Edgun leishy 2 for a first pcp?

I own 2 leshiy 2’s, one in .22 350mm with factory silencer shooting hades at 900fps. It’s very back yard friendly at this level, and I have a Billy striplin endcap to allow the addition of a moderator to the end, and with a tatsu or fatboy, it’s even better. My other is a .30 with an fx 500mm barrel using a 600mm impact shroud and again the tatsu or fatboy. This one’s got more of a crack, but still not bad. In fact, both of them have the majority of the sound coming from the action, and while it sounds loud while shooting, it’s fairly quiet from 5ft away. I’m sure your neighbors are farther than that! Also like others are saying, it sounds like a nail gun, and not a gun, so the sound isn’t as shocking to people listening in.
My .22 I use primarily for woods walking and backyard work, whereas my .30 is currently looking for a job since the trash pandas have stopped coming around. I do like punching paper with it though, it’s very accuracy with the fx barrel (not that the alpha isn’t accurate, but the fx barrel shows motor promise).
I say go for what you like. I spent a LOT of money on the startup game, and wish I had just listened to others with the saying “buy once cry once”. Only issue with it, is once you have one expensive gun, it doesn’t stop there.

Rodney Hew said: Once I responded to your WTB AD FOR EVANIX SPEEDMAX ,you offered me $ 450.00 & you resell them for them for 3 times the price. WHO ARE YOU TO TALK GUN PRICES .

That's not true. I would never offer $450 for an electric Evanix. I pay about $1200 for those. I would also never buy a non-electric Evanix. So your story does not add up. Get your facts straight. -Nate

P.S. I do sell the electric Evanix for $2500-$3500 on eBay.

I’m hooked on those edgun squirrel videos on yt.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? you said it all in your lead comment....." Anyone can hit a squirel at 30 yards away "
Anyone can hit a squirel at 30 yards away with any gun. You don't need to spend $2800 gun to do that. Those guns are not very accurate. Get an FX or Daystate if you want a nice PCP. They will shoot alot better...a nice Crown or Red Wolf will be alot better.

OK, Advise this guy to spend $2500 on his first PCP. Then another $1000-$2000 on a comprssor, tank, and fill equipment. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason here. I told him to buy a 2022 FX (Crown maybe?). ...so anyone telling this guy to jump into PCP with $5k is assuming this dude pulls in $15k a month.

Come back to the real world folks! $5k is not cool for your first PCP.

The best thing about PCP's are the accuracy. If your first PCP is a semi-auto, you will not experience the precision offered by something like an FX side lever, AGT, or Daystate. So I would go with nice side lever at 1/2 the price (2X the accuracy).

I should admit that I don't like the L2 or the way they chose to market it. They get millions of views doing what they do, so obviously it's OK with alot of people...but I'll bash the L2 and Edgun West any chance I get.

Last edited:
I agree if you have the money burning a hole in your pocket plenty of options. The L2 is like no other pcp I own as for accuracy 1 ragged hole at 50 yards, sound yes it is louder compared to others but it can be tamed. For me the mod 40/50 had a tone my ears didn't like and to get a real idea of the sound you need to have someone else shoot it and you step back and listen. I have mine in a good spot but my barrels have been custom done and re-threaded with 1/2x20 which allows me to run a 500mm fx impact shroud plus a koi and it cut the sound down a lot. What are you wanting out of it is the question what distance do you have neighbors that will complain etc. Any specific questions feel free to shoot me a message I also have a impact, veteran, dreamtac, crown so we can chat other options as well.

20220714_010606.jpg

20220702_150651.jpg

OK, Advise this guy to spend $2500 on his first PCP. Then another $1000-$2000 on a comprssor, tank, and fill equipment. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason here. I told him to buy a 2022 FX (Crown maybe?). ...so anyone telling this guy to jump into PCP with $5k is assuming this dude pulls in $15k a month.

Come back to the real world folks! $5k is not cool for your first PCP.

The best thing about PCP's are the accuracy. If your first PCP is a semi-auto, you will not experience the precision offered by something like an FX side lever, AGT, or Daystate. So I would go with nice side lever at 1/2 the price (2X the accuracy).

