• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 accuracy - no excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
In messaging with some here and knowing when they’ve ordered vs when their orders were received I can see how some can get upset as it seems like they’re not sent in order but by preference, a couple of guys have stated the rants on IG are worse, glad I don’t have to deal with That or FB, social media sites suck

100 guns came in, and 100 went out all within 5-6 days. I know this, as I had to help. While number 80 may have gotten it before number 10, but that’s because 80 completed his payment first. I know you guys want to find stuff to complain about (especially with EDgun for some reason), but this whole system is automated. Some of you guys are something else... 

I’m in the 200-300 batch so was not expecting anything for myself with this delivery, but it was impressive to see how fast he got everything out to people. I ordered a bunch of valkyrie stuff as it went up on the site, knowing it would be awhile (possibly shipped with my gun even), but Brian even managed to ship all that stuff out in addition to the guns!

I don’t understand any of the negativity over a brand new system that has had to endure the most difficult production and delivery process due to this pandemic insanity. It’s impressive that even the first 100 (US) are in people’s hands at this point. Imagine how Ed must feel with everything he has poured into bringing the L2 to market, and not being able to push full steam ahead into production. It isn’t like he or Brian want to be taking limited pre-payments and then having to wait to fulfill orders. I’m sure they would both be happier if there were plenty of guns available to sell and could meet demand with a single transaction and immediate shipping. The world was dealt a poopty hand this year. People need to be more understanding and try to cope better.

As with most ( almost all) new things, something happens and it takes much Some times much much longer then expected. It’s not like this is a new revolutionary medicine that is going to save your lives. It’s a damn “ toy”, an expensive one, but still a toy. I don’t know how many people are working to fill these orders but I am sure not a whole lot. He has offered to refund your money if you don’t want to wait, give them a brake, they are doing what they can, and a bunch of guys whining and calling them and posting this only slows them down. 
And every body knew going in this was a brand new item, and who ever ordered it was a guinea pig. I think many had high expectations, and even unrealistic ones. 

Back in USA have an Encore in .223 and had a custom made 7-08 barrel once. That pistol configuration I could pop prairie dogs easily out to 150 plus yards. There is NO WAY a semi-auto can do that. Desert Eagles look cool, but inherently inaccurate.

Agree with revolvers my SW .22 LR with the 6 inch barrel i can easily hit 6” plate 100 yards with its original open sites, I seriously doubt I could do the with my semi-auto Ruger. The gun is from the late 50s and was my grandfather but now more sits in retirement in the gun safe.

Good point. The demand is not really high. The problem is with production and assembly capabilities.

The demand is obviously higher then they can keep up with at this time, plus they didn’t know this virus shut down was going to occur at the time of the release. I am sure once they get caught up, they will have time to answer all these questions they are being bombarded with. 

I’ll get mine when it arrives😎

In the meantime I will enjoy my other guns and keep up with all the information being shared about this new and unique platform.

I am especially interested in folks experience with the .25 with a 350mm barrel 😉 for obvious reasons. I currently intend to shoot the 34s. It would be really fun to read of others wins and losses dialing in a setup.

I have a Lelya 2.0 in .25. What I am really interested in getting a feel for is which gun I should set up for which energy level. The Lelya is currently bone stock, tuned to shoot the 25.4s at 895. It is a longer barrel but completely different valve arrangement. I want to know folks thoughts on which gun should handle the 34s better... Lelya 2.0 or Leshiy2.

I hear nothing but good things from people who own edguns, I wish there was a traditional rifle in the lineup rather than bullpups to cater for traditionalist like me.

Go to talon tunes web sight, they show they have a Morana in .25 cal, may be what your looking for. 

My bad, I seen it there sometime ago, but just went to see if that is indeed where I seen it, and they don’t have one. Not sure why they would leave it up. Sorry.

