Other EDgun Lelya 2.0 <> Taipan Veteran Compact

Sometimes we just have to experience the pros and cons for ourselves and satisfy that itch. The Vet I've had for awhile and the EDgun just came in. Initial thoughts, EDgun is lighter and shoulders better - more comfortable. Taipan moderator is quieter. EDgun has more mechanical noise in operation. Accuracy comparison is yet to happen. Both are .22 caliber which is what I prefer to run right now. Next on the menu is getting rings and scope for the EDgun. Hope a few others here on AN might enjoy my venture through these two nice air rifles. It may be awhile before posting follow-ups because the $ is GONE.

DSC_0782.JPG

Last edited:
I also own both guns.
The Lelya 2, in .22 was my "first", PCP gun. Years later, I bought the Veteran Compact in .22.

You want the Lelya...quiet, buy one of their "BAT" suppressors. Not exactly inexpensive, slightly longer than the original, but it...works.

As for the guns. The Lelya is a little odd to cock, but I have an Air Arms Galahad, so I'm used to, odd cocking guns. But...I just don't care for the "rear" cocking arm of the Veteran. I have a couple of guns with the rear position, just don't care for them. I've sorta gotten used to them, it it doesn't mean I have to like them.
The Veterans trigger is a little better than the Lelya's, though the Lelya's trigger isn't "that" bad. In my "short, range", the guns are pretty equal accuracy wise. I think that most of the better quality guns, built in the last few years, and pretty good accuracy wise. With the BAT suppressor on the Lelya, it's a...lot quieter that the Veteran with the original shroud/suppressor on it.
Note that the Lelya IS...a bit louder in the action (ear) during the "shot".

I've had zero problems with either gun.
The Lelya is about 4 years old now. I think the Veteran is around a year and a half, maybe a little more.

Lelya 2
1713400472542.jpeg

Taipan Veteran Compact. Has a different sight on it now. I put the cocking lever back on the factory side also.
1713400526352.jpeg

Mike

Last edited: