EDgun Leshiy 2 - An Engineering Masterpiece

It looks cool, but this is the opposite direction that I was hoping the Leshiy would go. It looks heavier than its predecessor with way more moving parts. My thoughts:

• Extra air capacity, +1
  • Semi-auto, -1
  • Small grip -1
  • Moderator / bark, TBD (I don't know what EDgun has against external moderators 🤔)
  • Barrels are not backwards compatible - I won't score against it, but that would have been nice
  • Design complexity, TBD - that'll have to wait for a teardown video
  • Locking mechanism is welcomed, hopefully it's durable (a video running it over with a Land Cruiser might confirm)
  • Performance, TBD
  • Cost, TBD

If it proves to be durable, reliable, simple under the hood, and powerful (without sacrificing consistency being semi-auto), then it could fill the big shoes of the current Leshiy. It looks innovative, but we'll see.

you're going to be pleasantly surprised. The breech is totally different, and you'll see soon enough why those barrels from L1 will not work in L2. Small price to pay for this giant leap forward IMHO. The grip shouldn't be a -1 though... he made it AR compatible... put whatever you want on there. Watch the videos going around now... the gun is INANELY quiet. Really only Veles owners know this, but there is no one better at quieting a gun down than Ed. I've posted a video of the tiny little moderator on the veles Vs every can out there... only thing that came close was the Emperor... which is maybe 5x the size.

https://youtu.be/Ty6GiFnPhEY

I did ask Ed a couple things.

Will be available in .177? = Yes. 

Will be available as Single/Manual action? = No, Semi-Automatic only. 

I would want to know more about Safety. Will the gun be able to be de-cocked? I am not a huge fan of the Semi- Auto airguns myself & would have preferred a cocking mechanism.

fold it in 1/2 and it locks that way. that's about as safe as it gets.

I'm wondering if the power can be turned down to 10-12fpe in .177 and still be reliable?

I want the option of using it as a 10-20 yard plinker on my small steel and to retain a long shot count.

How's Edgun warranty? Semi's need to work or they suck, and I've been down that road a few times already with poor success. 

Is Edgun accepting deposits yet? 

EdGuns are like Pokémon: I intend to collect them all (though I'm too late for a Morana or Veles). My Leshiy 1.0 (maybe 1.1 since it has the newer regulator) remains my current Favorite.

I still intend to get several 350mm barrels just because starlings deserve first-hand experience with all manner of pellets. And seeing a .25 Polymag hit a HOSP at 10 yards is hilarious. Heck, seeing a 35 FPE Ultra Shock in .22 hitting a HOSP will make you laugh out loud, literally.

I would want to know more about Safety. Will the gun be able to be de-cocked? I am not a huge fan of the Semi- Auto airguns myself & would have preferred a cocking mechanism.

Folded it will be 100% safe, not only for the owner but visual safe for anyone else

With semi's like my FX Monsoon and FX Revolution the only way to make them completely safe is to take out the mag and shot out the pellet

..or fold them like Leshiy 2 but that will require a lot of force and not be reversible...