Edgun leishy 2 for a first pcp?

The Leshiy 2 is my first PCP -- if you don't count the Crosman P1322. The Crosman is maybe a gateway drug.

I liked those youtube videos, as well.

I'd say the downside to having the Leshiy 2 as your first PCP is the cost. You'll want to not only get the gun, but you'll want some way to easily fill it up. Maybe you'll be content with a hand pump, but if you continue to enjoy the Leshiy, you'll want to spend even more money on a tank and compressor. On and on it goes.

In a few more weeks I'll likely have two Leshiy 2's. I've almost assembled enough spare parts to configure a 2nd gun.

Hello and welcome. I have an l2 250 22cal and am very happy with it. I do not work on or tune my guns I just shoot them at the factory settings. The only thing I have done is the initial prep of the L2 as pre Brian's video from Edgun west on resetting the barrel, other than that I just load it and shoot it. The gun shoots JSB hades just under 900 fps with 4 mags with a 220 bar fill. So far well over 2000 rds threw the gun probably close to 3 or 4 I have lost track with no issues. This is my backpack / door gun I shoot it just about every day and have taken every thing from everyday pests to raccoons (with in 20 yds). I think you will really like the gun the only complaint and not really a complaint is the trigger could be a little better but its not bad.( but for the price of the gun you expect a really nice trigger) Well good luck in what you decide and if you have any questions just ask Eric

Reactions: RAMJET66
L2 .22 250mm was my first PCP. Put a DonnyFL Fatboy 2.0 on it with the second chamber and its backyard friendly. Now that’s depending on your set up, caliber etc. I also have the Shorokh setup in .25 and that is quiet as well. Love the gun as you can tune it and add a million different after market items. Caliber changes are easy as well, just swap the barrel and mags and you are on your way.
Good luck!

Without the suppressor, set to about 130bar and the 350mm barrel, it's around as loud as a .22 LR rifle. Maybe a smidge quieter, but that's about what you are dealing with. I have my Leshiy down to about 110 bar when using .22 pellets. So that cuts the noise down a bit. With the stock suppressor, it would sound like a pneumatic nail gun or stapler. i.e. it has a noise. It does not really sound like a gun, but it can be heard. It's not exactly loud, but it's not quiet either. It's not the kind of thing that annoys or distracts most people.

Reactions: Ezana4CE and USAF
Long time powder burner and only into PCPs for 2 years, so I will offer some opinion as I am still very new. I will say I am hooked on PCP air guns. I bought them primarily to eliminate pests, and due to proximity of other neighbors I need what I use to be very accurate and VERY quiet. My first PCP was a Benjamin Marauder, and I made that choice knowing very little and needing a quiet gun. After I was hooked and learned some more I was ready to spend some solid $ on a nicer PCP. I strongly considered the Leishy 2 and researched everything I could about them becoming a HUGE fan. I had the opportunity to meet with some folks and shoot several PCPs which included the Leishy 2 as well as an Impact and Maverick. This was a game changer.

The FX Impact and Maverick were much quieter and in my opinion performed much better at longer distance. I wont tell you that some day soon I wont be the owner of a Leishy 2, because it has its advanges as well, but I went with a Maverick which I have since decked out with all the goodies I am sure you have seen on this site. I am very happy with it and will never part with it. Next up for me is the Impact M3, but honestly when I have done side by side comparisons its hard to justify the purchase because it doesnt really outperform my Maverick. The Leishy 2 might be my next PCP, but for a first that needs to be back yard friendly, with a Donny FL Ronin my .25 cal Maverick is hard to beat.

Reactions: USAF
Long time powder burner and only into PCPs for 2 years, so I will offer some opinion as I am still very new. I will say I am hooked on PCP air guns. I bought them primarily to eliminate pests, and due to proximity of other neighbors I need what I use to be very accurate and VERY quiet. My first PCP was a Benjamin Marauder, and I made that choice knowing very little and needing a quiet gun. After I was hooked and learned some more I was ready to spend some solid $ on a nicer PCP. I strongly considered the Leishy 2 and researched everything I could about them becoming a HUGE fan. I had the opportunity to meet with some folks and shoot several PCPs which included the Leishy 2 as well as an Impact and Maverick. This was a game changer.

