• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Lelya?

I've been watching the videos of this gun. I'm thinking about new gun. I have a wild cat 22 Cricket 25 and both of them will dot the eyes at 25 and 50 and the cricket is 75 + 100. The videos I'm seeing of the Edgun which I really like the looks up that doesn't look to me like it's that accurate. groups I'm seeing are not even close the ones i shoot Some one kick in and educate me.

I've never owned one of the new versions, but I about a month ago I watched a friend shoot paint balls off golf tees at 65 and 85 yards with an .25 EDgun Lelya 2.0. That's pretty accurate in my book. I don't think you're going to see anyone shooting .25 Lelyas in the next EBR, but then I wouldn't expect that anyway since its not that kind of gun...Actually, I didn't see any EDguns at EBR this past year. ;)

If you watch Ed's videos he says hes not the best shot.

I have no experience with the Lelya but I do with the matador.

The accuracy for me was great.

1 inch groups at 100 was easy. Loved the edgun until it was stolen then the replacement stolen also and have bought another one since and have zero complaints. 

If your lookin to buy it, go for it! If you end not liking someone would buy it real quick 

It is the shotcount and pelletspeed that is affected by the measurements in the concept . Not the precision if you adapt to the concept .

in other words , if you buy the LELYA with good concious of what the idea behind the concept is your preciision will not be different from amy other very good pcp. If you expect max. pellet speeds that equal Kalibrgun Cricket potentials given that the cricket has much larger airtube and longer barrel you will not be happy. But the nice thing is that EDGUN offers cricket equalling concepts as well. So buying a Lelya will never dissapoint you in terms of precision as long as you use it within the limits of the concept ( My experience is max. 900 f/psec with JSB King. Most probably slightly lower speed is even giving better accuracy) 

I've been watching the videos of this gun. I'm thinking about new gun. I have a wild cat 22 Cricket 25 and both of them will dot the eyes at 25 and 50 and the cricket is 75 + 100. The videos I'm seeing of the Edgun which I really like the looks up that doesn't look to me like it's that accurate. groups I'm seeing are not even close the ones i shoot Some one kick in and educate me.

Would not dream of educating anyone on accuracy... I will share though that after 2K or so shots through mine below, I did put up a group I had to take a picture of. Mine is tuned for the 34 grn EDgun branded pellets at 770fps. At this tune the 25.4s are at 882fps. Both pellets will pretty much stack at 50 yards. The 34s seem to provide less report from the rifle and group better beyond 80 yards or so. I only shoot the 34s now.

1548204422_11908539925c47b9866ae248.63864182_4C0D370B-A436-4B43-969D-24C951BEAB9E.jpeg

Best group I have ever shot with this gun... which I am very happy with was this 5 shot group at 100 yards.

1548204553_12211739525c47ba09567cb8.36975871_EAE086FC-4774-4F3D-AFE6-44D80660DD31.jpeg
1548204611_19811439215c47ba43db8128.36450767_3A5B07A3-01CB-4575-B029-B61FAF5E0272.jpeg

As previously stated, you probably won’t see this gun competing at EBR... lots of reasons for that. It is an excellent pesting rifle/tool that is built very robust and is super easy to maintain. I will probably get a second one in a smaller caliber. The Lelya has become my favorite platform.

Joe

Which video are you referring to?

I never intended my Lelya to be world class accurate, especially at long distance. Many of the groups posted to be real world accuracy. (Not cherry pick the best out of 20 groups then post it, like many do). 

You also have to take in consideration that many people don't sort, size, or invest in Huma regulators, especially for a gun that is not made for long distance in the first place. 

The gun is accurate for what it is designed to do, smack squirrel in the woods, not to take home trophies and awards.

If the Lelyas are as accurate as my R5M I think you'd be very happy!

☝🏽This

I'm getting 1/2 inch and smaller five shot groups at 50 yards with my R5M Standard. The Lelya is a point and shoot off-hand pesting machine. It's hard to mount a bipod but it can be done. I also think you would need to find the right set of shooting bags to be extremely accurate.

Would not dream of educating anyone on accuracy... I will share though that after 2K or so shots through mine below, I did put up a group I had to take a picture of. Mine is tuned for the 34 grn EDgun branded pellets at 770fps. At this tune the 25.4s are at 882fps. Both pellets will pretty much stack at 50 yards. The 34s seem to provide less report from the rifle and group better beyond 80 yards or so. I only shoot the 34s now.

1548204422_11908539925c47b9866ae248.63864182_4C0D370B-A436-4B43-969D-24C951BEAB9E.jpeg

@jwilson - love your shooting setup you got there!

I've never owned one of the new versions, but I about a month ago I watched a friend shoot paint balls off golf tees at 65 and 85 yards with an .25 EDgun Lelya 2.0. That's pretty accurate in my book. I don't think you're going to see anyone shooting .25 Lelyas in the next EBR, but then I wouldn't expect that anyway since its not that kind of gun...Actually, I didn't see any EDguns at EBR this past year. ;)

Mike,

one reason we didn’t see and Edguns at EBR is that Edgun has chosen not to sponsor shooters be giving them rifles or payments to use their rifles. Ed is not a believer in this type of marketing , I think he feels the quality of his guns speak for themselves but based I what I saw at EBR the top shooters all seamed to favor Daystate or FX. I also think that AGA pushed Daystate as they aren’t happy that FX decided to take care of being the US distribution center and repairs over them. This past EBR it seemed that Daystate was making a big effort to push FX and RAW off the top by getting new faces to use their gun. I’m not knocking the quality of Daystate or FX it’s just hard for smaller companies to match the offers to the top shooters . Some of the top shooters are able to make a living off the sport and great for them. I had asked one shooter if he switched to the RedWolf over the RAW for any particular reason and was told it was strictly a business decision on his part as a great shooter will do well with any capable rifle they become comfortable with.

rifles with short barrels has its limitations, you also have to know that every rifle must be tested with different configurations such as pellets, regulator pressure, tension of the hammer spring, and do not underestimate the weather (and shooters hability). Edgun is one of the brands that you can buy with a closed eyes ... but like all brands, they build rifles for all kinds of requirements .... the leyla is not made for long distance shots, this does not mean that I can not do it, for those purposes are edgun matadors ... if you want a short rifle that makes good groups at long distances, there is the edgun matador short!!

I currently own 3 EDguns. I have the Lelya 2.0, R3M STD and R5M Long. They are all best with the 34 grn pellet. The Lelya is tuned for 770 fps with the ED regulator. The R3M is tuned for 855 fps with a Huma reg and plenum. The R5M is tuned at 855 fps with the ED regulator.

Most accurate at 100-125 is the R5M Long followed by the R3M STD followed by the Lelya 2.0. I make this statement based on me shooting from bipod and bagged butt. I posted my best ever “cherry picked” group with the Lelya 2.0 😊 The system is amazing.

When I shoot off-hand the results are exactly opposite. The Lelya 2.0 rocks at 50 yards off-hand followed by the R3M STD then the R5M Long.

For my wants, the Lelya 2.0 is near perfect.

Joe