"Edgun Leaky" Rifles DOA Out of the Box

• Thread starter Deleted member 46769
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never do business with Brian at edgunwest ever again. He’s arrogant, self centered, and does not care about his customer base. I recently watched a YouTube video from AEAC channel where he interviewed Brian at RMAC. At one point, in the background a passerby said something to Brian while he was talking to Steve. The look he gave the guy said it all. Steve looked sort of uneasy about it also. I’ve also seen videos of him with Ed making fun of customers trying to solve the short comings of certain parts of his prized guns. It’s a shame really, because the Leshiy 2 is a technological marvel, and really is a sturdy, and rugged platform. In fact, I own 2 of my own. That being said, the warranty/service setup is just a waste. If you don’t want to work on these yourself, finding another brand with good customer service is the best suggestion I can give you. I hope this gets resolved, but my gut tells me it’ll be a long and drawn out process.
Lol I saw that too and thought the opposite. They probably were in disbelief that there was a drunk guy asking if the guns were made in Poland. Seemed pretty obvious Brian and Steve were busy and actually doing a little more than talking.

Wondering why the vendor has not responded yet?
I am more curious as to why the Op hasn't responded yet? Seems like if he has an issue with a gun and was wanting to fix the issue he would have looked back here. There have been a few people offering help and assistance, yet nothing from Op??

Not trying to start anything.....BUT were guns actually bought? Or is this just an instance of someone spreading crap again? As of right now something seems fishy.

bamavet55 said:

I personally detest Brian Meckler for his handling and behavior in at least 2 transactions that I had with him. As I stated earlier, I will never again make any purchase from EDgun West. However, regarding that sales agreement on his website, the agreement is virtually word-for-word the same as the one on Utah Airguns' site. Also, Talon Tunes' agreement is just as one-sided in favor of the vendor.

Airguns of Arizona, on-the-other-hand, has a much more customer-friendly return policy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Earlier this year I bought a new FX Impact M3 from Airgun Depot. Right out of the box I couldn't fill the gun with air because the bottle that was installed on the gun didn't have the correct wider valve collar needed for the M3 because of the first regulator adjuster screw. Within 10 minutes I discovered what the issue was and sent photos to Airgun Depot describing the problem. I thought they would just send me the collar to slip over the valve. They instead sent me a return shipping label and after receiving the gun back they quickly issued a full refund. That's how things should work when you're spending 2K on a product that doesn't work. Not, I got your money, you're not getting it back, now pick something else I can send you.

I am more curious as to why the Op hasn't responded yet? Seems like if he has an issue with a gun and was wanting to fix the issue he would have looked back here. There have been a few people offering help and assistance, yet nothing from Op??

Not trying to start anything.....BUT were guns actually bought? Or is this just an instance of someone spreading crap again? As of right now something seems
Did everyone notice when the OP joined the forum?? Everyone on the forum has the right to purchase their guns from whoever they choose but the original post smelled fishy to me three minutes after i read it. Join the forum and within 10 minutes this is your first post, I’m not buying it.

Did everyone notice when the OP joined the forum?? Everyone on the forum has the right to purchase their guns from whoever they choose but the original post smelled fishy to me three minutes after i read it. Join the forum and within 10 minutes this is your first post, I’m not buying it.

Well I too joined this forum and posted a question right away (Leshiy classic breech locking problem) - got lots of welcome and kind help .... and of cause responded to all the answers in same thread - manners make man

I’m not sure why you find this so strange. The experience he had could quite possibly be the thing that pushed him to join the forum. I’ve seen that happen many times.

While I personally have not had a bad experience with Edgun West and Brian for the two purchases I made from him (One Leshiy 2 and one handguard) there has been a somewhat disturbing trend recently, with multiple credible posts from a number of different people outlining significant issues with his customer service.

In addition I would have to agree with the comments that someone made earlier about his attitude on some of his videos, and even some of his responses here on the forum have seemed… churlish to say the least.

