• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 accuracy - no excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you saying? That the little gum may not be a top contender in bench rest events. Nothing wrong with a revolver. If made and timed correctly they can be extremely accurate. Huben, for example.

I'll put my .41 mag smith up against any pistol of equal length and power. But then again I have been shooting long range with hand guns for better than 50 years.

https://youtu.be/FwQHuCsKPIA

tes.1605812803.png

This is the BS. That is posted and some guys agree because they don't have the leshiy2 saying that this airgun is a 50yards or less airgun is a lie this BS. Has to stop!! I have the leshiy2 and I have the 350mm 30cal and I can get sub moa at 75 and 100yards so I don't know what the hell they are doing to the gun or if they are tuning it wrong or even if they don't know how to shoot at all but I know making up all this crap 💩 like how to make a barrel like great companies Like alpa or LW. Don't know how to make a Barrel?? Really they are the best of the best. But these trolls will tell these co. How to make them better hahaha this is bad mouthing a great co. And this is trolling at it worst. Grow up guys learn how to shoot and stop the BS. 

@jld1969, my .177 cal I think can 50 yards with sub MOA then I will be impressed, but good to hear, I am considering a 25 / 30 cal barrel set up.

@bolo, I don’t have a bore scope, but the Edgun / LW barrel was the cleanest out of the box I have had. What I think effects the accuracy is the trigger discipline, and for the design, like a Glock, a stiffer trigger with a longer pull is necessary. I am learning the trigger. Hopefully, later this or next week I can get out to try some longer range accuracy. Again, I have a .177 so i don’t expect much after 50 yards.

Also, the L2 makes a good model in the woods.

3A024FD4-ABCC-4A4F-A678-CD23ED88C27A.1605816726.jpeg

This is very interesting. I have preordered the gun but I consider order cancellation after seeing Gregor's video. He seems to be trustworthy as he does not have any intention in selling these guns. The best reviews are from the users and I watch them carefully. Such a user receives a random gun and he cannot select the golden one among tens and then record the promotional video.

Well, you know when I read something like “Oh, I’ve changed my mind to buy L2 since I’ve watched that video…” I am really happy that I will not have among my clients persons who is so narrow minded and thrashing about having now idea of what it is about. I prefer them to drill the mind of the other manufacturer :) I like to work with people able to think and consider the facts, not emotions.

So, I’ve watched that video as well. Have no intention to discuss the ability to shoot, scopes, weather and so on. I just want to point out some significant facts, from my point of view.

Based on my experience while changing the pellets the shooter should clean the barrel, then lead it with the new pellets and only after that try to group it.

Based on my experience every pellet with every gun has so called “sweet spot” , some barrels allow it to be in a wild range of dozens and dozens m/sec, some only in a small range. To shoot different pellets from one barrel without even trying to find the right speed… Well, to me that is inappropriate from the point of view of making conclusions.

The following from above said it that the speed of the pellets should equal the length of the barrel. No problem to speed it up, but it can be done at the regimes far away to be optimal. Overconsumption of the air and my worse accuracy than it can be. So for 350 mm barrel the speed about 290 m/sec that is too much. If the shooter wants more energy he should use heavier pellet, not faster speed. Or increase the length of the barrel.

To me those three is more than enough. If you have different opinion, welcome to discuss, but as I told in the beginning I prefer to avoid the discussions lead by emotions not by facts.

Reactions: Sureshot59
When I purchased my L2, I chose the 30 cal 350m because I wanted a multi-shot sledgehammer to put a hurt on anything up to coyote size at distances within 50 yards. This gun accomplishes just that. 
I didn’t buy this as a bench gun or a gun to tinker with. I wanted a gun that is ready to go out the box, rugged, and all I need to do in a moments’ notice is flip the safety off and sling that lead. 

Ed, your statement is very interesting. You do not want to have wise people within the group of your customers? I mentioned that I rely on the videos made by regular users because they have no intention in selling the guns. If they are angry they express that and they are very honest because they paid their hard earned money.

Have you seen the video recorded by Gregor? He proved that single loading of L2 makes the groups much better. You say about adjustments and so on. That is fair but Gregor already found the issue - bore misalignment. You said nothing about that.

While watching Gregor's accuracy review yesterday, I was thinking the same thing that Ed mentioned about cleaning and leading in the barrel when switching between different ammo. I don't have anything against Gregor but there is so much more to it when checking for accuracy that a 34 minute video would not cover. Reg pressure, correct valve nozzle or a combination of nozzles, correct size of pucks, barrel prep, barrel length, etc. That could be a whole day affair. I have no plans to cancel my order. I think it's only getting better.

