• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leshiy 2 - 30 cal 350mm Power/Shot Count

https://youtu.be/QFmrG151Ia4

So just watched the Leshiy 2 vid above with the 350mm barrel in 30 cal config. Velocity is 775 fps for 59 ft lbs at muzzle for 30 cal 44.75g. 
Gun is using about 5 bar per shot. If reg is set at 130, that means we can get 24 regulated shots from 250 bar fill, or 3 mags. 

That is an insanely efficient gun considering the size, air tank capacity, and caliber. Just imagine the shot count when you swap out the second air cylinder for a carbon fiber bottle!

The ~60fpe listed above is right about what I have my Leshiy 1 set for with a Huma @125bar and a 350mm .30 barrel. I have the Drozdpcp extended airtube and I get about 10-12 shots per 250 bar fill. I can get up to ~72-75fpe if I crank the reg up to 140 bar and really crank the HST, but it is not enjoyable to shoot at this power level. The action of the gun starts to get a little violent and hard to control at that level. I am pretty excited to see ~20-24 shots as that indicates very good efficiency in .30.

I am thinking that .25 might be the most efficient caliber in the Leshiy based on porting and power levels. 

I have been searching for specs online and Airgunheaven got me all confused. There specs for the Leshiy 2 .30 cal feet per second don’t appear to be correct. I was hoping to be able to shoot the JSB’s 44.75 at around 880-900fps close to 80flb.

1589991578_17019893555ec5589a1b2667.80208590.jpeg

I think Edgun Leshiy 2 is an amazing looking gun and fantastic engineering. However good engineering is there is law of physics, trying to get 900+ FPS from such small gun and such short barrel seems rather against the design of the gun. Not saying it’s not doable but it definitely isn’t going to be in its design “normal” operational range. 

if you look at FX they don’t have a 30 caliber barrel shorter than 600mm and reason for that is the pellet needs lot of runway to reach that speed. To get to the same speed at half the distance or half the time it would take more than twice the power. Even if someone got it to shoot a 44 grain pellet at that speed it’s going to be very violent and likely not very accurate simply because you are operating at the edge of its limitations. 

You can get decent performance from smaller barrels, but you sacrifice a bit of efficiency, and the gun is naturally a bit louder than one making similar energy with more barrel length/volume

I personally think its worth sacrificing 'compactness' for optimal barrel length in airguns, trying to reach 'firearm' form factors with air guns is just plain, no...unless you keep operating pressures above 3500-4000k you will be hard pressed to make gobs of power efficiently or quietly in such a small package.

It'll still be hyped up by some airgunners, rightfully so as its quite an amazing piece of equipment, but what/where it lacks is certainly reasons I am unimpressed and not attracted to this particular hybrid of a rifle/pistol. Pistol form factors with carbine stocks may be a 'thing' for some people, but IMO they look silly and are trying their best to attract both crowds. Its certainly a 'niche' air gun for most in this hobby.

You can't have it both ways without sacrificing one thing for the other but you can come close or have somewhat of a balance. I think Ed definitely knows this. If he wanted to have the option for a 700mm barrel, he could do it but it would look silly on the Leshiy 2. Just like the new FX Wildcat MKIII with the 700mm barrel. It looks silly but that's just my opinion. Just like a 357 Magnum with a 2.5" barrel. No one is going to convince me to buy the 8" barrel version when I need it for concealment.

I think Edgun Leshiy 2 is an amazing looking gun and fantastic engineering. However good engineering is there is law of physics, trying to get 900+ FPS from such small gun and such short barrel seems rather against the design of the gun. Not saying it’s not doable but it definitely isn’t going to be in its design “normal” operational range. 

if you look at FX they don’t have a 30 caliber barrel shorter than 600mm and reason for that is the pellet needs lot of runway to reach that speed. To get to the same speed at half the distance or half the time it would take more than twice the power. Even if someone got it to shoot a 44 grain pellet at that speed it’s going to be very violent and likely not very accurate simply because you are operating at the edge of its limitations.

FX impact compact has a 500mm barrel and it’s putting out 80+ foot pounds 900 ft./s and it appears to be pretty accurate.

1590445952_11667969325ecc478088c442.65292766.jpeg

https://youtu.be/JI1u5J5F17M

The FX Impact is no doubt a great gun if you're into it. But it's not semi-auto, it doesn't fold in half, it's likely not as robust and rugged.

Also - they are two completely different guns so very hard to make comparisons. Especially hard as the Leshiy 2 specs are sparse and seemingly inacccurate in places. Just going to have to wait until we get them in our hands.

The FX Impact is no doubt a great gun if you're into it. But it's not semi-auto, it doesn't fold in half, it's likely not as robust and rugged.

Also - they are two completely different guns so very hard to make comparisons. Especially hard as the Leshiy 2 specs are sparse and seemingly inacccurate in places. Just going to have to wait until we get them in our hands.

Yes totally different guns, folding, semi automatic there’s nothing out there like it. I was just correcting the statement that was said that FX does not make a 30 CAL with a barrel shorter there 600mm.

Reactions: islandmanstx
Yeah - that .30 compact is actually quite nice looking. I'm just the type of guy that needs things a little bit more on the rugged side. A 'delicate' gun and I are not going to be best friends. If a few bumps of the barrel is going to change POI then it's likely not the best option for me. 

Don't plan on running my Leshiy 2 over with my wife's SUV, but it will not experience kid gloves either.