3 loaded magazines filled with: JSB 10.34 gr. Hades, JSB 10.34 gr. Heavy and 13.43 gr. Monster (no chrony numbers yet.)

After I fired all three magazines, and this was what I was really interested in, the pressure dropped from 280ish bar to 150 ish bar. Then I put Orion back into the backpack and then walked around 3 miles / 4 km, because I wanted to feel what it was like and I had the time. I just did circles round the property. In the backpack I had the gun, the Accu-tac bipod, some water and misc, and I am guessing total weight was around 11 to 13 lbs, or 6 to 7 kgs (including weight of backpack.) I noticed the weight, but it is a very due able weight for me to go most of the day in mountain terrain based off I have done similar in past.

leshiy 2 forest.1605782119.jpg

489B6F79-2D5B-4548-BC7D-26394D418D3D.1605790243.jpeg