People are way more likely to loudly complain about something negative than give praise about something positive. If there were rampant issues with accuracy, there would be a flood of videos showing such and people on here asking for refunds or selling their L2s.

I am eagerly waiting for mine before I pass judgment based on someone else's shooting.

Even if a perfect product existed; there would be complainers! Most only repeat something they heard and of course many have never owned the product. I had a P-rod for 5-6 yrs while saving up for my first Edgun, which I was sure would fill my needs as I read the experiences of legit reviewers. I now have 4 Edguns, 2 Daystates, 1 Taipan, and 3 Benjamin/Crossman. Even though 1 or 2 complainers make rants here, what is the actual % of dissatisfied customers? Very small % —- hell, any great product that I had a problem with that was no fault of mine was 99.9% settled amicably when addressed to the proper person; not calling out on a forum.

Agreed.

You'd think by the comments accompanying those videos the reviewers were trashing the L2, which wasn't the case at all.

The accuracy with the sovereigns was great in the airgunology video. Suddenly the gun isn't allowed to have a favorite pellet? 

In Gregor's video he was quite clear that he only tried JSB and that H&N's should be tested as well. Also the 0.22 were shooting too hot but were still good at 50. JSB Beasts suck in almost everything. The 0.25 had a misaligned barrel - thats annoying I'm sure, but occasionally issues occur in human made things regardless of price and I'm sure that will be fixed for him. Not like he was bitching about it either. Simply stated that he'd proved it by single loading and that the result were invalid. One bad barrel doesn't make a bad gun. Again with the 0.30 he stated clearly it wasn't tuned up for that caliber.

Bottom line is you can't make broad sweeping statements about a product being a semi auto lead thrower or claim to be "opening peoples' eyes" based on any of this. Look as some of the horrible groups Steve/AEAC posts on social media for virtually every gun he reviews when 'pellet culling'. Easily as bad as some of the worse ones here. 

Okay, I am glad we are having this discussion and yesterday I did the following shot string with my L2, specs and data below:

Gun: EdGun Leshiy 2 - .177 cal / 4.5 mm and with a 350 mm barrel with from the box configuration, Also, other put the shroud on and clean the barrel, I haven’t done ANYTHING to the rifle other than fill it with air, shoot pellets.

Pellet: JSB 10.34 gr. Exact Heavy Diablo (I think this is the pellet Ed mentioned EdGun used in developing the barrel)

Altitude and Temp: 118 ft / 36 m and 50 F / 10 C (I am in the Netherlands so close enough to sea level to meet part of STC)

Range distance: 10 yards (all I had time for to set up)

Fill Pressure and shot number: 270 to 150 bar after 24 rounds (3 magazines)

Chronograph used: FX Pocket Chrony set at high power

Results: Average speed of 959 FPS / 292 MPS with a STD of 7.4 FPS / 2.25 MPS

Conclusion: @edgun said above that firing a pellet at 951 FPS / 290 MPS is too fast for a 350 mm barrel for the pellet, 100% agree and my test showed I was even faster than this on average. Thus based off on my results and the statements above I received my gun “too hot” for what should be the specs, which no big deal though I’ll just reduce the regulator pressure after I figure out how to do it. @edgunwest posted how in some comments, but I would prefer a video before I mess with it because this is my first EdGun. My feelings too from what I see for “powerful / FAC” .177 cal rifles, the 10.34ish grain pellets are the standard. Anything below 10 grain starts pushing 1000 FPS / 300 MPS plus, which is definitely too fast for a pellet, this is slug speed. Also, for accuracy I got pellet on pellet, but for the short range it means nothing (to me), but where ever I pointed the rifle, the pellet went to that exact spot, and I mean exact.

Ending Comments: @edgun you made a heck of a rifle, with quirks, but I am getting to know the rifle I call Orion. I think when people start tweaking the rifle (finding its sweet spot) and I do it myself, I will get tighter STD maybe an additional magazine of pellets. I don’t have a pressure reader, but I will order one from @edgunwest today, I don’t like flying blind. And if there are any doubters that want to see the shot string, let me know and I will post the numbers. 

Literally hundreds of videos showing good accuracy. One gets posted where a decent YouTuber shares his initial experience with a newly received gun and a couple folks go into instigator mode. My money is on a follow up video sharing different results. Honestly, I appreciate Gregor and his approach to sharing stuff as he sees it when he sees it. Frankly ED does it the same way. No secrets and brutal honesty.

I really don’t get folks that think a forum is a place to insight drama... and for what? I wish the personal grudges were kept in check MODS. Asking questions is different than attempting to call someone out. Why allow instigators to even get a view? We all have enough drama in our lives right now. Thanks for the hide user feature BTW. I wish I could hide members and all aliases. It is hard to keep up with some of the drama creators.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.