• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 accuracy - no excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA3D7676-8518-446F-BCE1-39765CA9AC8B.1606358946.jpeg
F1EAC069-4F28-47ED-8D24-76B4B04F5ECB.1606358947.jpeg
40yards 30cal 350mm 

The Secret is a good cleaning and JB bore past and polish the barrel makes a big difference. Yes it's all about the trigger as well snap it smoot not slow pulls. Love my leshiy2

Sorry for the newbie question (but we all gotta start somewhere); this L2 is my first airgun, which I love, and super excited about it!

How often, what frequency, would you recommend for cleaning? ... After every outing, like for firearms, or (since no burnt carbon powder, and no brass or copper) maybe more like after a certain number of magazines, e.g. like maybe after every 50 mags (400 pellets), something like that?

I have a .25-cal 250mm LW barrel shooting JSB MKII 34gr pellets. First thing I did upon receiving my L2 was to clean the barrel. I used Bore Tech Eliminator, nylon bore brush, patches, and swiveling carbon fiber rod (that spins with the twist of the barrel), and then lightly lubed it with Slip 2000 EWL oil.

Not sure if I’m using the right cleaning materials. The L2 manual was rather sparse on cleaning procedures, except for cautioning against using metal rods and brushes. I will have to look into getting some of that JB Bore Paste that you mentioned. Any other suggestions? Many thanks!

Speaking of thanks, this being Thanksgiving eve here in the US and reflecting on all that I have to be thankful for, being a new owner of this brand new L2 is just one of many things I have to be grateful for this year. I greatly appreciate all the stellar contributions that Ed and his team in Russia, Brian and Tim in the US, and Francisco in Spain have made and are making to the creation and launch of this fabulous new Leshiy 2, together with their many excellent posts, comments, and YouTube explanations and tutorials, which are very helpful for us noobs who are on a steep learning curve. Remember that you guys are all on the same team; and an excellent team it is!

Also very much appreciate all the technical discussions and sharing of experiences and expertise of so many highly knowledgeable forum members here, as an important supplement to that coming from Ed, Brian, Tim, and Francisco. You guys fill in a lot of gaps for me and are very helpful.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving! (For PCP airguns, my state requires minimum .25-cal to hunt turkey, .30-cal for deer, so I got my L2 in a .25-cal barrel, and hope to hunt wild turkey with it someday, though not for tomorrow’s dinner. :)

I personally use patch worm field kit. it's the best for all my airguns I never ever use any stiff bristles or nylon brushes especially copper or steel it will destroy the inside of a polished barrel this is not a firearm. Just some balistol oil and a patch worm then dry patches then JB bore paste for a polish then a light oil of balistol again I do this when I 1st get any airgun then after a 100 or so pellets do it again. Lots of guys say never clean your barrel but I disagree I clean and polish all the time and I get moa most of the time. But I understand some don't agree so at 1st I clean and polish a lot then it's about every 500 pellets or so after that. Hope this helps. Happy thanksgiving 🦃🍁🍽 

Thank you very much; indeed that’s very helpful! I need to start researching & shopping at dedicated airgun vendors, like Pyramyd, and less so at ones that are more heavily focused on firearms, like Midway (where I’ve been mostly shopping to date). Will follow up on the items you recommended.

One additional newbie cleaning question, while I’m at it: What about cleaning the moderator (the stock factory one)? Does it need cleaning or not? If so, how often, how to do it, and what cleaning materials to use?

What type of metal are the internal baffles made of? If aluminum, then I guess no ‘Dip’ method (50-50 mix of white distilled vinegar and 3% hydrogen peroxide), right? Or if steel baffles, would that be OK?

What about ultrasonic cleaning in 50-50 mix of Simple Green and water?

I took the moderator off to give the barrel its initial cleaning, but I have not yet tried to take the moderator apart, so I don’t know the internal structure of the baffles and how it all comes apart. It looks like I’d first need to remove the black o-rings on the ends of the long bolts.

Thanks again for any advice on this as well!