This is simply not a good business practice. While the customer is NOT always right, the customer is always due respect, and due a courteous response. This is especially true when the customer has spent more than $2K per airgun on your product. Anything less than this runs the risk of thrashing your reputation, even with people (like myself) who have had a good experience, because it leads one to wonder if we were simply lucky. Ultimately we all have choices, and will end up spending our dollars elsewhere.

Brian and EGW are not alone in this as far as I can see. A number of the smaller vendors seem to have been overwhelmed by the significant increase in demand for airguns and associated products. The resulting decline in customer service, in the ability to respond to requests or questions, will drive business away from them and towards the larger suppliers. The advantage these small guys have always had was the personal touch. If they lose that, and they will if they are non-responsive, or rude/churlish, is that business will move away from them. Not every manufacturer has the equivalent of FX-USA to back up the vendor. For those vendors it is critical that they have the capability to support their customer base. Brian, and EGW, seem to be struggling in this regard and that’s a pity.

Chris

So There are some untruths in this thread by Robert , he did purchase a Lelya, and it leaked, he wanted to return the gun for a refund. We do have a policy that all gun sales are final. Before any further resolution could be made, Robert filed a chargeback; PayPal did not side with him because he refused to send the gun back to us. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
So There are some untruths in this thread by Robert , he did purchase a Lelya, and it leaked, he wanted to return the gun for a refund. We do have a policy that all gun sales are final. Before any further resolution could be made, Robert filed a chargeback; PayPal did not side with him because he refused to send the gun back to us. Pretty simple.
Now that incongruity (the italicized and bold type) deserves an explanation.

Reactions: c.wallace_06
I guess cocking gun then filling must of fixed it , he never responded again , one thing I disagree with is someone said they shouldnt ever take apart the gun as it voids warranty , this is BS , ED and Brian always try to educate customers on how to take apart and assemble the air guns so as it is done properly , not to say your warranty is void you touched it , However some other brands or retailers may do this not EDGUNS , as for a restocking fee well a used gun cant be sold as a new one so if you dont want the gun after buying it then . heck I bet alot of guns come back marred and scratched , so it protects to absorb some sort of loss . with a firearms same thing you walk out with it , it i used not worth retail .

I guess cocking gun then filling must of fixed it , he never responded again , one thing I disagree with is someone said they shouldnt ever take apart the gun as it voids warranty , this is BS , ED and Brian always try to educate customers on how to take apart and assemble the air guns so as it is done properly , not to say your warranty is void you touched it , However some other brands or retailers may do this not EDGUNS , as for a restocking fee well a used gun cant be sold as a new one so if you dont want the gun after buying it then . heck I bet alot of guns come back marred and scratched , so it protects to absorb some sort of loss . with a firearms same thing you walk out with it , it i used not worth retail .
I won't engage in any speculation in an attempt to side with either the vendor or the customer. However, if a defective item is mailed to a customer, I see no legitimate reason that a full refund is not due the customer.

No offense to the OP but I don’t take anyone’s word 100% if I don’t know them. Granted he could very well be telling the truth but HOW does anyone of us really know?? Not even looking at the worst case scenario that this is apart of a smear campaign against Brian; perhaps the op is doing or not doing something right.

My trust system on AGN is based on how truthful a members posts have been and the feedback that member receives from other members. Being that this member is brand new I won’t write him off as a liar or honest.

The only dealings I’ve had with Brian is when I put a $1000 deposit on the L2 and requested to cancel my order. He promptly refunded my money. This doesn’t mean I discredit others negative experiences because of my one positive experience.

There are 2 or 3 members within this thread who repeatedly jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts. The OP stated that he was brand new to airguns. It’s been 36 hours and he and has not provided any information on his fill source, the method his employees used to fill them, or if anyone even tried to cock or dry fire the airgun (while filling) to seat an o-ring.

Most people frequent AGN for knowledge and advise, but some just come to complain. It’s unfortunate that we regularly see the same members regurgitating their grievances for the umpteenth time. If you have a grievance you may start a single topic in the Dealer Feedback forum. If you repeatedly engage in smear campaigns without offering any assistance, you may lose your posting privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.