Bb

I would say those videos are what I would personally expect a gun like this to do. I would never ever think of it as a 100 yard gun, nor even a 50 yard gun Simply by looking at it. I would think it’s design is for close, quick shooting like home defense type target course ( not actual home defense of course). Or just “ plinking “ entertaining type gun. Personally I would not spend 2000.00 on such a gun, nor would I buy a red colored gun at any price. For those that bought it thinking of any thing else I would say it’s your own fault. You can pretty much tell by the looks, design, it’s not going to be a long range target gun, not even a 50 yards “ pellet on pellet” gun. I believe if this style catches on, IDPA and home defense type matches could become a big thing. It looks the perfect part, except for the color.lol. And other manufactures will be forced to follow suite. I think shooting one of those type courses with this thing would be cool as hell. And given the chance to shoot one on a course may make me think differently about owning one, in black. Hick up on this gun on one of those courses will be mag changes on this particular gun ( need a Leshiy 3 for that ) Other manufactures take note. Looks like a great gun, expensive , but that fills a nich and could lead to big things. And if they do start those type shoots, the price would be a lot more acceptable I believe. Great job Ed ! 

Okay this morning I took the L2 to where I could shoot further distances, and it was okay. I am still wondering about this hawk scope less than the gun keepings its zero. I bought it used and really don't know the history of the scope. I went through and rezeroed the scope, now lets see if it holds at 25 & 50 yards.

My Leshiy 2 being .177 with the 350 mm will be a 50 yard / 50 m gun, and I don't see the point, at this time, for going with a barrel longer than 450 mm / 500 mm, because this is an after thought in the design, so you will only achieve so much doing it. Sorry the former is my based on my judgement, which is based upon my understanding of engineering, and being an inventor myself.

If I get a 25 / 30 cal barrel, I MIGHT consider the Leshiy 2 as a 100 m / 100 yard gun, but nothing beyond that.

Do I love the gun yes, regret purchase HELL no. Will it take me time to make the gun accurate for me, and it is mostly me learning the gun, mainly the trigger. All former is yes. 

I think Ed should make it clear that L2 is a pellet sprayer. As a buyer I do not need to know any technical aspects and I may expect much better accuracy. Ed's approach is unfair in my opinion.

That is quite a harsh assessment. Most PCPs have a fortè, I wouldn’t expect the Leishy 2 to be a 100 yard gun. It seems to be a dandy rig for sub 50 yard fast paced pesting (ratting). The deterrent for me is price point, plus the cost of dressing her up to party. I do love the design and will await reviews by users over time. 

#1 it's a semiauto and a light one at that, not a benchrest gun. Comparing to the AR15 of the same size, it's not a BR gun either, but useful for many purposes like the L2 is.

#2 It has a utilitarian trigger which doesn't help with precision.

#3 Its a semiauto so it should be 99.99% reliable in function, if that has been accomplished then it deserves applause.

#4 I haven't handled a perfect gun yet because such a thing doesn't exist. I can take any gun and find faults.

#5 IT LOOKS LIKE FUN!!! If it brings pleasure then that's a wonderful thing! 

and so on.

@steve123 and @l.leon, you all have far more experience in PCP world than me and minus the probe issue (getting the wrong one per say) I haven’t had an issue with the Leshiy 2, from a mechanical point of view out of the box.

My Brocock I have, still dealing with a leaky issue and goes back to shop tomorrow. The Impact is sensitive, and I have had feeding issues, had to rebuild magazine twice. (Feeling in the Netherlands is FX is cranking out guns so quick, the QC isn’t as thorough it has been before they ship the guns out the door.). Taipan I have a feeling nothing will ever happen to it as long as I give it basic care.

The Leshiy 2 I feel will meet all my accuracy and essential travel needs, plus it is ultra packable. I could easily take a second barrel kit (25 or 30 cal) in my backpack without even noticing it.

I am not going to try to make the Leshiy 2 into a 100 yard / 100 m gun, I don’t feel that it is what it is.

Do I understand correctly that you justify the flaws in a 2k$+ gun? I must be dreaming.

Let's look at L2 from a strictly technical perspective. Gregor mentioned about the bore misalignment in his movie. Barrels have more or less bore misalignment which is not an issue if one centers the barrel in relation to the bore before cutting the threads on a lathe. However, L2 does not have any threads on the loading port side which means the bore must be perfectly aligned in relation to its outside surface. 

It cannot be achieved without barrel turning using a lathe and turning points:

I would do it like that:
- the barrel should be slightly thicker than 14mm, e.g. 14.2mm, depending on the maximum possible bore misalignment,
- it should be mounted in a lathe using turning points,
- the material should be removed until the O/D is 14mm,
- the barrel should be remounted using a standard lathe chuck and then the crown and loading port should be cut.

I think that Ed did not consider that problem or he did not want to consider it as it would make the barrels much more expensive and more time consuming. Ed, please chime in if I wrote anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.