Well, I don’t know why but all around EDgun make people just insane :) I've been observing that in Russian airgun forums and comments under videos for years, and, frankly speaking I thought that is a kind of mentality of Russians, since many of them are very emotionally unstable, but now I see that people are the same everywhere and the thin layer of the civilization can disappear quite easily and all vaunted West culture tolerance is just a media myth. :)

Take it easy, guys, that is just a toy! You shouldn’t lose you human form even because of 2K toy.

First of all, the guns are just mechanism. It doesn’t mean that mechanism, even made with CNC machine is the same, from 1 to 1 000 units. It means that there can be variations in the parts etc. It means that the results, one gets with that mechanism can be different. Plus to that the difference of the results can be influenced by many other factors like type of the pellets, speed of the pellet, barrel, if it is clean or not, or even it is good or not, the shooter’s ability to shoot, the scope, the shooters mood during the shooting session and many other reasons. And consider all the mechanisms based on the example of only few of them is a really narrow minded approach.

Well, Gregor got that result, as I told before there were some factors, which can influence to that result. It doesn’t mean that Gregor made that especially to bash EDgun or Leshiy 2, he just showed what he get, no more. No global conclusions, nothing. Just consider that as a part of the people’s views. Nothing serious.

As for Francisco. I know him for many years. And the thing I can be 100 % sure is that I trust him. That is no doubt. He is a young man, that makes him, sometimes strange and his behavior sometime made me angry with him, but it has nothing to his responsibility in business. He is dedicated to EDgun brand and to me personally, that is the fact I know. And I appreciate it a lot. Yes, as any human being he can make mistakes (like he did with the Leshiy logo, made by Tim). And I, personally, was very angry with him regarding that, but he did it with the intention to move forward EDgun brand, considering that we all one team. I wouldn’t dare to call him “thief” in this, particular case. I would rather say that he was just not thinking about the fact that using somebody’s property he had to ask about permition to use it, thinking that if he made it in behalf of the EDgun brand, it was OK. I know that Tim would never mind me using his logo, but to follow the formality I asked him if I could use it and got the permition. Francisco just didn’t follow that formality and that was the sourse of misunderstanding between Tim and Francisco, and you know how it happens, it just grows like a snowball running from the hill and nobody is able to listen to the other side of the conflict, nourishing his own resentment.

As for selling guns in USA by Francisco, there is an agreement between all my representatives and approved by me that they have right to sell the guns to other countries to the private persons. You know sometimes a buyer is not happy with the local dealer but still want to buy the product. In this case I don’t’ see any reasons not to let him a chance to buy it from the other representative.

So, just look at yourself, when you want to fight and consider that you are not a five years boy n the sand box trying to prove your rightness to others, you are self-confident man, grown up and making a good life (otherwise you wouldn’t be able to afford yourself to buy a toy for over 2K USD price).

Stay calm and human being :)

With the best regards

Ed

Hello Ed!

Thanks so much for for posting that last bit! That cleared alot of things up. Over the past year I have bought over six airguns from Fransisco, and never had any problem with any of them, or his service. 

MOD EDIT: CONTENT REMOVED, PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. 

But, I got to give Tim credit. I've always known your Edguns were top notch airguns, Tim did help show case them. Because of their durability, accuracy, ease of maintenance; they are some different from the rest of them. They are like a nice looking, low maintenance woman, that always performs when needed!

@davidsng I have to agree with you about Francisco of edgun.shop, he is a stand up guy who loves his customers, and the @Edgun brand. So I won't stand by either and see Francisco and his company get trashed.

Also, I think there is a misunderstand from some of my posts that I am upset with Francisco and that is 100% not true. What I was upset about and it the worst week I have had in months, was the gun came running way hot for a .177. Then a YouTuber says they are always perfect and stated, "oh just buy more parts from Brian to make the gun right", and this was not by Francisco, this was by Tim and I went off on him on his channel chat. Tim is an entertaining YouTuber who does seem to know his stuff for entertaining his viewers and promoting EdGuns which should be, but when it comes to the technical go to Brian's, Ed's and Francisco's videos, not Tim's to get the facts right.