I should admit that I don't like the L2 or the way they chose to market it. They get millions of views doing what they do, so obviously it's OK with alot of people...but I'll bash the L2 and Edgun West any chance I get.
Have you ever tested the EDgun Leshiy?

Reactions: SHOMER
Have you ever tested the EDgun Leshiy?
I would have to go out on a limb and say no to him actually testing one. His statement about openly bashing Ed and Brian every chance he gets tells me that he's butthurt because they wouldn't give him one to tear up and then resell with whatever problems he created with the new buyer expecting Ed or Brian to fix it. As far as I care, the product speaks for itself. It doesn't need some guy who has only been doing reviews for a couple years to try and hype it. There are other more credible reviewers with a helluva lot more knowledge who do a better job.
Personally, to add my two cents for the OP's benefit, I own several high dollar (or were at the time) pcps. Each one is fun and has it's purpose, but I wouldn't have bothered with them if I had bought the L2 first. It just checks all the boxes I was looking for in an airgun. Compact, higher pressure range, and as accurate as I'm capable of. Straight out of the box, didn't and still don't have a "need" to "tune" it. Most of the complaints I have seen are from people who think they are improving it and things aren't going their way.
It's a solid piece of kit with infinite options for later on down the road if I want to change things up.

Go outside, shoot, and have a great day.

Last edited:
Rodney Hew said: Once I responded to your WTB AD FOR EVANIX SPEEDMAX ,you offered me $ 450.00 & you resell them for them for 3 times the price. WHO ARE YOU TO TALK GUN PRICES .

That's not true. I would never offer $450 for an electric Evanix. I pay about $1200 for those. I would also never buy a non-electric Evanix. So your story does not add up. Get your facts straight. -Nate

P.S. I do sell the electric Evanix for $2500-$3500 on eBay.

I would have to go out on a limb and say no to him actually testing one. His statement about openly bashing Ed and Brian every chance he gets tells me that he's butthurt because they wouldn't give him one to tear up and then resell with whatever problems he created with the new buyer expecting Ed or Brian to fix it. As far as I care, the product speaks for itself. It doesn't need some guy who has only been doing reviews for a couple years to try and hype it. There are other more credible reviewers with a helluva lot more knowledge who do a better job.
Personally, to add my two cents for the OP's benefit, I own several high dollar (or were at the time) pcps. Each one is fun and has it's purpose, but I wouldn't have bothered with them if I had bought the L2 first. It just checks all the boxes I was looking for in an airgun. Compact, higher pressure range, and as accurate as I'm capable of. Straight out of the box, didn't and still don't have a "need" to "tune" it. Most of the complaints I have seen are from people who think they are improving it and things aren't going their way.
It's a solid piece of kit with infinite options for later on down the road if I want to change things up.

Go outside, shoot, and have a great day.
YES,THAT SEEZ A LOT ABOUT NATE'S CARACTER

One of my main concerns is how loud compared to this Gamo. It’s extremely tough to gauge how loud the Edgun L2 is from YouTube I’m considering the hornet model even if I have to start with a .177
Don’t plan on the hand pump I’ll go compressor or tank. Like I said main issue is noise if it’s quieter than this Gamo whisper I’ll be all set.
Get the L2 .30 W/ HUMA 40 or 50 & 350 mm barrel , cf bottle & you'll never look back (super quiet) hth

I humbly submit that much is said concerning Leshiy2 costs, while true the new counter prices could take ones breath. No one is required to purchase a NEW one incurring those added sales tax etc. As with most things in this life some people purchase things just for the bragging rights of having once owned something. Then selling their old love and moving onto their next quest for nirvana . Others purchase and custom outfit their treasures , only to have the economics of our times bring forth some very hard choices. It is here an alert AGN member could step forward and help a fellow member in need of some quick cash without taking undo liberties picking their bones. I have found the classified section to be most interesting as of late, and sadly it may become more so with our current times. :cool:

Reactions: L.Leon
As a first PCP and wants to spend some bigger money, I would advise a gun like the Steyr Hunting Challenge in .177cal. Enjoy the pinpoint accuracy such a gun delivers. Adding a better-end scope + mounts. I have had ½autos in powderburners. They are cool some of the first days you have them, but from there it gets boring. The L2 is a cool gun I admit, but as a 1st gun...maybe not the best. But again anyone is free to spend his own hard earned money as he wants. Today I see its more fun to hit singled out peanuts @ 50yards with a whisper silent airgun, than to shoot my .300mags or doublerifles. I`ve gone back and found the pleasure in the peewee caliber.

