• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Leshiy 2 accuracy - no excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I wonder why Ed did not post any video with some serious L2 accuracy testing in very good conditions like here: 

https://youtu.be/fjO_i-VuMqc

This is a new system for EDgun when pellet is shot from the magazine. Yes, it is used in the revolvers but are the revolvers precise weapons? I do not think so. Shooting pellets from the magazine does not help with the precision.

Secondly, as far as I know .25 and .30 barrels in L2 are made by Alfra Precision. It is a big unknown for me. I do not know if these barrels are high quality ones like e.g. TJ or LW.

So basically the gun costs over 2k$ and noone knows what kind of accuracy can be expected which is at least ridiculous. You get a toy which can be used at 30 meters to kill some critters in your backyard.

Can someone post a couple of groups (one group is silly) at 50 meters? I am interested in .30 especially.

Ed, what can you tell us here? I am a little suspicious. I worry that you just assemble as many L2s as possible but noone really checks if the barrel is rifled or maybe it is a smoothbore. Each gun for over 2k$ should be accuracy tested before leaving the assembly line.

Thanks!

I think Brian (Edgun west) posted some accuracy videos - He seemed pretty happy. Last I chatted with him, he mentioned that the barrel choice (Alpha precision) was actually one of the reasons for the delay in the Leishy delivery - they were more accurate barrels than LW for the larger calibers (.25 and .30) after comparing barrels from both manufacturers or something like that, and worth the wait... Anyway, I'll see if I can dig up with EdgunWest's video. Or maybe Brian can chime in here...

I truly don't know why stormy even has a Edgun it seems that he just is not happy with anything Ed or anyone does or shows on videos? But i have seen several post and videos on accuracy shooting short range and out past 50+ guys are looking for longer range because that's what matters if you get all great groups at long range shot range is a no Brainer I've seen posted long range great groups. I have the alpha barrel in 30cal 350mm and I am extremely happy with it In Fact amazed!! How well this barrial is made and shoots.

I think some of the negative things people say are more of a temper tantrum because they are still waiting for there leshiy2 and are talking with out thinking 🤔 or just pissed off because the never got there's yet? And want to be a keyboard Karen.

So my point is this I love my leshiy2 I have no problem with it at all I guess am lucky or just understanding of the fact that there will be tiny little things that will need adjustments because it's a brand new design but not the end of the world 🌍 and that's understandable. thank you Ed and Bryan of Edgun west for going above and beyond for your customer's sometimes you get guys who are adults but act like a kid or childish? some of them never take a minute to say thank you for all you do. 

Ed, what can you tell us here? I am a little suspicious. I worry that you just assemble as many L2s as possible but noone really checks if the barrel is rifled or maybe it is a smoothbore. Each gun for over 2k$ should be accuracy tested before leaving the assembly line.

Such questions are the reason why I don't care about making videos proving anything :) Whatever accuracy I can get at those videos alway there will be someone who will have it worse and will blame me either in direct lie or the attempt to falsify facts. Do I need it? I think no. So, let people shoot and shere their results. If you consider that you shouldn't buy a gun over 2K with no informatoin about the accuracy, just don't buy it, that is the easiest way. As for Alfa Barrels, I can say the same things, let people who has guns with the barrels installed tell about them. 

The innovation it took to make a hammerless design that has a removable magazine is well worth the $650 price difference compared to the Leshiy classic. Carrying over the modularity from the classic is icing on the cake. The Leshiy classic is checkers. The Leshiy 2 is chess.

If you’re looking for supreme accuracy you won’t get it in probeless guns.

I cant say about the leshiy 2 as I dont own one but if its anything like the original leshiy it should make a great hunting platform. I have shot many 1/2inch groups at 50 yards with my original leshiy .22 benched off a bipod. Theres a youtube video of some dude shooting a paper target of a crow freehand standing with the leshiy2. he's speaking Russian I presume and to my best estimate hes hitting the crow out to 50 yards?.

Damn good shooting! 

The innovation it took to make a hammerless design that has a removable magazine is well worth the $650 price difference compared to the Leshiy classic. Carrying over the modularity from the classic is icing on the cake. The Leshiy classic is checkers. The Leshiy 2 is chess.