Yes, I have gone ahead and bought some stuff for my L2 from Brian because Francisco doesn't have them in stock yet, or didn't when I ordered. I want the L2 to be where I think it should be asap, and people have pointed out most likely at the factory my gun set up for a 25/30 cal not a .177, thus the insane speeds for .177.

As most of you know or have seen I live in the Netherlands, and logistically it is easier for me to order from Francisco, and even if I move some where else, I will if I can. But the fundamental reason I will continue to do business with Francisco is that he IS A STAND UP GUY, provides great customer service and if there are bumps, goes out of his way to get those bumps smoothed. 

One of the things that lacks in Europe is customer service, especially in countries like Denmark (lived there for 6 years so I can speak from experience) is but the Netherlands is a bit better than say Denmark. So finding a vendor like Francisco is refreshing and I am grateful that I ended up getting my L2 through him, bumps and all.

So I will continue to do business with Francisco if he has what I need and I will for sure refer other people to him because he is such a STAND UP GUY!!! And from what I have seen so is Brian of @edgunwest and for sure @edgun has a solid leader in Ed.

Just to add another US datapoint to that of @davidsng’s testimony regarding Francisco, I too am a US customer of Francisco. I bought my Leshiy 2 from Edgun Spain, and I have to say it’s been a real pleasure doing business with Francisco, whom I have found to be very pleasant and amicable, personable, professional, knowledgeable, competent, responsive, very customer service oriented and helpful, an honest and honorable man of the highest integrity and ethics. I placed my initial pre-order with Edgun Spain in mid August, paid in full at the end of September, and received my Leshiy 2 just three weeks later. I am very happy with the excellent support I have received from Francisco.

I’ve never had any communications, or attempted communications, with EdgunWest, so no beef or complaints there. I very much appreciate the technical content and expertise of Brian’s videos, which I learn a lot from (in addition to those from Francisco and from Ed himself). I find Tim’s videos entertaining and am impressed with his marksmanship and showcasing the capabilities of what the Leshiy 2 can do in the realm of short-range pest control.

I agree with Francisco’s comments (expressed in his August 19th email to @davidsng) that it isn’t good, just can’t be good, for the EDgun brand to have one dealer (via his marketing partner) engaged in a very public, high-profile, pervasive, orchestrated smear campaign of character defamation to disparage, denigrate, and malign another dealer. Frankly speaking, I’m astonished at some of the calumnious allegations and egregious character defamation against Francisco that Tim has brazenly, recklessly, repeatedly, dared to put in writing in multiple public forums, subjecting himself to potential serious legal jeopardy. Libel can result in substantial financial liability that can be ruinous.

If my own personal example is any indication, I think the excitement and appeal of this unique EDgun Leshiy 2 can bring a lot of new people into the airgun market for the first time and expand the market. It should be a growing pie with plenty of business to go around for everyone, for all of Ed’s dealers. Simply by virtue of geography alone, I would think that Brian & Tim should reap the lion’s share of a growing US market for EDguns. I wish them much success, together with all of Ed’s dealers! You’re all on the same team!

CW

David, you are way off base, I do not pay Tim for ads, reviews, or other items. The truth is Tim really helped save the Leshiy 1, he has opened a large market that EDgun would not have had without him. The fact is Edgunleshy.com was not for me, Tim used to have links for every Edgun dealer, including Francisco the website was actually set up to direct people to your dealer in the region. Tim's anger is much like Ted Bier, he worked for free promoting Edgun, the US dealer at the time took Ted's channel name (Edgun USA) without asking or offering any compensation. I am not going to let people bash Tim when he has worked tirelessly to promote something for free, all dealers have benefited from this, regardless of what Fransisco has told you.

That is what I have to say about this

Brian

This topic has gone too far off the original post. If you have hands-on experience with the Leshiy 2 that you want to share, please feel free to start your own topic. 

Negative banter about regional dealers is not welcome. Keep it positive, keep it constructive, and keep moving the sport forward.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.