EDgun Lelya 2.0 slug experience ?

EDgun Lelya 2.0 Slugs ? Anybody have experience with what types of slugs run well in this air rifle ?

Looking at .177 to .25 accuracy and shooting light weight slugs...

Jaydog

.25 FX Hybrid slugs worked for me, but the typical range I shoot this gun within doesn’t justify the cost of FX slugs as opposed to ordinary domed pellets. I’ve taken squirrels, rabbits, crow, and raccoon with domed diabolo pellets. If I were regularly shooting out beyond 100 yards then slugs may be necessary. My shots are generally under 50 yards. I have one kill slightly beyond 50 yards and I’ve taken a few shots out to around 100 yards. This just isn’t the gun I want to do that with outside of an extreme situation warranting effort to attempt to immediately stop a pest animal.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Now that I have seen this thread Ill have to try some slugs in mine. I have a good variety of slugs that I had picked up for my EVOL hps back when I bought it. Some howlers, FX hybrids, NSA and some H&Ns as well as JSBs in various weights ranging from 216, 217, 218. I have my regulator set at 125 bar. If I remember .22 Lelya is 120 bar. Ill take some shots in a day or so and see what I come up with. If I get my jeep back this week I might go out and test some providing the weather is not to bad. Im in AZ and its hot as hell right now. I might head early on a Saturday morning. Ill try to get some close range stuff within a day or 2 though and report my findings.

Reactions: Shooting Targets
I have put some slugs through the Lelya. Some JSBs and H&Ns, as well as some Howlers. I have yet get around to choreographing and have only tested at about 25 yards so far just to see what would group. I can say that it would seem that .217s group better then the .216s in general but overall they all seemed fine. Have yet to try any .218s. Though I do have some of those as well. I need to head out and about and test. The .217s did have the tighter group. Close to hole in hole at that short distance. Still waiting on my Jeep to get done. Its taking longer then expected. I get it though and understand. Im just happy that I over budgeted because its costing me a good amount more. Whats that saying about Jeeps. "Just empty every pocket." In any case Ill be messing with more slugs to narrow something down to really test at longer ranges. Probably take out some pest birds around the house. I can stretch those shots out a good amount but its just all about waiting for them to land within the safe zone.

The lelya 2 isn’t a slug gun, stick to pellets. the slug craze has taken over peoples minds lol
While I 100% agree with you Im still going to try .22 slugs in my Lelya. Honestly I have been underwhelmed so far. Shooting the JSB knockouts at only 700fps. Im not expecting much. At some point I will be able to get out and test them at a distance, unless I go through the tin before then, though I find it unlikely that they will preform better then a pellet other the retaining energy. And at that fps even with the reg bumped up just a bit Im not hopeful in the performance. I have a good amount of various slugs but all are in small amounts. I bought a mess of them to test in my EvoL HPS some time back. I have been taking shots at pest birds around the house at about 50-68 yards. Missed every time. To be fair it could be me though. Not resting the gun with each shot for testing really is not a good idea. But I am shooting how I would normally shoot. I would of hit more often then not with pellets though. Would not matter if it was JSB, H&N, or Crossman. What the hell, right. Why not waste some led just to see the results. Im curious anyway. I just hope some dont get upset with me If I dont get overly detailed with the testing. Again, when I get a chance to get out I can test more efficiently.

While I 100% agree with you Im still going to try .22 slugs in my Lelya. Honestly I have been underwhelmed so far. Shooting the JSB knockouts at only 700fps. Im not expecting much. At some point I will be able to get out and test them at a distance, unless I go through the tin before then, though I find it unlikely that they will preform better then a pellet other the retaining energy. And at that fps even with the reg bumped up just a bit Im not hopeful in the performance. I have a good amount of various slugs but all are in small amounts. I bought a mess of them to test in my EvoL HPS some time back. I have been taking shots at pest birds around the house at about 50-68 yards. Missed every time. To be fair it could be me though. Not resting the gun with each shot for testing really is not a good idea. But I am shooting how I would normally shoot. I would of hit more often then not with pellets though. Would not matter if it was JSB, H&N, or Crossman. What the hell, right. Why not waste some led just to see the results. Im curious anyway. I just hope some dont get upset with me If I dont get overly detailed with the testing. Again, when I get a chance to get out I can test more efficiently.
You don’t need to shoot slugs at those distances, your wasting your time and money, get a heavier pellet then if your not satisfied I believe the lelyas barrels are choked so your not going to have any luck with slugs but to each there own I guess

I have at this point given up. And yes the barrel is choked. I will still take some slugs with me when I get a chance to get out, just for the hell of it. These are slugs I have nothing else to do with. I already wasted my money so its no big deal. I have one dedicated slug shooter and anything under .218 size is not so great. So its better to shoot them then just toss them in the trash. Now there are a good number of folks here on the forum who have had very good luck with choked non slug barrels. If im not mistaken, they are shooting at much higher FPS then what I am getting from my Lelya. As for now I was getting far better results with Crossman pellets then slugs. No surprise. I would not even bother putting slugs against a better pellet in the Lelya if the Crossmans are doing that much better anyway. At a distance, I will find out at some point. I doubt that the slugs will be worth beans though. In the end. Im just messing around. Just curious.