• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leishy 2 - Scope Options? High budget

Hmm, how bout on a L1? I got 2 of those... link your thread if ya don't mind. I can't find it ..

I bought a Spitfire Gen2 5x from a local store & tried to mount it on a Classic Leshiy. 

This was as far back as I could get it & it still wasn't far enough. Returned it.

Amazing little optic, though. 

20210816_165805.1635602639.jpg
20210816_165700.1635602641.jpg
20210816_162154.1635602645.jpg

I would either save for the March 1-10 because it has side focus or get the Athlon Helos G2 2-12x42 DMR, for the same reason. Not having side focus for an airgun can get very annoying when you get above 6x magnification on a 1-?x? scope.

I've tried twice now using a Burris 1-8 and a Athlon 1-10 and its a NO GO for me because I use the most magnification most of the time. It's a HUGE compromise IMHO without adjustable side focus!

I would love the March 1-10!!! But I don't want to spend that much money honestly. On the other hand I use 12x on the Helos G2 often and 12x is enough magnification for many applications, plus the glass in these scopes is wonderful for the price. 2x is great for up close as well because of the thick reticle. This scope is loaded with features which puts it at a very desirable place in the scope world when you consider what it has to offer. It could be lighter weight but I personally will take that one downside as the trade off. Also not once have I felt the need for 1x on a airgun! Maybe on a AR-15 but that's another subject.

For years I had a NF 2.5-10 on my AR. For several reasons I didn't care for it so I replaced it back then with Bushnell LRHS 3-12 which I found to be a very nice scope and superior in different ways to the NF. Now the Helos G2 2-12x42 sits on that same AR which I like even more than those two other scopes!

I also have another G2 2-12 on my Steyr ProX. It's just about perfect for that rifle as well.

I might buy another I like the scope so much!

A few years ago I bought a cheap Athlon SFP 4-16x40 to put on my little varmint rifle which is a centerfire. My plan was to use this scope as a stop gap scope until I saved the money for a better one. That never happened because this scope is also a surprising scope. It just gets the job done and there's little to complain about especially considering it was $159! I'm not displeased with it so its still on the rifle. When I go to my friends place and shoot at the 420Y turkey it is pretty easy to hit! They have a 3-12 version of the same scope BTW and mils are correct on 10x, as well it has .1 mil clicks, is lightweight, and focuses close.

I'd like a March DFP 1-10 as well but $$$$

So I put a Athlon Helos G2 DMR 2-12x42 on my Steyr ProX instead. It was the best compromise I could come up with because it has side focus parallax that goes down to 10Y on 12x and much closer than that on 2x. I'm far from unhappy and am glad I didn't spend more for a 1-8 or 1-10! It's a scope that does REALLY well and feels like a $1000 scope. 12x is very useful for longer distances as well. 

Recently bought another one to put on my AR.

OP got a Nightforce. Best choice and superior mechanical quality right there. I've got two and would buy another in a heartbeat.

As far as the March scope goes, I have read a lot about the March. The compact unit's specs check all the boxes we ever wanted a scope to do. I got to handle one extensively at the EuroOptic store this month and the dials left me unimpressed next to the Nightforce and even other not-so-high-end scopes like the Athlon Helos G2 2-12×42 BTR. The March dials were hard to turn and not smooth, which matters a lot when dialing magnification and parallax. Fighting a tight dial means canting and or throwing the rifle off target while trying to focus. The glass and reticle was as nice as any comparable scope, and it was a solid, tight scope, no doubt. If the dials were buttery smooth and positively engaged like the Nightforce or the inexpensive Athlon Helos G2 2-12×42 BTR then they would definitely be worth it to me. I can see them used as a superior bench sight where timing and target engagement might not be a huge factor.