If you’re looking for supreme accuracy you won’t get it in probeless guns.

That makes alot of sense

Such questions are the reason why I don't care about making videos proving anything :) Whatever accuracy I can get at those videos alway there will be someone who will have it worse and will blame me either in direct lie or the attempt to falsify facts. Do I need it? I think no. So, let people shoot and shere their results. If you consider that you shouldn't buy a gun over 2K with no informatoin about the accuracy, just don't buy it, that is the easiest way. As for Alfa Barrels, I can say the same things, let people who has guns with the barrels installed tell about them.

Right, let the customers be the testers. You had a different approach back in Matador R2.5/R3 times. Each gun was carefully tested and you included a grouping with each gun. You do not care now?

Besides some dealers, tell me who provides a test target with each gun sent? FX? Daystate? Brocock? Kalibrgun? Taipan? Airgun Technology? Air Arms?

Awesome! The hide function really does work
1f44a-1f3fb.svg

I keep getting sucked back into these guys. I blame all the lurkers texting me goofing on them.

Peskadot671 - Steyr, Walther. Anyhow, does anyone need to include it? A company which values the customers does it.

Tim, do not forget to put your mask on before smashing some critters. I do not know why you wear it. Seems weird.

There's only a few manufacturers that will provide a test target with every gun sent. Does it mean that the rest of the other manufacturers don't care? If I personally sold you an airgun and provided you a 10 shot group target under 1/2" at 100 yards, would you believe me? Yes, it would be nice if EVERY manufacturer sent out a test target but not realistic. How bout a chrony string? Is a 5 shot string good enough? How about a 10 shot string? Hell, why not make it the whole string from the recommended fill pressure down to the regulator's set point? Yes, it would be nice but not realistic for EVERY manufacturer to do this.

I have a lot of high end airguns and am a snob when it come to quality and fit and finish because I can be!! it's what my hobby is buying and fixing up airguns then sell them for much less then I payed hahaha.But out of all my brands of airguns and I only have a few now because am after the best of the best. Edgun brand is always in my lineup because the fit and finish build quality and accuracy is amazing!! 

am saying this because guys like Tim flats bryan of Edgun west and the owner him self Ed are the reason why we have such a wonderful little gift called leshiy 2 Speaking from experience I have shot mine it is amazing probably my new favorite in my lineup The fact that during a pandemic that has shut our world down Ed and his crew has managed to get this leshiy2 out and in the hands of customers.

I am still waiting on other big companies who promised new air guns and they still have not delivered and now they are saying after the new year because of the pandemic I want to congratulate Ed and his crew for a wonderful airgun that will change the way all other air guns function work and design this is just my humble opinion because there is a lot of keyboard Karen's on this form who doesn't know what they're talking about they are being very childish and they need to grow up and understand how to run a company and Walt is involved and the cost to do so. Thank you Edgun and crew. For a wonderful new Airgun

Reactions: Peskådot671
Right, let the customers be the testers.

I've told many times already and can repeat it for those who hasn't heard it. I never persuade anybody to buy what I produce! I don't say "Subscribe to my channel!" at the end of every video. I don't hire a paid bloggers to advertise my guns.

And so on. It means I don't care of getting buyers by such a method. I used to say at Talon Airgun as answer to seomebody's claim on the high price of EDgun -- Just don't buy it! That is it. I don't care. I produce the guns as they are. We all are big boys able to make an own decisions and be responsible for that. Those who wants to put that responsibility to somebody else (mum, school, boss at work, wife, the State end so on...) are just not considered by me as the adult persons. 

If you are used to the fact that you are need to be pushed to do something and feel uncomfortable in the situation when there are no instructions, just don't buy it. That is nice for both parts. For you since you will stay in your comfortable world where any of you acts are the sphere of responsibility of somebody else and me, I will not have a caprise kid, who I have to wipe the snot. 

And I don't even say "sorry for the rudeness" since I don't consider the truth told out as rudeness. I am direct in all I am doing and saying and that makes the life much easier... 

Status
Not open for further replies.