IMO, if it's your first gun, you'll want it to be one you're going to use. If the L2 does that for you, great. If you buy what the "stiff upper lip" crowd here deem the most accurate rifle and if it never leaves your closet, it would be more of a waste of money than an $8000 Leshiy 2 (name your own ridiculous price here).

For me, the L2 does it. I almost never take out any of my other guns, be they air guns or powder burners.

Reactions: SHOMER
I’m still on the fence. Have no experience in pcp. I’m hooked on those edgun squirrel videos on yt.
On another note. Anyone know where Brewski is in Maryland, of course I don’t have 10 posts yet and he has what seems like a great deal on an fx m3.
An L2 was my first PCP. I've got 2 now including the L2.

My thoughts:

You mention backyard pesting. The L2 is not the best gun for that purpose. The nature of the action means it's never going to be as quiet as a bolt action repeater.

You don't mention hunting/hiking which in my opinion is what the L2 is best at --- plenty accurate out to 50 yards, VERY compact for the power.

If you want to do both of those things though, a Brocock Atomic/Ranger with the folding AR stock should work for both use cases and come in cheaper to boot. A PRod with a folding stock adapter will be close.

The reason to get the L2 is because you want the L2. Maybe thats because of semi auto + compact, maybe it's because of endless customizeability, maybe it's because it freaking looks cool.

Only you know why you want it. In my case, I know myself well enough to know that if I didn't get the L2 I'd eventually crumble anyways and get one, so I went ahead and did it. Don't regret it at all even considering I bought too early to get the REPR.

In my case the Brocock would have been the smarter buy -- does what my L2 and my 1720T do but in one package instead of 2. I suspect I'll end up with the Brocock eventually and then I'll have three totally redundant guns, but I'm not trying to optimize for $$$ efficiency, so...

Again, only you know you.

If quiet is paramount though, get something else to start --- that's the only way (other than stretching budget more than you should) that you'll regret the L2 -- thing ain't a mousefart.

Reactions: L.Leon and SHOMER
I generally see "red flags" when people start talking about getting "the best gun for X". Optimizing for a single variable often results in an awful choice. Most of us are looking for guns that do a range of things "just well enough". For me, I wanted compact, packable, reasonably powerful, reasonably accurate, quiet and ?please? semi-automatic. With the L2 I had to sacrifice a bit on the quiet side, but it's otherwise great. The original Leshiy would add the quiet but sacrifice the semi-automatic. For most of my purposes that would be perfect, but I can't find it in Canada. Apparently they used to be sold here, so I need to find a used one.

I’ve always been of the “buy the best, and cry only once” belief. I mean, so long as the kiddies are being fed, and the mortgage checks are sent on time, then why not attain the things that attract us to them?

I’ve done this with all my hobbies from guitars and musical equipment, to firearms.

With that said, when one does this, one cannot help but wonder if the road they have travelled down has made them the best that they can be (I’m speaking to one’s potential not one’s standing versus others)

For instance, all my guitar hero’s (Hendrix, Waters, Django etc) all grew up poor. As such they had crap gear to start with. Yet, they all rose to the tops of their professions. So the thing to consider is whether the adversity they all experienced in relation to their instruments (and life) was integral in what they would eventually become? As for myself, I suck.

So in the end, the question the OP should ask himself is: what caliber and length barrel does he want? Personally
and with no experience what so ever with this platform, I’d go for the .30 cal with the red tinted grips

Either way, I wish you luck in your endeavor