• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EdGun Leshiy 2 - bi / tripod advice

It depends if you're using the picatinny rail directly in front of the trigger guard or if you're running the Valkyrie handguards with the picatinny rail further to the front where you would mount a bipod. You'll most likely need to change out the locking pin. For bipods, it really depends on your budget. I prefer either Atlas or Accu-Tac bipods.

https://youtu.be/YaTkJbsaGAk

"best" tripod is somewhat subjective, and depends perhaps on how you intend to use it, and your budget.

do you need a light carbon fiber tripod for the field, or is this just for the range where weight is not a factor?

if you are just using your tripod to mount a spotter and your pcp (no recoil) rifle, you probably don't need the most expensive and stable tripod available.

if you want the "best" and don't care about price too much, i would recommend RRS tripods and an Anvil-30 ball head.

if you don't want to spend that kind of money on american made goods, many will opt for a chinese copy like the Innorel RT90C and others you can get on amazon.

As an update to original post, bi / tri pod would be used sparingly as most shooting is done from the shoulder. That said, QD and size factor important. I have an accu-tac on another pcp, though too large for what i'm thinking for the L2. I would like to stay compact and simply curious as to what others are utilizing on their L2's. Brand / model

I was planning to look at Accu-tac and Mid-Evil....Any assistance appreciated as to other brands to consider.

Cheers

IVe got an ebay clone of IIRC an Atlas bipod on the rail in front of the trigger. Works great, adds little to the mass of the gun

Id love an extension like Ive seen on some Impacts that moves it forward about 3 -4 inches. One thing Ive notices is a little movement on the buttstock is much more movement at themuzzle, and IMO the longer rail would stop some of that

250 mm barrel length and no Valkyrie products on it.....

As an update to original post, bi / tri pod would be used sparingly as most shooting is done from the shoulder. That said, QD and size factor important. I have an accu-tac on another pcp, though too large for what i'm thinking for the L2. I would like to stay compact and simply curious as to what others are utilizing on their L2's. Brand / model

I was planning to look at Accu-tac and Mid-Evil....Any assistance appreciated as to other brands to consider.

Cheers

i have not seen a stock bipod that is going to allow folding, except maybe the newest cykepod. i think another member put on an adapter to drop his bipod below where the stock would normally hit the bipod if mounted on the stock rail location.

"best" tripod is somewhat subjective, and depends perhaps on how you intend to use it, and your budget.

do you need a light carbon fiber tripod for the field, or is this just for the range where weight is not a factor?

if you are just using your tripod to mount a spotter and your pcp (no recoil) rifle, you probably don't need the most expensive and stable tripod available.

if you want the "best" and don't care about price too much, i would recommend RRS tripods and an Anvil-30 ball head.

if you don't want to spend that kind of money on american made goods, many will opt for a chinese copy like the Innorel RT90C and others you can get on amazon.

oh, i should note that these are the most popular options for centerfire rifles (40-50lb load ratings) and there are likely quality options made for lighter duty that are less expensive, but perhaps not quite as stable. the test this my taking video from a camera mounted on the tripod under windy conditions....