The FX Impact and Maverick were much quieter and in my opinion performed much better at longer distance. I wont tell you that some day soon I wont be the owner of a Leishy 2, because it has its advanges as well, but I went with a Maverick which I have since decked out with all the goodies I am sure you have seen on this site. I am very happy with it and will never part with it. Next up for me is the Impact M3, but honestly when I have done side by side comparisons its hard to justify the purchase because it doesnt really outperform my Maverick. The Leishy 2 might be my next PCP, but for a first that needs to be back yard friendly, with a Donny FL Ronin my .25 cal Maverick is hard to beat.

If you want your air rifle to be silent, the Leshiy is not the tool for you.

Most PCP guns you can make near silent in the smaller calibres, if you are allowing yourself a small silencer. By "silent" I mean, the only thing you hear is the pellet cutting through the wind. You'll likely hear a small "clink" from the trigger mechanism as well. Sounds a little like a bounce of a penny on cement, more often than not.

Its the semi-automatic mechanism in the Leshiy 2 that limits its ability to keep quiet.

Reactions: theLBC and USAF
If you want your air rifle to be silent, the Leshiy is not the tool for you.

Most PCP guns you can make near silent in the smaller calibres, if you are allowing yourself a small silencer. By "silent" I mean, the only thing you hear is the pellet cutting through the wind. You'll likely hear a small "clink" from the trigger mechanism as well. Sounds a little like a bounce of a penny on cement, more often than not.

Its the semi-automatic mechanism in the Leshiy 2 that limits its ability to keep quiet.
this is true. you can make the L2 quieter from the muzzle with a mod40 than the sound from the action or air escaping around the magazine.
/or at least that is my experience.

with all the mod40 sections, i got it down to ~85db from 5' away, but 81db if i covered the action with a beach towel to muffle it.

Reactions: SHOMER and USAF
I’m hooked on those edgun squirrel videos on yt.

Anyone can hit a squirel at 30 yards away with any gun. You don't need to spend $2800 gun to do that. Those guns are not very accurate. Get an FX or Daystate if you want a nice PCP. They will shoot alot better...a nice Crown or Red Wolf will be alot better.

For a first gun, why not look into the Air Venturi Avenger? It's highly rated, fully adjustable all the way around, and if you go ahead and buy an air compressor, you can always add to your collection later. But the Avenger is a true little tack-driver. Like Kaylaindy said, anyone can hit a squirrel with any gun at 30 yards. Don't waste big amounts of $$ on your first one. I'm betting you'd still be happy with the Avenger. And for $350 it can't be beat.

Reactions: USAF

Anyone can hit a squirel at 30 yards away with any gun. You don't need to spend $2800 gun to do that. Those guns are not very accurate. Get an FX or Daystate if you want a nice PCP. They will shoot alot better...a nice Crown or Red Wolf will be alot better.
As usual you don't know what your talking about. I can get 1/4 inch groups at 35 yrds, 1/2 to 3/4 @ 50.

Reactions: delooper

Once I responded to your WTB AD FOR EVANIX SPEEDMAX ,you offered me $ 450.00 & you resell them for them for 3 times the price. WHO ARE YOU TO TALK GUN PRICES .

Jus' splitt'n Hairs for Field Off Hand stuff @ 50 to 75Yards..(where for me the most Fun / seeing stuff get hit is) : .....Some other Guns May be a bit quieter and a bit more accurate on a Bag sitt'n in a chair.....I SAY BooooooRing!

Run, do not walk to a L2......been playing air gun games bought and sold, all my life....."L2" SIMPLY Z BEST " Fun " COMPACT / Stealth (fold put in backpack so you Do-Not FREAK out hikers) Woodswalker , Powerful Semi Auto Way more than enough accuracy @ 50 yards "OFF-Hand" for squirrels...ability to Double tap or rattle off 8 rounds!...Do not dwell on what the others say "O" a little loud (mine with large can is backyard friendly) sure a Lil' air escapes via the cyl. wall who the F cares....Very powerful @ 930 FPS (Hades) n' .25 ....very accurate 1/4" to 1/2" @ fifty...........LIFE IS TOO SHORT for paper punching, or sitt'n a LONG gun on a truck hood!......... FUN is what life shall give you with this...End of Story....Had em' All!