EDgun Lelya 2.0 valve question.

Has anyone noticed that their Lelya seemed a bit louder after changing the valve? Everything is working fine and there does not seem to be any blowback at the breach. I am going to tune it over the chronograph later today. I know when I pulled out the old valve the striker pin was very snug and had a sort of mushroomed head. I was careful when removing so I did not gnarl up the brass fitting. My thought is that some of the sound may be coming from there and the pin simply has not basically broken into somewhat of a seal. Again, I did not find any blowback at the back of the airgun and everything seems to be working just fine, though the area in question is not in a place where it is so easily checked. I had also noticed that the new valve appears to have a heat treated pin on it. Possibly to prevent it from deforming. I would like to add that I was shooting a DonnyFL suppressed Vulcan and a HW97k springer quite a bit while I was waiting for the Lelya parts. Im thinking its just me forgetting that bark it had to it, but just curious.

Hi Elbowgrease,

I apologize for asking a question in response to a question but I'm new to the Lelya.

Did you have to trim the valve stem to the 3.0-3.5mm length when you installed the new valve?

Thanks,

Nugria

No. It's a drop in replacement. But now that I think about it, I'm not 100 percent sure though. Everything did match up. That might be my issue if there is an issue at all. I think you only have to do it for the older Lelya because the older matador and Lelya have the same valve but different pin sizes ( I believe) . I also checked my valve once I replaced it to ensure that it was working properly and there was no binding going on before airing the air tube back up and dropping it back in the gun.

Ok. Just an update. All is fine. Tuned the Lelya to shoot the .22 Hades at 946 fps average. The reg is set at 125 bar and the hammer spring tension is backed way off. The reason for the slight reg increase is just because I do like to shoot heaver pellets as well. 18s and even 25s. Thing still has a crack to it but I cannot seem to find anything wrong and it is shooting great as usual. I think I just got used to shooting something much more quite for a couple weeks. Still curious if the valve should of been trimmed or not. From what I understand this is only for the older stuff. I could be wrong though. If so I have my theories as to why not to. I like to tinker and cannot help it.

Lol I think it could simply be the Edgun beast noise. What I mean is there action noise is just loud plain and simple! Compared to a Taipan Veteran or Uragan you'd think there broke compared to the Edgun. But yeah I'm betting that's the issue. I too am curious though about having to trim the valve stem. Mines pretty new so haven't had to mess with that but for future reference. My R5M is running like a top at 900fps with the 18gr. 110bar reg. Definitely quieted down some dropping the reg 15bar. Would be nice if they were quieter from the action but there such great guns that's the only complaint I can have but isn't that big of a deal either.

I did the breach seal TP thing. All is good. In fact that was one of the first things I did. In the end it was just me. I have to keep in mind that I run my Lelya a bit hot because I like to shoot the heaver pellets and I just picked up a few tins of Hades to try out shortly before the valve went south. I know shooting a lighter pellet can also cause increased noise. The Hades just happen to be the lightest I have run in it. 

Fortunately I have no issues if its a bit loud and willing to deal with it. EDguns do tend to have a bark. My Leshiy has a bark to it as well but its not near as bad running it in .177 currently. In the end when I hear something that just sounds different I am quick to try and figure out why. Ill deal with the noise if it lets me shoot a bit of a flatter projectile.